Ethnic Armenian MP of Syria, Baroness Caroline Cox of UK Discuss Community Situation
Representatives of UK’s House of Lords (Upper House of Parliament) have discussed the current state of the Armenian community of Syria, among other issues, during a meeting in the Syrian Parliament. Ethnic Armenian Member of Parliament of Syria Nora Arisyan was also taking part in the meeting, Armenpress reports.
"Numerous issues were discussed during the meeting with representatives of the House of Lords, which concern the restoration and situation of Syria, re-establishment of security. The Armenian community was also discussed," Arisyan told.
The ethnic Armenian MP presented to the UK parliamentarians that many churches and schools have been destroyed during the war, and restoration works are underway.
Arisyan told President of the delegation Baroness Caroline Cox that Armenians are living in a united and harmonious Syrian friendship, which is in line with cultural diversity.
- Erdogan Wants to Discuss with Putin Teamwork in View of US Pullout from Syria Kalin reiterated that "the aims of Turkey in Idlib remain the same". "Our task is to ensure the safety of people and property of the local population," he said.
- US Begins Withdrawing Some Military Equipment from Syria The official also would not say what part of Syria the equipment was in, although it's widely expected the drawdown will begin in northern Syria.
- Syria’s Assad Vows to Restore Armenian Church in Deir ez-Zor During the visit in Syria the Armenian delegation also met with the prime minister, the parliament speaker, as well as business companies. They have outlined a number of directions for future cooperation.
- Trump Says 'Erdogan Can Eradicate' any IS Group Left in Syria US President Donald Trump said his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan assured him that any remaining of Islamic State group fighters in Syria will be eliminated.
- EU Calls Turkish Authorities to Refrain from any Unilateral Action in Syria The European Union expects the Turkish authorities to refrain from any unilateral action likely to undermine the efforts of the Counter-Daesh Coalition or to risk further instability in Syria.
German MP Criticized for Receiving Money from Azerbaijan
5 Day Weather Forecast
Azerbaijan Violates Ceasefire 180 Times Past Week
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Trump Congratulated Nikol Pashinyan
EU: Recent Exchanges on Karabakh Send a Positive Signal for Progress
Rio de Janeiro Named as World Capital of Architecture for 2020
Armenia Launches Dialogue with EU Member States on Visa Liberalization
UK PM May Makes no Change to Her Demands in Talks With EU Leaders
Armenia's Deputy PM Heads to Moscow from Cairo
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Robert Kocharyan to Remain in Jail for Another 2 Months
On the Very First Day of His Arrival in Yerevan Lapshin Got Threats from Azerbaijan
January of 1990 Divided the Lives of Baku Armenians into Before and After
Freedom House: Armenia Is A Country With "Free" Net
Turkey Warns Syrian Army against Entering Manbij
The Chairpersons of Eleven Standing Committees of NA of Armenia Are Elected
Artsakh MPs Release Statement on 29th Anniversary of 1990 Pogroms in Baku
Krakow Will Host the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2019
Armenian President Sarkissian Played Tennis with His Wife (VIDEO)
Congratulatory Address by Acting Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan on New Year and Christmas Holidays (VIDEO)
Erdogan Officially Declared 2019 as the Year of Armenian Portasar
His Holiness Karekin II Catholicos of All Armenians Sends a Message on the Occasion of the Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ
James Mattis to step down as US defence secretary after announcing he can no longer support Donald Trump
As the Leader of the Country that Chairs the International Organization of La Francophonie, Nikol Pashinyan Signs OIF Secretary General’s Employment Contract
Artsakh Republic President Addressed Congratulatory Message on the Occasion of New Year and Christmas Holidays
Meeting between Pashinyan and Belarusian candidate for CSTO Secretary general not Planned: Arman Yeghoyan
Pompeo: US Withdrawal from Syria doesn't Change Mission to Destroy ISIS and Stop Iran's Influence in the Mideast
Eve of Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Candlelight (Lucernarium) Divine Liturgy
'For the Sake of Armenia': Saghatelyan, Bekaryan, Hakobyan and Farmanyan Have Established a Media Company