Chinese Company Buys London's Tallest Skyscraper
A Chinese realty firm said it has paid 1.135 billion pounds ($1.462 billion) to buy the tallest skyscraper in City of London－the biggest Chinese investment in the United Kingdom's real estate market, the China Daily reports.
Analysts said that the move showed developers were diversifying their investments by location and business models, with more stepping out of the domestic market and getting yields from rental income instead of sales revenue.
Hong Kong-listed CC Land Holdings Ltd, controlled by property magnate Cheung Chung-kiu, one of the biggest real estate players in Chongqing, said in an announcement on Monday that one of its subsidiaries bought 122 Leadenhall Street, known widely as the Cheesegrater for its distinctive wedge shape.
The deal includes debt of some 12.7 million pounds and on March 31, the building was valued at about 1.15 billion pounds, the announcement said.
- Trump Says China Trade Talks Moving Along Nicely, but Beal Has to Be Right "The trade talks with China are moving along, I think, very nicely and if we make the deal that we want it will be a great deal and if it’s not a great deal, I won’t make it," he said.
- ASEAN Leaders Seek to Conclude World's Biggest Free Trade Deal After seven years of talks, negotiators for 16 countries are meeting at the ASEAN summit in Bangkok in a bid to accelerate progress on the free trade deal.
- China Wins: WTO Support to Sanction $3.6 Billion in U.S. Trade The damages awarded Friday, in a statement on the Geneva-based organizations’ website, are the third highest in WTO history.
- Nobel Prize in Economics Won by Trio for Work on Easing Poverty The three, who often collaborate in their research, were awarded the prize — officially known as the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in memory of Alfred Nobel — for developing new, experimental research methods...
- OPEC Hopes Russia will be Able to Resolve Differences Between Iran, Saudi Arabia Without a doubt, President Putin has more than just political authority, not only in the Middle East, but also on a global scale, he said adding that they very much hope that he will apply his good qualities...
UAE Flag in Armenia Lowered on Occasion of Death of President's Brother
Lebanon’s Aoun: Binding Parliamentary Consultations to Start after End of Contacts with Political Leaders
Pompeo: US No Longer Considers Israeli Settlements Illegal
Prime Minister to Pay Official Visit to Italy
Armenia official: Even if Natural Gas Price Changes as of January 1, it Will not Affect Consumers
Prospects on Launching Armenia-EU Visa Liberalization Dialogue Discussed in Spain
Armenian President Meets Qatari PM in Doha
President Sarkissian Meets With Armenian Community Representatives in Qatar
Erdogan Tells Trump Turkey Can’t Abandon S-400 Purchase
RA Prime Minister, World Customs Organization Secretary General Discuss Cooperation Prospects
"Government will Make Principled, Decisive and Consistent Changes in the Field of Education and Science": Nikol Pashinyan
Fixed-Term Serviceman Wounded in Artsakh
New Cooperation Bridge to Open Between Armenian and Israeli IT Companies
Meghri Border Checkpoint to Be Upgraded
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Chief Military Inspector Was Dismissed Due to Structural Changes: Vladimir Karapetyan
WSO Secretary General: Armenia Is a Leader in Region on Standardization of Customs Data
Georgia Ministry of Internal Affairs Addresses Participants of Demonstration
Armen Sarkissian Sent a Congratulatory Message to the King of Morocco Mohammed VI
Chief Military Inspector and his Deputies Dismissed from Positions
I Cannot Stop Cursing the Genocide Committed against Armenians: Fethullah Gulen's Letter Addressed to the Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople Was Found
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Armenian Genocide Resolution scheduled for a vote in US House of Representatives
Kim Kardashian Expects US House of Representatives Would Recognize Armenian Genocide
Only Turkish parliament can heal Armenian people’s wounds, says Garo Paylan
Reception at the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia to the USA in Honor of the Artsakh Republic Delegation
Nikol Pashinyan: “Making Real Changes for the Sake of Humans, the State and the Church Has Been My Mission”
Erdogan Demands US Hand Over SDF Chief to Turkey
Lori is a Splendid Textbook for Learning About our Native Land, While Vanadzor is One of its Most Significant and Beautiful Pages. Armen Sarkissian
Two Armenian Priests Shot Dead by Terrorists in Syria
Wind: 3 km/h