32 Most Powerful Economies in the World by 2050
A report from professional services giant PwC looks at which economies around the world will be the biggest and most powerful in 33 years time, The Independent reports.
The report, titled "The long view: how will the global economic order change by 2050?" ranked 32 countries by their projected global gross domestic product by purchasing power parity.
According to this report, by 2050, the world is likely to have changed drastically from what we know now, and the planet's economic and financial landscape will be no exception.
PPP is used by macroeconomists to determine the economic productivity and standards of living among countries across a certain time period.
With the exception of the USA, many of the world's current powerhouse economies like Japan and Germany will have slipped down global rankings, replaced by countries such as India and Indonesia, which are currently emerging markets.
Check out the ranking below (All numbers cited in the slides are in US dollars and at constant values (for reference, the US's current PPP is $18.562 trillion):
32. Netherlands — $1.496 trillion.
31. Colombia — $2.074 trillion.
30. Poland — $2.103 trillion.
29. Argentina — $2.365 trillion.
28. Australia — $2.564 trillion.
27. South Africa — $2.570 trillion.
26. Spain — $2.732 trillion.
25. Thailand — $2.782 trillion.
24. Malaysia — $2.815 trillion.
23. Bangladesh — $3.064 trillion.
22. Canada — $3.1 trillion.
21. Italy — $3.115 trillion.
20. Vietnam — $3.176 trillion.
19. Philippines — $3.334 trillion.
18. South Korea — $3.539 trillion.
17. Iran — $3.900 trillion.
16. Pakistan — $4.236 trillion.
15. Egypt — $4.333 trillion.
14. Nigeria — $4.348 trillion.
13. Saudi Arabia — $4.694 trillion.
12. France — $4.705 trillion.
11. Turkey — $5.184 trillion.
10. United Kingdom — $5.369 trillion.
9. Germany — $6.138 trillion.
8. Japan — $6.779 trillion.
7. Mexico — $6.863 trillion.
6. Russia — $7.131 trillion.
5. Brazil — $7.540 trillion.
4. Indonesia — $10.502 trillion.
3. United States — $34.102 trillion.
2. India — $44.128 trillion.
1. China — $58.499 trillion.
- Gazprom, Turkey Discuss Using TurkStream for Gas Supplies to Europe Earlier, Burmistrova said that Gazprom may consider delivering some of TurkStream’s gas further to Europe, on the condition that the demand for gas in the country continues to decline. Gas purchases...
- China's Economy Will Grow 2% This Year and 7.9% in 2021 "A premature policy exit and excessive tightening could derail the recovery," the World Bank said in its latest economic update on China, released Wednesday. It predicts the world’s second-largest economy...
- World Oil Prices Dropping And the Brent oil futures for February supplies fell by 2.97 percent to $50.71 a barrel.
- Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy "Last week’s optimism is taking a hit this morning and longs are edging towards the exit ahead of the OPEC+ talks," said oil broker PVM’s Tamas Varga, after OPEC+ failed to agree on policy in informal...
- OPEC Sees Steeper Oil Demand Drop as Virus Remains Challenging World oil demand will tumble by 9.46 million barrels per day (bpd) this year, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said in a monthly report, more than the 9.06 million bpd decline expected...
Armenia’s Minister of Defense Visited Military Unit
White House Has Published the Biden-Harris Administration Immediate Priorities
Polish Politician Offered 50,000$ to Cancel Publication of a Brochure on Azerbaijani War Crimes in Karabakh
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Closed
Iran’s FM to Visit Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Russia Next Week
Armenian FM Receives Ambassadors of OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries
Trump Orders to Declassify Set of Documents Related to FBI’s Russia Probe
Germany Extends COVID Lockdown until February 14
114 Refugees Return to Nagorno Karabakh in a Day
Iran’s Rouhani Hails Departure of ‘Tyrant’ Trump
Trump Grants Pardons to 73 Individuals, Including Ex-Adviser Bannon
Body of MIA Soldier Found in Jabrayil
Armenia Records 165221 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Competent State Body of Armenia Must Publish the Number of Armenian POWs – Ombudsman
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
We Will Continue to Fight to Make Your Dreams Come True: Garo Paylan about Hrant Dink
Armenia’s Minister of Defense Receives Delegation of Yerkrapah Volunteer Union
Trump Orders to Restrict Purchase of Unmanned Aircraft Systems from Russia and China
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Closed
Stable Operational Situation Maintained along Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Armenia Ombudsman: What Azerbaijan Military has Done is Step with Clear Intention to Intimidate Civilians
Wind: 8 km/h