The US-Iran Tension Will Not Influence Iran-Armenia Relations: Expert on Iran (EXCLUSIVE)
"Armedia" IAA presents an exclusive interview with an expert on Iran Gohar Iskandaryan on the recent tense relations between the US and Iran.
- In the recent days, the US President Trump made harsh statements against Iran. He even imposed new sanctions against that country. What is the reaction of Iran? Will it lead to any further escalation of the situation, which will lead to breaking the nuclear deal?
- We can see that Trump, who, before being elected as US president made tough statements on Iran and now he just carries out his campaign promises.
We see that the sanctions were quite extended and new faces were included in the black list, who cannot enter the country. It was even reported that Iranian citizens who have green cards, were not allowed to cross the United States border either. That is there is indeed some tension. And not only Zarif, Irani Minister of Foreign Affairs reacted to it stating that "By closing the borders, you are contributing to the growth of terrorists", but also President Rohani reacted, stating that "the 21st century is not the time of closed borders.’’ It was also noted that if he US continues this way, the agreement on the nuclear deal reached in Vienna would be under threat.
However, it should be noted that the United States, headed by Trump, in fact have a very pessimistic approach about this transaction. According toTrump, the United States did not get the desired agreement, which could have been obtained as a result of negotiations.
-What influence will the new escalation of the Iran-West relations have on Armenia?
- A number of European countries do not share Trump’s policy at all. In other words, we are talking only about US relations with Iran. It should be stated that the two countries did not even have diplomatic relations for a long time and Iran has always been under US sanctions. And the expectations that existed at the time of the negotiations in Vienna, are no longer realistic, as Trump has a very strict policy.
In connection with this it is hard to say what will happen next, but it is an obvious fact that Armenia was better cooperating with Iran, when it was in isolation. In other words, I think that the tense relations between the United States and Iran will not affect the Armenian-Iranian relations. At the same time, Armenia should do everything in order to expand trade with Iran.
- Iran's Nuclear Enrichment at Higher Level than before 2015 Deal: Rouhani Iran has gradually scaled back its commitments under the nuclear deal in retaliation to Washington’s withdrawal from the pact in 2018 and its reimposition of sanctions that have crippled the country’s...
- EU’s Dispute Mechanism "A Strategic Mistake": FM Zarif After the mechanism is implemented, Iran would be given 15 days to resolve the dispute with the three European signatories to the nuclear deal.
- Dispute Resolution Mechanism On Iranian Deal To Be Launched The UK, Germany and France will notify the EU on Tuesday that they are launching a dispute resolution mechanism as part of the implementation of the Iranian deal (JCPOA), Reuters reported referring to...
- Johnson: Let's Do a 'Trump Deal' to Replace the Iran Nuclear Deal British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Tuesday called on U.S. President Donald Trump to replace the Iranian nuclear deal with his own new agreement.
- Pence: Trump Will Ask European Allies to Withdraw from the Disastrous Iran Nuclear Deal The agreement has been unraveling since Trump pulled the United States from it.
Bako Sahakyan and Nikol Pashinyan Convened a Working Consultation
Armenian Apostolic Church Celebrates Eve of Great Lent or Great Barekendan
Iran Records 5th Coronavirus Death
"Interaction between Armenia and Artsakh is the key to our people’s security": Nikol Pashinyan
Ara Shahverdyan, Robert Beglaryan Elected Members of Iranian Parliament
Azerbaijan Violates Truce 190 Times Past Week
Coronavirus: China Reports Drop in Recorded Cases as toll Reaches 2,345
Armenia's Ombudsman Visits Artsakh Military Units
Joint Meeting of the Security Councils of Artsakh, Armenia held in Stepanakert
Armenian Embassy in Iran Urges Armenia Nationals to Stay in Touch
Putin Expresses Concern Over Aggressive Actions in Idlib During Talks with Erdogan
First European Dies from Coronavirus in Italy
David Yurchenko to Play for Armenian National Team
Armenia’s DM Instructs Strengthening Discipline and Growth of Quality of Operative-Intelligence Works at Military Police
Mher Grigoryan Attending The Meeting of The Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission
ANCA Calls on US to Match Armenia and Azerbaijan Military Assistance
Putin, Macron and Merkel Call for Resuming Political Dialogue on Libya: Kremlin
Iran Confirmed 13 More New Coronavirus Cases
Iran's President Casts His Vote in Legislative Elections
Miroslav Lajcak Pay An Official Visit To Armenia
Garo Paylan Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize: Organizations Can Join the Initiative and Give Their Vote to Him
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
"Yerevan-2800" Silver Collector Coin Takes 3rd Place
Wind: 2 km/h