Is Trump’s Replacement Realistic?
The behavior of the 45th president of the US, Donald Trump, who has got the name "the most unconventional" president in the US history so far, continues to make officials to think ways of making Donald Trump resign.
This time Democrat Congressman Jamie Raskin, representing a Maryland and being also constitutional professor, has authored a draft bill, which presupposes an investigation, whether Trump is "incapacitated" to continue as President, the Independent reports.
The draft bill is based on the 25th Amendment of the US Constitution. The Section 4 of the amendment, reads:"Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.."
To note the amendment was passed in 1967 after the assassination of President John F Kennedy. The amendment is aimed at temporary transfering the power from the president to the vice president, and has been used when Ronald Reagan and George W Bush underwent surgeries, the same source reports.
However, how are the congressmen going to prove that Donald Trump is "incapacitated"? The author of the bill, Jamie Raskin, in response to the question, noted that they were going to create an independent commission, which will determine whether the President is physically or psychologically fit for office.
How real is the success of the bill? It should be noted that so far the bill was sponsored by only 20 Democrats, and no Republicans, still it needs the majority to pass. Besides, the respective section of the Constitution stipulates that "the declaration of President’s inability to discharge the powers and duties of his office" should also be signed by the Vice President. Taking into consideration that so far there have been no vivid demonstrations of disagreements between the US Vice President and President, there is no ground to believe that the Vice President will join the campaign. Thus, to conclude at this stage the success of the bill seems more unrealistic.
- ''Today, We Commemorate the Meds Yeghern''- Donald Trump We recall the contributions of generous Americans who helped save lives and rebuild Armenian communities.
- Bolton Urges Iran to Change Its Behavior Bolton tweeted: "The Iranian regime should understand that it must change its behavior now or continue to pay the cost for its destabilizing behavior, which only hurts the Iranian people."
- Trump Vetoes Bill to End US Involvement in Yemen War Congress had earlier voted to invoke the War Powers Resolution to try and stop US involvement in a foreign conflict.
- The Deep Chill in U.S.-Russian Relations is Stirring Concern The deep chill in U.S.-Russian relations is stirring concern in some quarters that Washington and Moscow are in danger of stumbling into an armed confrontation that, by mistake or miscalculation, could...
- Congresswoman Urges Kim Kardashian to Press Trump to Recognize Armenian Genocide Congresswoman Jackie Spier, who has Armenian roots, has called on Armenian Americans to tweet to Kim Kardashian to press President Trump to properly condemn and commemorate the Armenian Genocide.
- Putin: Trump Opponents Harm US with 'Invented' Russia Scandal Putin said the US opposition was not treating those who elected Mr. Trump with respect.
- Will Putin-Trump Romance End Soon? ...to fully understand the logic of Trump’s policy towards Russia, it is helpful to get acquainted with the logic of deal-making introduced by Trump in his book entitled "The Art of the Deal'.
- Media - a Defender or an Enemy to Democracy? (Trump-Media War) The problem started when many media agencies stopped being the defenders of democracy and turned into a tool for different political forces to struggle against each other. The problem, which by the way,...
- US Vice President May Contribute to Armenian Genocide Recognition by the US I believe a genocide was committed against the Armenian people in the early part of the last century and it should never be forgotten…. The fact that more than 1 million Christians were killed makes...
- The US Will Be More Interested in Having Success Stories in Our Region: Liana Hovhannisyan (EXCLUSIVE) At the same time, the US will continue to participate in those formats, which it used to participate previously, such as the Minsk Group format. The US interest to have success stories in the issues where...
Recognition Path of the Armenian Genocide Through 2018-2019
The Armenian People Have Voiced Their Vision of Settlement of Artsakh Issue
Netanyahu: I Will Name a Golan Town After Trump
Armen Sarkissian Discussed with Philanthropists George and Caroline Najarians Possibilities of Implementing Charity Programs in Gyumri
INSIGHT FROM YEREVAN: The Legal Aspects of the Armenian Genocide
Turkish Presidency Communications Director Calls on the Global Armenian Community to Visit the Site of Akhtamar Church
Putin: North Korea Wants to Denuclearize But Needs Security Guarantees
Macron Will Announce a Package of Measures That Could Include Lower Taxes
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Blast in Town East of Sri Lankan Capital
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Uruguay Vice President Lucia Topolansky
Iran's Khamenei Says US Oil Sanctions Won’t Go "Without Response"
France Marks First National Commemoration of Armenian Genocide
Putin And Kim Pledge Stronger Ties in Vladivostok
It Is a Crime that Turkey Doesn't Want to Return Mount Ararat to Armenians: Zhirinovsky
This Is a Cut-and-Paste Policy, Set in Ankara by Turkish Dictators: ANCA Slams Trump over Failure to Condemn Genocide
French Ambassador Tweeted On The Occasion Of The Armenian Genocide
2019 Aurora Prize Nominees Announced
''Today, We Commemorate the Meds Yeghern''- Donald Trump
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Members of the Board of Directors of the Uruguayan Human Rights Defenders Institute
My Family Was Always Proud of its Armenian Heritage: James Bagian - The Only Armenian in the World, who Has Traveled into Space (EXCLUSIVE)
Who is Zahran Hashim, Alleged Mastermind of One of the Sri Lanka Attacks?
Sarkis Torossian, Armenian Hero of Gallipoli Campaign
Eurovision 2019 to Be Canceled?
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
Armenian Community Has Been Deeply Moved by the Fire of Notre Dame Cathedral: Daniele Cazarian - French Deputy of Armenian Origin (EXCLUSIVE)
More Than 70 American Lawmakers Seek US Official Recognition of Armenian Genocide with New Resolution
Assyrian New Year Stands For Nature Revival And Fertility: Interview With Arsen Mikhailov (EXCLUSIVE)
In Case of Attempts by Azerbaijan to Resolve the Conflict by Force, Artsakh has Every Right to Protect its Freedom and Independence. Artsakh's MFA
It is Not Artsakh Issue, It is All-Armenian Issue: Artsakh Republic National Assembly MP Vardges Baghryan (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6 km/h