Armenian and Russian Peoples’ Friendship is Anchored on Christian Values: Eduard Sharmazanov
The RA NA Vice President Eduard Sharmazanov met with the RF delegation, led by the Executive Director of the History of the Motherland Foundation Konstantin Mogilevsky and the Director of the Russian Centre for Science and Culture in Yerevan Sergey Rybinsky, to take part in the Conference dedicated to the 190th anniversary of the Treaty of Turkmenchay, the official page of the RA NA reports.
Eduard Sharmazanov offered condolences on the Russian An-26 aircraft crash while landing at Hmeymim Airport of Syria which caused casualties.
The RA NA Vice President has highlighted the holding of the Conference with the heading: The Treaty of Turkmenchay: 190 Years. The History and the Present in Yerevan, underlining that such events are important not only in terms of once again evaluating the past, but also informing the youth about the Armenian-Russian centuries-old friendship and common past.
"The victory in the Great Patriotic War is our peoples' common victory, and the new generation should be well aware of that and recognize heroes. The Armenian and the Russian peoples' friendship is anchored on Christian values. We have common values and we should preserve them," he underscored.
Eduard Sharmazanov proposed them to organize an Armenian-Russian scientific-educational Conference dedicated to the Battle of Kursk, noting that the Chief of Marshal of Tank Troops of the Soviet Union, Hero of the Great Patriotic War Hamazasp Babajanyan was the hero of that Battle. He proposed also to discuss the issue of also organizing the exhibition in the Russian Federation with the heading Parliamentarians against Genocides dedicated to the 70th jubilee year of the adoption of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide by the UN.
In the implementation of the initiatives and the programmes the guests underlined the support of the History of the Motherland Foundation and the Russian Centre for Science and Culture in Yerevan.
The perspectives of the activation of the two peoples' political, military, educational and scientific ties were discussed. It has been noted that the further development and deepening of the bilateral relations stems from the interests of the two states.
- Lavrov: Armenia and Russia Prepare Document Guaranteeing Absence of Foreign Military and Transparency of Biolabs Armenia and Russia are process a document guaranteeing the more transparent work of biological laboratories in Armenia in terms of guaranteeing the absence of any threats and risks, Russian foreign minister...
- I Consider Russia’s Position on the Issue Highly Constructive - Pashinyan Russia’s position in the issue of appointment of CSTO secretary general is highly constructive. RA acting PM Nikol Pashinyan stated at a press conference today on November 20.
- In Relations with Armenia Russia Proceeds from the Statements of Nikol Pashinyan: Lavrov During the meeting Zohrab Mnatsakanyan noted that the Armenian government is committed to deepening and strengthening cooperation with Russia, this remains one of the priorities, and Yerevan is determined...
- Yerevan Expects New High-Level Contacts with Russia, Mnatsakanyan According to him, Armenia intends to expend its cooperation with Russia in all fields, as well as within Eurasian Economic Union and CSTO.
- The Meeting of the Armenian Foreign Ministers to Kick Off This is the Armenian FM’s first meeting with his Russian counterpart since assuming office.
PM Receives Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office
Nikol Pashinyan Receives U.S. Ambassador to Armenia Lynne Tracy
Nikol Pashinyan: "We Need to Understand What Kind of Targeted Programs Should be Implemented to Improve the Demographic Situation"
PACE President to Visit Armenia
President Sarkissian had a Phone Conversation with Darigha Nazarbaeva
President of the National Assembly of Artsakh Welcomed Creation of the "Parliamentary Friends of the People of Artsakh" Group
EU Says Doesn't Recognize Israeli Sovereignty over Golan Heights
Roaming Service Tariffs might be dropped to zero in EEU
Erdogan: Trump's Golan Heights Statement Threatens New Crisis
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Syria Condemns Donald Trump's Remarks Over Golan Heights
Alexander Mantashev: the Wealthiest Armenian in Russian Tzardom
Unidentified Individuals Throw Grenade at Police Booth Near Russian Embassy in Athens
President of Artsakh Discusses SME Development with Businessmen
Armen Sarkissian Congratulated Kasim-Zhomart Tokaev on Assuming the Post of the President of Kazakhstan
EU Delays Brexit
Charles Aznavour Awarded Posthumously
New Zealand Minister Lands in Turkey For 'substantial' Talks Over Christchurch
Kurdish People Are Not Afraid of Bans: Knyaz Hasanov (EXCLUSIVE)
At Least 70 Dead As Overloaded Iraq Ship Sinks Near Mosul
Ara Darzi, Outstanding Surgeon, the First Armenian in the House of Lords
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
Armenian Anita Caracotchian: The First Female Oceanographer in the World
Macron Calls for Schengen Reform
Information on Downing Armenian Spy Drone by Azerbaijani Side Doesn't Correspond to Reality: Artsakh Defense Army
Armenian Ambassador Expressed Indignation over the Participation of the Russian MPs in the Anti-Armenian Rally in Baku
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 150 Times
President of Artsakh, NSS Director of Armenia Visit Southern Section of Artsakh-Azerbaijan Borderline
We Are for the U.S. government to Officially Recognize the Armenian Genocide: U.S. Presidential Candidate
Wind: 8 km/h