Afrin: Erdogan - a Bad Policeman
The column of the Syrian national forces safely reached Afrin. According to Ria.ru, this was stated by the representative of Kurdish self-defense forces Reyzan Hedu. He noted that their goal is to denounce the Turkish aggression directed against the Kurds.
"Today Erdogan turned out to be bad policeman, saying that he stopped the progress of Syrian forces heading to Afrin. These words are incorrect - the forces are already in Afrin," Hedu said. His words were related to the fact that earlier the president of Turkey announced that the militias retreated after they fell under the fire of Turkish artillery.
Hedu also said that dozens of journalists, who covered the progress of the Syrian national forces column, fell under artillery fire. He added that however the Kurds are in constant contact with the Syrian army, Damascus and the authorities in Afrin.
"We confront the Turkish aggression for 32 days. … They may have advanced to a number of positions, but on the whole the military campaign has been unsuccessful," Hedu added.
It should be noted that earlier some media reported, that the Kurds agreed with Damascus on the introduction of Syrian government troops in Afrin. Ankara refuted this, calling it misinformation. At the same time Erdogan said that Turkish troops will surround the city "in the coming days."
The Ambassador of Turkey to Uzbekistan Ahmet Bashar Shen said in his turn that Turkey's military operation "Olive branch" in Syria will continue until the country is completely cleared of terrorists.
Meanwhile, the official representative of the UN Secretary-General Stefan Dujarrik stated that the clashes in Syrian Afrin should be stopped so as not to put the local population at risk and not aggravate the situation in the region.
Earlier German Foreign Ministry also called to stop the fights in Afrin. They expressed concern that the actions of Turkey can aggravate the situation in Syria.
It should be reminded that on January 20 Turkey began "Olive Branch" operation in Afrin against Kurdish military groups, which Ankara considers terrorists.
- Syria: Assad's Baath Party Wins Majority in Parliamentary Polls More than 7,000 polling stations were set up across government-controlled parts of the country. Voting also took place in former opposition-held areas for the time since government forces retook much of...
- Russia, China Veto U.N. Approval of Aid Deliveries to Syria from Turkey The Security Council will now vote on a rival Russian text that would only approve one Turkish crossing for aid access for six months. During the coronavirus pandemic the council has been operating virtually,...
- Russia, Turkey Conduct Third Joint Patrol in Idlib The first joint Russian-Turkish patrol of the M4 highway section in the Idlib de-escalation zone took place on March 15.
- Russian Military Delegation To Arrive In Ankara On March 10 Russian military delegation will arrive in Ankara on March 10 to discuss joint patrols in Syria’s Idlib, RIA Novosti reports.
- US Welcomes Russian-Turkish Ceasefire In Idlib The United States is encouraged by reports of a Russian-Turkish ceasefire in Syria's Idlib province, a spokesperson for the US Department of State told on Thursday
Turkey Informs About Composition of Turkish-Russian ceasefire Monitoring Center in Karabakh
Putin Discussed the Outcome of the Karabakh Trilateral Summit with Permanent Members of Russia's Security Council
Governor of Shirak Tigran Petrosyan Tenders Resignation
The Armenian Cultural Heritage in the Territories under the Azerbaijani Control is Seriously Endangered: MFA
More than 100 Individuals Arrested for Capitol Hill Riots, Says FBI
North Korea Unveils New Submarine-Launched Missile
Hrant Dink Commemoration Events to be Held Online this Year
Russian Peacekeepers in Karabakh Begin Coronavirus Vaccination
Armenia Records 163972 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Russian Foreign Ministry Informs US, French Ambassadors About Putin-Pashinyan-Aliyev Meeting
Iran Fires Cruise Missiles during Naval Drill
Turkey Says Turning Back on S-400s 'Problematic'
Iranian Champion Dedicates his Gold Medal to the Family of Armenian Athlete Killed in the Artsakh War
No Search Operations Planned in Artsakh at the Request of Azerbaijan
Feast of the Birth of St. John the Forerunner (Baptist)
Trump again Urges "No Violence" Following Historic 2nd Impeachment
Information Provided by Armenian POWs in Azerbaijan can’t Serve as Base for Prosecution against Them
Armenia Records 163576 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
US House of Representatives Impeaches Trump
Pilgrimage to Armenian St. Thaddeus Monastery in Iran Inscribed on UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Wind: 12 km/h