Puigdemont May Rule Catalonia by Skype
Catalan independence parties have reached a deal to return Carles Puigdemont to the presidency with a long-distance inauguration from his self-imposed exile in Brussels, either by Skype or through a delegate, the Telegraph reports.
The two options - which would either see Puigdemont attending the Parliament on a video call or a delegate reading the inauguration speech on his behalf - are currently being studied by lawyers.
- Catalan New President Did Not Mention of Obeying the Spanish Constitution Torra, a hardline Catalan nationalist handpicked by the region’s deposed president, Carles Puigdemont, was elected by 66 votes to 65 on Monday and assumed office at a low-key ceremony in Barcelona on...
- Puigdemont Refuses to be Catalonia's President In a video from his self-imposed exile in Berlin, Mr Puigdemont named Quim Torra to be a candidate for the presidency of the region.
- Clashes in Catalonia over Puigdemont's Arrest The situation in Barcelona escalated in the evening as protesters fought running battles with riot police. Local authorities reported dozens of injuries and many arrests.
- Snap Parliamentary Elections Kicked Off in Catalonia Voter turnout is expected to be high Thursday.
- Spain Has Proof against Russia on Catalonia "What we know today is that much of this came from Russian territory," Spanish Defence Minister Maria Dolores de Cospedal said of Russian-based internet support.
Nikol Pashinyan: "Over the past 100 days, we have solved the key problem: we have ensured the country’s normal functioning and economic development"
Armenian PM, Russia President Talk on Phone
Turkey Intends to Establish Close Ties with EU
Trump Says His Tariffs will Rescue US Industry
Main Side of the Conflict Cannot be Withdrawn or Put Aside from Negotiation Table – Artsakh Parliament Speaker
Dollar Drops in Armenia
At Least 25 Killed in Suicide Blast in Kabul
Turkish Court Releases Local Chair of Amnesty International
Information of the Artsakh Republic State Commission on Prisoners of War, Hostages and Missing Persons
President Sahakyan Visited the Town of Martouni
Nikol Pashinyan Extends Condolences to Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte
Juncker Welcomes Release of 2 Greek Border Guards From Detention in Turkey
Artsakh Republic Convoked the Meeting of the Security Council
Armenia PM: Every Penny Stolen from People Will be Returned
Turkish FM: Problems with US Should be Resolved via Dialogue
Erdogan: Turkey will Boycott American Electronics
Chancellor Merkel to visit Georgia on August 23
There is no Force in Armenia that Will be able to Stand before People’s Power – PM Pashinyan
Yerevan to Host Meeting of CSTO Heads of Cryptographic Service
Iran's Khamenei Bans Direct Negotiations with US
New Wave of Hysteria Raised in Azerbaijan Due to the Possible Visit of Russian Singer with Armenian Surname
Artsakh Republic President Sahakyan, Minister Minasyan Discuss Economic Cooperation Between Artsakh and Armenia
Any constructive contact initiated by the parties should serve for settlement of NK conflict, Russia says
Israel: All the Citizens are Equal, but Jews are More Than Equal
Prime Minister Suggests Reconsidering Rental Contracts for Facilities Near Lake Sevan and Bring Them to a Proper Level
Robert Kocharyan Released: Court of Appeals Approves Attorneys’ Appeal
"We are Gure to Gain a Victory in our Common Mission" – Nikol Pashinyan Attends Event Dedicated to Armenian General Athletic Union Centenary
Greens Call for New Zealand's Parliament to Recognise Armenian Genocide
Foreign Minister of South Ossetia Congratulated on the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment of the MFA of the Republic of Artsakh
Artsakh MFA Received Congratulatory Message from Abkhazia MFA on the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment
Wind: 17.70 km/h