Syria: Assad's Baath Party Wins Majority in Parliamentary Polls
Syria's ruling Baath party and its allies have won a widely expected majority in parliamentary elections that were held across government-controlled areas of the war-torn country, according to the results announced on Tuesday, Deutsche Welle reports.
President Bashar al-Assad's party and allied candidates, who contested the election under the "National Unity" list, won 177 of the 250 seats in Sunday's vote.
Turnout stood at 33%, as compared to 57% in 2016, said Samir Zamreeq, head of the country's electoral commission.
More than 7,000 polling stations were set up across government-controlled parts of the country. Voting also took place in former opposition-held areas for the time since government forces retook much of the territory it lost at the beginning of the civil war.
- Russia, China Veto U.N. Approval of Aid Deliveries to Syria from Turkey The Security Council will now vote on a rival Russian text that would only approve one Turkish crossing for aid access for six months. During the coronavirus pandemic the council has been operating virtually,...
- Russia, Turkey Conduct Third Joint Patrol in Idlib The first joint Russian-Turkish patrol of the M4 highway section in the Idlib de-escalation zone took place on March 15.
- Russian Military Delegation To Arrive In Ankara On March 10 Russian military delegation will arrive in Ankara on March 10 to discuss joint patrols in Syria’s Idlib, RIA Novosti reports.
- US Welcomes Russian-Turkish Ceasefire In Idlib The United States is encouraged by reports of a Russian-Turkish ceasefire in Syria's Idlib province, a spokesperson for the US Department of State told on Thursday
- The Ceasefire In Idlib Is Being Observed The ceasefire in Syria’s Idlib that was agreed by Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan and Russian President Vladimir Putin is being observed and the situation on the ground is calm, Russia’s RIA news...
Lynne Tracy Stresses US Commitment to Efforts to Pursue Lasting, Sustainable Solution to Karabakh Conflict
Artsakh President Sees Opportunity for Formation of Authorities of National Consent
Berdzor Mayor Presents Details Amid Vague Situation
Russian Peacekeepers Ensure Security of Vehicle Traffic via Lachin Corridor
Russian peacekeepers defuse nearly 1,000 explosives in Karabakh
Armenia Records 135967 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Roads are Mainly Open in the Republic of Armenia
Syunik Governor Hunan Poghosyan Resigns
Artsakh President: Over 600 Bodies Retrieved from Conflict Zone
Ameriabank Successfully Placed Its First Ever Green Bond
Prime Minister Holds Meeting with Judiciary
President Sarkissian Sends a Letter to Putin
Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Coronavirus Pandemic Unlikely to End Soon, WHO Official Says
Lt. General Jalal Harutyunyan Recovers Normally, to Be Discharged from Hospital Soon
France Wins 18th Junior Eurovision Song Contest
More Than 55,000 Residents of Artsakh Already Back Home – Government Says
Armenia Records 135124 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Kim Kardashian on New Initiative for Children of Artsakh
Cher Appeals to US Government to Help Armenia, Artsakh (VIDEO)
Kim Kardashian Speaks on Artsakh Peace Deal: This is Goodbye, for Now
Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Held Phone Conversations with the Representatives of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries
Territorial Concessions and the Announced Terms Have Not Been Discussed with the Authorities of Artsakh: Vahram Poghosyan
A New Era Starts in the Caucasus: Georgian President
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Sent a Letter to the UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
First Aurora Humanitarian Aid Projects for Artsakh Announced
Ara Ayvazyan Appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia
Wind: 3 km/h