Expert: Azerbaijan can Sign Energy Agreement with EU
In parallel to the May 21-22 Riga Summit “Armedia” Analytical Agency presents an interview with political analyst, head of «3-d View» Analytical Agenc, Rauf Rajabov.
The interview is presented in parts.
- Mr. Rajabov what are your expectations from the EU Riga Summit?
- The Riga Summit on 21-22 by the participation of Eastern Partnership 6 countries will end in official Brussels without any political agreement signed by the 6 participant countries.
In particular the EU does not possess real political and economic tools to have influence on Armenia and Azerbaijan, especially after Brussels expressed an opinion according to which the EU is not going to experience another “wave” of enlargement to open the doors for partner countries.
It is noteworthy to state that according to the European officials Brussels should postpone it efforts until geopolitical and geo-economic conditions do not change in favor for the EU.
The thing is that the official Brussels cannot have progress in Eastern Partnership in the Post-Soviet countries unless the Ukrainian Crisis is solved.
It is also noteworthy to state that both Baku and Yerevan lack the aspiration of the close integration with the European institutions. To put it otherwise the official representatives of both South Caucasus republics do not intend to be engaged in the real process of the European integration.
At the same time one can assume that in Riga, Brussels will suggest Azerbaijan, Armenia and Belarus special status of a partner in the framework of Eastern Partnership, aiming to sign some political document with the three republics.
In particular official Baku avoids the EaP political and economic issues which can lead to Baku’s political-economic cooperation with the official Yerevan. Coming from this, official Baku can sign only bilateral cooperation agreement with the EU but not in the EaP framework; the agreement that presupposes mutually beneficial and equal relations between the EU and Azerbaijan.
At the same time official Baku strives to use the European platform for the realization of its national and regional goals. The official Baku can sign energy agreement which will presuppose full realization of “South Gas Corridor” project of energy transfer including the construction of the pipelines. This becomes possible especially if one takes into consideration the fact that Azerbaijan, Turkey, Turkmenistan and the EU are interested in the urgent implementation TANAP և TAP energy transfer projects and were engaged in the process of forming a “Caspian Consortium” in the framework of “South Gas Corridor” project.
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Participated in the Meeting of the Eastern Partnership Foreign Ministers Within the framework of the 26th OSCE Ministerial Conference in Bratislava, Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan participated in the meeting between the newly appointed EU High Representative for Foreign...
- INSIGHT From Yerevan: 10th Anniversary of the Eastern Partnership “Insight from Yerevan: Earth” hosted political scientist, PhD Narek Grigoryan, to discuss the 10th anniversary of the Eastern Partnership, EU policy and RA-EU relations.
- The EU EaP Future to Be Built on Dreams and Hopes Today the EU problem is not having similar agreements with the Eastern partners and moving forward with common principles, but not losing partners in the region and finding ways to deepen cooperation...
- Azerbaijan And European Union at Odds Azerbaijan does not succeed in enshrining the desired wording in its documents with the European Union.
- Armenia-EU New Agreement Outlines a Very Good Path for Future Partnership Armenia decides itself how far to go in this partnership taking into account that the country is a member of the Eurasian Economic Union.
Commemoration of Raising of Lazarus
Kim Kardashian Shares App Results that Shows Her Nationality
Russia's Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin Dances to Armenian Song (VIDEO)
Comment by the Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the Azerbaijani Disinformation
Reuters: Elizabeth II To Address The Nation Over Coronavirus
Peru Limits Movement by Gender to Stem Coronavirus Spread: BBC
Azerbaijan Tries To Cover Up Its Own Actions By Spreading Desinformation
Criminal Cases Initiated On Incidents During Artsakh Elections
Works are Being Carried out at Bagratashen Checkpoint to Reduce Pile-ups on the Territories of Noth Armenia and Georgia
Larsi Highway Is Open Only For Trucks
Ex-chief of Armenian Army's General Staff on Four-Day Artsakh War
Merkel Ends Her Self-Quarantine, Returns to Chancellery: Reuters
Spain Reports 117,710 Total Cases of Coronavirus, Surpassing Italy: Euronews
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Sarkissian had a Conversation with the Co-Chair of the David Geffen Medical Center at the University of California (UCLA) Dr. Eric Esrailian
OPEC+ Talks May be Held Next Week
NATO Ministers of Foreign Affairs Agree on New Measures to Support Georgia and Ukraine in the Context of Black Sea Security
Pashinyan Gets Acquainted With Repair Works of Lung Ventilation Devices
Australian State MP Hugh McDermott Congratulates Artsakh On Elections, Calls Baku Blacklisting an Honour
Soldier Dies in Artsakh in Unknown Circumstances
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Garo Paylan: Putin Made Erdogan Sit under the Statue of Catherine the Great who Symbolizes Russia's Victory over the Ottomans
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Aliyev Angered by Armenian Toponyms on Azerbaijani Museum Maps, Orders New Ones (VIDEO)
French Armenians Alarm About Links Between Paris Mayor Candidate and Azerbaijani Authorities
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Kim Kardashian Visits White House with Prisoners She Helped Free
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
Catholicos Aram I Held Phone Talk with Noubar Afeyan over Coronavirus Vaccine
Wind: 3 km/h