Astana: A New Round of Syria Talks
A new round of Syria peace talks brokered by Iran, Russia, and Turkey has begun in Kazakhstan's capital of Astana, PressTV reports. Note that it is the 7th round of talks in what is referred to as the Astana peace process for Syria.
Delegations from the Syrian government and armed opposition groups as well as the three guarantor states are present at the talks. So are representatives from the United Nations, Jordan, and the United States.
Kazakh Foreign Minister Kairat Abdrakhmanov said earlier in October that the 7th round of the talks would address the issue of captives and mine clearance. The strengthening of a recent ceasefire is expected to be at the heart of conversations. Mechanisms for aid delivery will also be reviewed.
- Next Group of Armenian Specialists Leaves for Syria Next group from Armenia consisting of humanitarian de-miners, doctors and specialists ensuring their security has arrived in Aleppo, Syria on June 4.
- Syrian Troops Continue Push Into Jihadist Stronghold of Idlib Syrian troops captured the town of Qalaat al-Madiq on Thursday as they continued a push into a remaining rebel-held enclave located in Idlib province. The UN Security Council will hold a closed-door meeting...
- Why Iran Supports Turkey, Or the Regional Puzzle in Syria Interestingly, Iran joined this operation: this is the first Turkish-Iranian joint operation against the PKK. Turkey announced a joint operation with Iran against the PKK on the eve of the general elections...
- Withdrawal Of US Forces In Syria May Begin In "Weeks" Gen. Joseph Votel, the head of U.S. Central Command, temporarily moved additional security and logistics forces into Syria to prepare for the eventual withdrawal of the more than 2,000 American troops...
- Armenian Specialists Have Arrived in Syria The group consists of 83 members, among them de-mining specialists and doctors.
Karabakh's Return to Negotiating Table Is Always Discussed: Nikol Pashinyan
Kosovo's Lessons For the World And For Armenians
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
France's Sarkozy to Face Trial for Influence Peddling
Moscow Ready to Respond If US Stations Military Bases Near Russian Borders
Armenia Planning on Taking New Loans Worth $1.5 Billion
Saudi Crown Prince Should Be Investigated Over Killing of Journalist Khashoggi
Iran Says Will Not Extend 60-Day Deadline to Scale Back Nuclear Deal Commitments
Washington Meetings Not to Yield Serious Results?
Morsy's Son Blames Egyptian Regime For 'Slow Deliberate Medical Murdering' of Ex-President
U.S. House Passes Cox Amendment on U.S. Aid to Artsakh
Donald Trump Formally Launches 2020 Re-Election Bid
U.S., China Rekindle Trade Talks Ahead of Trump-Xi G20 Meeting
Angela Merkel Says She Is 'Very Well' After Visibly Shaking During Ceremony
UN Calls For 'Prompt And Thorough' Probe Into Morsi's Death
U.S. House Passes Speier Amendment Appropriating Additional $40 Million for Armenia
Ex-UEFA Boss Platini Released After Being Questioned in 2022 World Cup Probe
RA FM Meeting With OSCE MG Co-Chairs
Nikol Pashinyan Hosts Renowned Scientist Raymond Damadian
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Our Plans Will Target Reinforcement of Civil Society And Its Role: Naira Karapetyan, Director of ''European Integration'' NGO
Trump’s New Immigration Plan’s Threats to Armenia
Giacomo Luigi Ciamician, Armenian Chemist, the Pioneer of Solar Energy Idea
Kosovo's Threats to Join Albania Raise Opportunities For Armenia and Artsakh
Child Marriages Still in Place in India
Karabakh: "Coercion to Peace" Gaining Ground Again
Artworks on Scarves: Exclusive Interview with “Artuyt” Founder Arevik Arakelyan
Artsakh Should Be Fully Involved in the Humanitarian Events: Expert
Suspension of Turkey’s NATO Membership is Not Realistic in the Near Future
Wind: 10 km/h