US Forces in Syria Attacked after Air rRids on Armed Groups
Iran-backed armed groups have exchanged fire with US-led coalition forces in eastern Syria, a war monitor said on Monday, after deadly US air strikes on the groups in Iraq and Syria the previous night.
Coalition spokesman Colonel Wayne Marotto said US troops were attacked by multiple rockets and suffered no casualties. He said US forces “conducted counter-battery artillery fire at rocket launching positions”, al-Jazeera reports.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Iran-backed armed groups fired several shells at a US base in eastern Syria’s Al-Omar oil field, causing damage but no casualties.
Syrian state news agency SANA said “missiles … targeted a military base of the US occupation forces in the Al-Omar oil field”, without citing who was responsible.
Iran-backed armed groups had earlier promised to retaliate after the US launched several air raids on the groups in Iraq and Syria on Sunday.
- Syria: Assad's Baath Party Wins Majority in Parliamentary Polls More than 7,000 polling stations were set up across government-controlled parts of the country. Voting also took place in former opposition-held areas for the time since government forces retook much of...
- Russia, China Veto U.N. Approval of Aid Deliveries to Syria from Turkey The Security Council will now vote on a rival Russian text that would only approve one Turkish crossing for aid access for six months. During the coronavirus pandemic the council has been operating virtually,...
- Russia, Turkey Conduct Third Joint Patrol in Idlib The first joint Russian-Turkish patrol of the M4 highway section in the Idlib de-escalation zone took place on March 15.
- Russian Military Delegation To Arrive In Ankara On March 10 Russian military delegation will arrive in Ankara on March 10 to discuss joint patrols in Syria’s Idlib, RIA Novosti reports.
- US Welcomes Russian-Turkish Ceasefire In Idlib The United States is encouraged by reports of a Russian-Turkish ceasefire in Syria's Idlib province, a spokesperson for the US Department of State told on Thursday
Extraordinary Sitting of National Assembly to Be Convened
Peskov Spoke About the Preparation of Another Direct Line with Putin
Estonian President Karis Admitted That Russia Cannot Be Completely Isolated
Pashinyan Receives Executive Director of World Trade Centers Association
Joint Extraordinary Session of CSTO PA Standing Commissions Held in Online Format
Russian Foreign Ministry Calls Ongoing Protests in Armenia Country’s Internal Affair
Iran Ready for Gas Swap from Turkmenistan to Armenia: Javad Owji
New Amnesty International Report Documents Azeri Crimes Against Older Armenians in Karabakh Conflict
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Letter to the President of Kazakhstan on Birthday
Weather Forecast in Armenia
EU To Give Ukraine 500 Million Euros More In Military Aid, Borrell Says
President Harutyunyan Signed a Number of Laws
Armenian Representatives Won 11 gold, 5 Silver and 6 Bronze Medals at European Championship
US Senate Passes $40B Ukraine Aid In Procedural Vote
USA President Biden’s Meeting with Prime Minister Mitsotakis of Greece
U.S. Air Force Says It Conducted Successful Hypersonic Weapon Test
Foreign Minister of Armenia Ararat Mirzoyan Will Leave for Brussels
President Zelensky Confirms Evacuation of Troops from Besieged Azovstal Plant in Ukraine
Peaceful Acts of Disobedience Start in Yerevan
Nikol Pashinyan, Vladimir Putin Hold Private Conversation
The Armenian Love of Aivazovsky
Artsakh Can Never Be a Part of Azerbaijan, State Minister Reiterates
Arayik Harutyunyan Received Members of the Artsakh Football Federation
Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan Chaired a Security Council Sitting
Lazar Serebryakov, Russian Admiral of Armenian Descent, One of the Founders of Novorossiysk
Turkey Not Positive Concerning Sweden’s, Finland’s Possible Joining NATO: Erdogan
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Finland Sees No Direct Military Threats from Russia: Permanent Representative to NATO
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
The Prime Minister Received the Minister of Sport of the Russian Federation Oleg Matytsin
Wind: 3.09 km/h