The European Union Has Decided to Abandon Russian Coal In the Summer
The European Union will stop importing Russian coal in summer and will do away with Russian oil by the end of 2022, German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said in an interview with The Indian Express newspaper published on Monday, TASS reports.
The European Union has adopted, along with its transatlantic partners, "unprecedented sanctions against the Russian Federation," the Chancellor said. "Many countries have joined these sanctions, even if this necessarily implies economic costs for ourselves," he noted.
"We are furthermore now implementing a very ambitious policy to reduce our dependency on the import of fossil fuels from Russia. We will stop the import of Russian coal this summer, we will phase out Russian oil until the end of the year and will reduce gas imports from Russia severely," Scholz said.
- Alexander Novak: Russia reached agreement with Azerbaijan on increase of natural gas deliveries "There is an agreement with Azerbaijan to increase our supplies because they still have a gas deficit," he said.
- UN Secretary-General Condemns Attack Near Russian Embassy in Kabul The secretary-general conveys his condolences to the families of the deceased and wishes a speedy recovery to the injured.
- Russia and Iran To Introduce a Visa-free Regime The mode will be valid for groups of 5 to 50 people.
- Russia MFA: Azerbaijan-EU Natural Gas Agreement Does not Contradict Baku Allied Cooperation with Moscow Each and every country has the right to independently decide how and with whom to develop its relations, including in the oil and natural gas sector.
- The United States Announced Its Readiness For a Dialogue With Russia on the Future of Arms Control We are ready to resume dialogue with Russia to shape the future of modern arms control if Russia is ready to act in good faith.
- Biden called Putin a Very Calculating Man Putin had thought he would break up NATO and break up the European Union.
- EU Proposes to Impose Sanctions on Patriarch Kirill Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia is among 58 figures earmarked for sanctions related to the Russia-Ukraine war, Agence France-Presse reported on May 4.
- Lavrov: Skripal Poisoning Could Be Beneficial To The British Special Services Sergei Lavrov told a press conference there were "other explanations" over who may have targeted the former Russian double agent in Salisbury.
- Is the Council of Europe Softening Its Stance Towards Russia? At the end of June, Moscow announced that it was no longer going to pay membership fees to the Council of Europe until the rights of the Russian delegation are not restored in the Parliamentary Assembly...
- EU Extended Sanctions on Russia by Six Months Despite the fact that several EU members have repeatedly voiced disapproval of anti-Russian sanctions policy and called for lifting them, which harm their states' trade with Russia, Brussels continues...
- Germany Faces Steep Recession if Russian Oil and Gas Halted, Bank Lobby Says "The situation would be even worse if imports or supplies of Russian oil and natural gas were to be halted. A significant recession in Germany would then be virtually unavoidable," Sewing told journalists.
- EU Leaders Agree on Joint Gas Purchases Last year, the European Commission proposed to the EU countries a system of joint purchases of strategic gas reserves as a way to provide a buffer against possible supply disruptions. Fears of supply disruptions...
- European Union Launches “Team Europe” Package to Support Partner Countries with More than €20 Billion: Reuters Most of the money is being reallocated from other, less urgent EU foreign aid schemes in the EU’s common budget, but Borrell said the European Investment Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and...
- The Guardian: EU Leaders Clash Over Economic Response to Coronavirus Crisis Meeting via a video link, the EU’s 27 leaders papered over deep divisions by agreeing that another fortnight was needed to discuss ambitious economic recovery plans. After a testy debate over "coronabonds",...
- CNBC: Nine European Countries Say it is Time for "Corona Bonds" as Virus Death Toll Rises Corona bonds are a controversial issue that has been dividing the 27-country region. Conservative policymakers in countries such as Germany, the Netherlands and Austria are often wary of the idea of issuing...
NATO blames Russia for failing to comply with new START Treaty
European Commission points to Kiev's deficits as part of EU acceptance process
Despite the geopolitical tension, mutual trade in EAEU continues to show positive dynamics: Pashinyan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenian parliament opposition holds hearings on Azerbaijan's Artsakh blockade
Artsakh Foreign Minister Sends Letters to Ambassadors of a Number of Countries in Armenia
Lilit Makunts briefed the US Middle East Institute president on peace agenda of Armenia
Congressman Pallone joins demonstrators at Capitol opposing Azerbaijan’s blockade of Lachin corridor
Development of digital economy has been and remains one of the most important priorities for Armenia: Pashinyan at Digital Almaty 2023
Commemoration of the Prophet Jonah
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Preventing a second Armenian Genocide: Ruben Vardanyan participated in the Columbia University online discussion
Turkish, Russian, Syrian delegations to meet soon: Turkish defense minister
Our top priority is to preserve Russia: Putin
Nikol Pashinyan and Mikhail Mishustin meet in Almaty
EU intends to impose new anti-Russian sanctions by special op anniversary
Deputy Prime Minister Tigran Khachatryan received the representatives of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation
Turkish Defense Minister also demands 'Zangezur corridor'
Nikol Pashinyan participates in the narrow-format session of the Eurasian Intergovernmental Council
Stepantsminda-Larsi highway is closed for trucks
"Michelangelo in the Ballet": Armenian Agrippina Vaganova, the Founder of the Theory of Russian Ballet
The comment of the Press Secretary of the MFA of Armenia on the psychological terror and violation of rights of Armenian children by Azerbaijan
Europe faces unprecedented crisis due to Ukraine conflict, Macron says
Azeri 'eco-activists' couldn't reach Lachin corridor without authorities' permission: Tatoyan Foundation
Pentagon commits another $2.5 billion in aid to Ukraine
Ruben Vardanyan offers condolences to families of soldiers killed in barracks fire
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
We highly appreciate the appeal of the European Parliament to the international community: Artsakh Foreign Ministry
Ararat Mirzoyan received Anne Louyot, the Ambassador of France to Armenia
Armenian Caucus leaders urge Biden Administration to consider emergency airlift, Azerbaijan sanctions to end Artsakh blockade
Wind: 2.57 km/h