Humanitarian Summit in "Inhuman" Turkey
The World Humanitarian Summit that was held in Turkey on May 23-24 was attended by a number of high-level officials from different countries and international organizations. During the summit peaceful settlement of conflicts, protection of human rights, the problems of migrants, etc. were discussed.
Holding such a summit in Turkey raises certain concerns and surprise.
It seems illogical that the heads and high-level officials of a number of countries, let’s say a large segment of international community is ready to discuss humanitarian, human rights issues in a country, which today creates a large number of humanitarian problems and advocate inhumane policy.
It is enough to remember that Turkey, under the pretext of fighting against terrorism, is warring against the Kurds that are its citizens, is massacring the peaceful Kurdish population and supports the terrorist activities of the Islamic State.
A number of opposition Media were forced to suspend their activities, great efforts were put by the ruling party for the abolition of the immunity of the parliamentarians, so as in the future to be able to settle a score with the pro-Kurdish deputies without any obstacles.
A number of human rights organizations in their reports raised several problems concerning the situation of human rights in Turkey, several European officials criticized Erdogan’s policy. However, after that, all of them together silently went to Istanbul to discuss global humanitarian problems.
Most probably it is this inconsistency and "forgiveness" that gives Erdogan’s regime an opportunity to continue supporting terrorism, to commit massacres against the Kurds and in all ways to restrict the freedom of expression in the country. This policy of Europe gives Turkey an opportunity to dictate the rules of game and put demands towards the EU without meeting its commitments for the EU accession and establishment of visa-free regime.
Double-standards and inconsistent policy very often depreciate the weight of the international community and the important role of being a "deterrent factor." As a result, Turkey and a number of other authoritarian countries not only go far away from the democratic and civilized world, but also become a threat for the latter.
The silent indifference of the international community towards the fate of the Kurds and some non-addressed statements are only a few from those factors due to which Erdogan today feels himself almighty and invincible. And Kurds here are not an exception at all.
- Artsakh MFA: the Statement of the MFA of Turkey Another Example of Ankara’s Biased Position Turkey’s opinion on this issue fully coincides with the viewpoint of Azerbaijan. By unconditionally supporting Azerbaijan and making statements that undermine efforts of the international mediators,...
- Erdoğan in Talks with European Leaders Over Refugee Cash for Turkey In a phone call on Tuesday between the French president, Emmanuel Macron, the British prime minister, Boris Johnson, the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, and Erdoğan, the leaders discussed the possibility...
- US Asks Turkey to Guarantee S-400 Systems Won't Come into Operation — Erdogan The Turkish president said on March 6, however, that Turkey would start deploying S-400 anti-aircraft missile systems in April.
- EU "Strongly Rejects" Turkey’s "Use" of Migrants at Border "The EU and its member states remain determined to effectively protect EU’s external borders," the ministers wrote in the statement.
- Erdogan Expects Ceasefire to be Declared in Idlib Following Moscow Talks Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov was hopeful earlier on Wednesday that talks between Presidents Vladimir Putin of Russia and Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey, scheduled for March 5, would make it possible...
EU will Raise More than €15 Billion to Fight Coronavirus: Euronews
Armenia Commandant's New Decision for Citizens Involved in Sports and Bikers
Armenia Bans Entrance of All Foreigners
Russia Calls for Joint Efforts to Prevent Global Cyber Crisis
Serzh Sargsyan to Attend Parliamentary Hearings on 2016 April War
WhatsApp Puts New Limits on the Forwarding of Viral Messages
First Coronavirus Case Recorded in Artsakh
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia Expected to Get €13.4mn Loan from International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Trump Signs Executive Order to Support Moon Mining, Tap Asteroid Resources
Armenia Records 853 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
President Sarkissian Offers Congratulations on Motherhood and Beauty Day
Pashinyan: 2bn 353mn Drams of Economic and Social Assistance Distributed to Legal Entities, Individuals
An Armenian Woman has Always Been a Keeper of a Hearth, a Support and Reliable Rear for her Husband: Artsakh Republic President
PM on a New Weapon Being Produced in Armenia
On April 7, the Armenian Church Celebrates One of Her Greatest Feasts - the Annunciation To St. Mary
Armenia's PM Hopes to Reach Arrangement with Russian President over Gas Price
Artsakh is Ready to Take all Necessary Measures of Self-Defense: Artsakh MFA
8 Coronavirus Patients in Armenia Are in Very Critical Condition
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
Catholicos Aram I Held Phone Talk with Noubar Afeyan over Coronavirus Vaccine
Statement of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the military incident at the Armenian-Azerbaijani border
PACE Rapporteur: I Am Astonished And Appalled By The Azerbaijani Government’s Shameful Exploitation Of The Coronavirus Pandemic
Baku’s Refusal of the Illusions of Restoring Its ''Territorial Integrity'' Will Help to Proceed with the Peace Process: Artsakh MFA
Artsakh President Chaired an Enlarged Meeting of the Interdepartmental Commission Coordinating the Prevention of the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus
Wind: 14 km/h