How to Make a Glint-wine? Cheer Up Yourself with This Warm Delicious Beverage
Glint-wine or Glühwein is enjoyed at traditional Christmas Markets throughout Europe, especially in colder Northern countries like Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Glint-wine is a beverage of European origin usually made with red wine along with various mulling spices and sometimes raisins. It is served hot or warm and may be alcoholic or non-alcoholic.
The secret to getting a great Glühwein is the right mixture of red wine, cinnamon sticks, sugar, oranges and cloves. Follow this simple recipe to conjure up a touch of winter magic in your own kitchen.
According to All Receipts, you need two bottles of good-quality red wine.
570 ml water
140 g sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
2 oranges - cut into bite-size pieces
Oranges for decoration
- In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer.
- Cut the orange in half, and squeeze the juice into the simmering water. Push the cloves into the outside of the orange peel, and place peel in the simmering water. Continue simmering for 30 minutes, until thick and syrupy.
- Pour in the wine, and heat until steaming but not simmering. Remove the clove-studded orange halves.
- Serve hot in mugs or glasses that have been preheated in warm water
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Happy New Year: Let 2018 Be Full of Miracles Let's do some good deeds in 2018: help the stranger, give money to poor, smile to passersby. And the world will change. Because good is contagious!
- How Was 2017 for Georgia? Perhaps the key event in 2017 was the constitutional reform aimed at strengthening the parliamentary system of governance. Georgi Margvelashvili, the president of the country, and some opposition forces,...
- How New Year is Celebrated in Different Parts of the World Although New Year is an international holiday and the calendar year changes for everyone at the same time, it is celebrated with many different traditions and ceremonies.
- What Important Events are Expected in the World in 2018? It should be noted that 2018 will be decisive for Armenia's political life as well. In the spring of 2018 Armenia will completely pass to the parliamentary form of government. The country will be headed...
- 2017's Top 10 Bestseller Books in Armenia The "Bookinist" company, which has the largest network of bookstores in our city, has presented the top 10 bestsellers of 2017 at the request of Armedia IAA.
Poland Completes Ratification Process of EU-Armenia Deal
Don't Worry, Be Happy, Don't Worry: Jean-Claude Juncker
RF President Vladimir Putin sends RA President Congratulatory Message on Armenia’s Independence Day
PM Welcomes U.S. Physician Dr. Eric Esrailian and UCLA Chancellor Gene Block
Facebook hasn't Complied with EU Consumer Rules Yet
Vox: North and South Korea Just Signed a Major Agreement. It may be Bad News for Trump.
Mother See: Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II Is not Resigning
CSTO Chief of Joint Staff not Authorized to Comment on Matter Regarding Secretary General Yuri Khachaturov
EU Leaders Try to Tackle the Migration Crisis
Artsakh’s President Sent a Congratulatory Letter to President of the South Ossetian on Independence Day
Japan's Abe Re-elected as Party Head, to Stay on as PM
Spokesperson of the MFA Armenia Comments on Situation on Border Between Armenia and Azerbaijan
Robert Kocharyan: Putin's Call Is a Serious Support
Ural Airlines Is Opening Direct Flights from Anapa to Yerevan
Idlib: Who Has Benefits from Putin-Erdogan Agreement?
“Fort Trump” in Poland
Dollar Continues to Fall in Armenia
Two Koreas Agree to Connect Railways and Roads
Turkey Reduces Investment Levels for Turkish Citizenship
Armenia, China Sign Air Communication Agreement
Belgian King and His Family Are on Vacation in Armenia
Pashinyan: Karabakh Should Become a Part of Armenia
Erdogan Wants to Build a Seljuk Style Presidential Palace on Shores of Lake Van
Angela Merkel Arrived in Armenia
Armenian-Chinese Friendship School Opens in Yerevan
Dan Bilzerian Registers in the Armenian Armed Forces
Merkel Left Azerbaijan with ''Armenian Flags''
US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan
Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Chancellor Merkel’s Visit is Unprecedented in 26-year-old Diplomatic Relations between Germany and Armenia
Wind: 17.70 km/h