Expert: Azerbaijan can Sign Energy Agreement with EU
In parallel to the May 21-22 Riga Summit “Armedia” Analytical Agency presents an interview with political analyst, head of «3-d View» Analytical Agenc, Rauf Rajabov.
The interview is presented in parts.
- Mr. Rajabov what are your expectations from the EU Riga Summit?
- The Riga Summit on 21-22 by the participation of Eastern Partnership 6 countries will end in official Brussels without any political agreement signed by the 6 participant countries.
In particular the EU does not possess real political and economic tools to have influence on Armenia and Azerbaijan, especially after Brussels expressed an opinion according to which the EU is not going to experience another “wave” of enlargement to open the doors for partner countries.
It is noteworthy to state that according to the European officials Brussels should postpone it efforts until geopolitical and geo-economic conditions do not change in favor for the EU.
The thing is that the official Brussels cannot have progress in Eastern Partnership in the Post-Soviet countries unless the Ukrainian Crisis is solved.
It is also noteworthy to state that both Baku and Yerevan lack the aspiration of the close integration with the European institutions. To put it otherwise the official representatives of both South Caucasus republics do not intend to be engaged in the real process of the European integration.
At the same time one can assume that in Riga, Brussels will suggest Azerbaijan, Armenia and Belarus special status of a partner in the framework of Eastern Partnership, aiming to sign some political document with the three republics.
In particular official Baku avoids the EaP political and economic issues which can lead to Baku’s political-economic cooperation with the official Yerevan. Coming from this, official Baku can sign only bilateral cooperation agreement with the EU but not in the EaP framework; the agreement that presupposes mutually beneficial and equal relations between the EU and Azerbaijan.
At the same time official Baku strives to use the European platform for the realization of its national and regional goals. The official Baku can sign energy agreement which will presuppose full realization of “South Gas Corridor” project of energy transfer including the construction of the pipelines. This becomes possible especially if one takes into consideration the fact that Azerbaijan, Turkey, Turkmenistan and the EU are interested in the urgent implementation TANAP և TAP energy transfer projects and were engaged in the process of forming a “Caspian Consortium” in the framework of “South Gas Corridor” project.
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Participated in the Meeting of the Eastern Partnership Foreign Ministers Within the framework of the 26th OSCE Ministerial Conference in Bratislava, Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan participated in the meeting between the newly appointed EU High Representative for Foreign...
- INSIGHT From Yerevan: 10th Anniversary of the Eastern Partnership “Insight from Yerevan: Earth” hosted political scientist, PhD Narek Grigoryan, to discuss the 10th anniversary of the Eastern Partnership, EU policy and RA-EU relations.
- The EU EaP Future to Be Built on Dreams and Hopes Today the EU problem is not having similar agreements with the Eastern partners and moving forward with common principles, but not losing partners in the region and finding ways to deepen cooperation...
- Azerbaijan And European Union at Odds Azerbaijan does not succeed in enshrining the desired wording in its documents with the European Union.
- Armenia-EU New Agreement Outlines a Very Good Path for Future Partnership Armenia decides itself how far to go in this partnership taking into account that the country is a member of the Eurasian Economic Union.
President Armen Sarkissian Spoke on the Phone with the President of Latvia: Two Countries Possess Serious Potential for Cooperation
First Free Programs in the Healthcare Sphere are Being Brought to Life in Artsakh
Nikol Pashinyan Offers Condolences to Japan’s Prime Minister
Kalashnikov Factory in Armenia to Produce 50,000 Rifles Annually
Dolma Festival held in Odessa, Ukraine
Iran's Oil Storage Almost Full as Sanctions and Pandemic Weigh
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
North Korea Has No Plans to Hold Talks with US
Microsoft and Zoom Join Hong Kong Data 'Pause'
Artsakh President Received Armenia's Prosecutor General Arthur Davtyan
Pompeo Warns of Potential Restriction of Chinese TikTok App
The Élysée Palace Announced the Makeup of the New Government
Pashinyan Visits Newly Opened ''Kalashnikov'' Manufacturing Plant in Armenia
Armenian Defense Minister Receives US Ambassador
UK Imposes Sanctions Against Human Rights Abusers
President of Artsakh Receives Armenia’s Minister of Education
Members of US Congressional Caucus on Armenian Issues do Not Share State Department View on Azerbaijan
A Cement Plant Will Be Built in Artsakh
Armenia Records 29285 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Kim Kardashian Calls on Her Millions of Followers to Support Small Businesses in Armenia
Karen Bekaryan: Nikol Pashinyan Has Forgotten that His Mission Is to Represent and Advocate the Interests of His Country
''Nasty Armenian'': Turkish Singer Sued for Insulting Armenians in a Post Addressed to Kim Kardashian
Ancient Armenian Church Surfaces from under Lake Van
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
ANCA Calls for Robust US Funding for Artsakh
Comment by the Spokesperson of the MFA of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan on the Remarks of the President of Azerbaijan During the Opening on N Military Unit
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Statement by the Foreign Ministry of the Republic of Artsakh on the Occasion of the 28th Anniversary of the Occupation of the Shahumian Region
Wind: 8 km/h