US Forces in Syria Attacked after Air rRids on Armed Groups
Iran-backed armed groups have exchanged fire with US-led coalition forces in eastern Syria, a war monitor said on Monday, after deadly US air strikes on the groups in Iraq and Syria the previous night.
Coalition spokesman Colonel Wayne Marotto said US troops were attacked by multiple rockets and suffered no casualties. He said US forces “conducted counter-battery artillery fire at rocket launching positions”, al-Jazeera reports.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Iran-backed armed groups fired several shells at a US base in eastern Syria’s Al-Omar oil field, causing damage but no casualties.
Syrian state news agency SANA said “missiles … targeted a military base of the US occupation forces in the Al-Omar oil field”, without citing who was responsible.
Iran-backed armed groups had earlier promised to retaliate after the US launched several air raids on the groups in Iraq and Syria on Sunday.
- Turkey Is Ready For a New Military Operation in Northern Syria Kalyn said. He also added that in the event of a threat, ''an assessment will be made and everything necessary will be done.''
- Russia, Iran and Turkey Discussed the Turkish Operation in Syria Russian side tried to convince Ankara to solve the problem by peaceful means, without resorting to violence.
- Syria: Assad's Baath Party Wins Majority in Parliamentary Polls More than 7,000 polling stations were set up across government-controlled parts of the country. Voting also took place in former opposition-held areas for the time since government forces retook much of...
- Russia, China Veto U.N. Approval of Aid Deliveries to Syria from Turkey The Security Council will now vote on a rival Russian text that would only approve one Turkish crossing for aid access for six months. During the coronavirus pandemic the council has been operating virtually,...
- Russia, Turkey Conduct Third Joint Patrol in Idlib The first joint Russian-Turkish patrol of the M4 highway section in the Idlib de-escalation zone took place on March 15.
Mutual recognition of territorial integrity must be basis of peace treaty: Pashinyan
Lavrov says CIS countries aren’t immune from US attempts to meddle in their affairs
Neither Moscow, nor Brussels, nor Washington are ready to recognize Karabakh's independence or as part of Armenia: Pashinyan
Developments around Ukraine played significant role in Azerbaijan deciding to attack Armenia in September: Pashinyan
Zelensky says ready for dialogue with Russia, but not with Putin
EU Condemns Russian Annexation, will Never Accept "Illegal" Referendums
Catholicos Garegin II Prepares New Meeting with Former Presidents of Armenia and Artsakh
No need to look for any hint or hidden subtext: Defense Ministry spox clarifies remarks of Deputy Chief of General Staff
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Foreign Minister of Artsakh met with Representatives of the Armenian National Committee of America-Western Region
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Met with California State Senator Anthony J. Portantino and California Assembly member Adrin Nazarian
Lavrov: Deploying CSTO observation mission in Karabakh being discussed
Foreign Minister David Babayan's Visit to Holy Martyrs Ferrahian High School in Los Angeles
Armenia’s Security Council Secretary holds meetings at CIA headquarters
There is no talk of any “extraterritorial corridor” in negotiations of trilateral working group and cannot be - Overchuk
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to meet in Geneva
Situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Remains Unchanged
Putin signs decrees to recognize independence of Zaporozhye, Kherson regions
West attempts to stir conflict among CIS countries: Putin
Erdogan and Pashinyan may meet soon: Rubinyan
Azerbaijan Returns Five POWs to Armenian Side
Alen Simonyan’s Congratulations to Artur Tovmasyan on Artsakh Independence Day
Azeri Propaganda Spreads Fake Videos, Old Gootage From 2020 War
Ukrainian General Estimates Kiev’s Losses at Hundreds of Thousands since Feb
Pashinyan Meets with UN Secretary General António Guterres
Latest Events on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Have Nothing to Do with Karabakh: Putin
We Call on Azerbaijan to Return the Troops to their Initial Positions: US Embassy to Armenia
Pashinyan Presents the Consequences of Azerbaijan's Aggression to the President of Slovenia
Reports on Evacuations in Tavush Border Towns Are Fake News: Governor’s Office
Trump Warns US 'Is Going to Hell' and Needs Strong Leadership
Wind: 1.54 km/h