Brexit: Scotland Postpones the Second Independence Referendum
The head of the Scottish Government Nikola Sterdzhen announced that they decided to postpone the referendum on the independence of Scotland till the autumn of 2018, Interfax reports.
According to her, the referendum will be held after the completion of the process of Britain's exit from the European Union.
At this stage, Sturgen intends to focus the attention of the Scottish government on the Brexit talks and providing a "softer process" for Britain's exit from the EU.
Let’s note that the results of recent polls have shown that the residents of Scotland do not want to hold a second referendum before Britain leaves the EU. In addition, the proportion of Scots who stand for independence has decreased to 45%.
- The European Union Has Decided to Abandon Russian Coal In the Summer Many countries have joined these sanctions, even if this necessarily implies economic costs for ourselves," he noted.
- Germany Faces Steep Recession if Russian Oil and Gas Halted, Bank Lobby Says "The situation would be even worse if imports or supplies of Russian oil and natural gas were to be halted. A significant recession in Germany would then be virtually unavoidable," Sewing told journalists.
- EU Leaders Agree on Joint Gas Purchases Last year, the European Commission proposed to the EU countries a system of joint purchases of strategic gas reserves as a way to provide a buffer against possible supply disruptions. Fears of supply disruptions...
- European Union Launches “Team Europe” Package to Support Partner Countries with More than €20 Billion: Reuters Most of the money is being reallocated from other, less urgent EU foreign aid schemes in the EU’s common budget, but Borrell said the European Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and...
- The Guardian: EU Leaders Clash Over Economic Response to Coronavirus Crisis Meeting via a video link, the EU’s 27 leaders papered over deep divisions by agreeing that another fortnight was needed to discuss ambitious economic recovery plans. After a testy debate over "coronabonds",...
No Agreement Yet on Next Meeting Setween Armenian, Turkish Special Envoys – MFA
Russia MFA: Lachin Corridor Issue Should be Resolved on Basis of Trilateral Statement
Artsakh MOD: Situation at Line of Contact Relatively Stable
PM Pashinyan Holds Phone Talk with the President of Iran
US Not to Allow China to Isolate Taiwan: Pelosi
Indonesia Interested in Putin-Zelensky Meeting as Part of G20 Summit: Ambassador
The Number of People Leaving Armenia by Air Increased by 60 Percent
Switzerland Says It Is Ready to Represent Ukraine’s Interests in Russia
Evacuation of Monuments Has Started in the Kashatagh Region of Artsakh
EU to Discuss Schengen Visa Ban for Russians: German Cabinet
Soldier Found Dead – Armenia MoD
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
About 10 US Senators Reflect on Recent Azerbaijan Military Aggression Against Artsakh
Traffic Restored at Yerevan-Yeraskh-Goris-Meghri-Iran Road Section After Crash
It is time for Greece to finally sanction Aliyev: Greek media
Erdogan Expresses Support to Aliyev Regarding Military Aggression Against Karabakh
Artsakh Security Council Secretary Visits Berdzor to Inspect Construction of New Route
French Police Shoot Knife-Wielding Man at Charles de Gaulle Airport
Japan Keeps Finance Minister, Foreign Minister In New Cabinet Line-up
No Major Ceasefire Violations Recorded – Artsakh MoD
Russia Supports Normalization of Armenia-Turkey Relations: Zakharova
Azerbaijani Special Services Continue Hacking Armenian Accounts of Facebook – NSS Artsakh
Faith, Patriotism, Professionalism are Among Effective Mechanisms for Fighting Eternal Enemies: David Babayan
EU Will Not Recognise Passports Distributed By Russia To Ukrainians: Josep Borrell
Armenian Film Producer Armen Grigoryan Dies In Courtroom
Edvard Asryan Appointed Chef of Staff of Armenia’s Armed Forces
Armenian PM Receives Participants of 2022 Golden Apricot Yerevan International Film Festival
Raffi Hovannisian Barred from Entering Artsakh
Prime Minister Pashinyan Receives US CIA Director William Burns
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Meet in Tbilisi
Wind: 3.6 km/h