Armenian and Russian Peoples’ Friendship is Anchored on Christian Values: Eduard Sharmazanov
The RA NA Vice President Eduard Sharmazanov met with the RF delegation, led by the Executive Director of the History of the Motherland Foundation Konstantin Mogilevsky and the Director of the Russian Centre for Science and Culture in Yerevan Sergey Rybinsky, to take part in the Conference dedicated to the 190th anniversary of the Treaty of Turkmenchay, the official page of the RA NA reports.
Eduard Sharmazanov offered condolences on the Russian An-26 aircraft crash while landing at Hmeymim Airport of Syria which caused casualties.
The RA NA Vice President has highlighted the holding of the Conference with the heading: The Treaty of Turkmenchay: 190 Years. The History and the Present in Yerevan, underlining that such events are important not only in terms of once again evaluating the past, but also informing the youth about the Armenian-Russian centuries-old friendship and common past.
"The victory in the Great Patriotic War is our peoples' common victory, and the new generation should be well aware of that and recognize heroes. The Armenian and the Russian peoples' friendship is anchored on Christian values. We have common values and we should preserve them," he underscored.
Eduard Sharmazanov proposed them to organize an Armenian-Russian scientific-educational Conference dedicated to the Battle of Kursk, noting that the Chief of Marshal of Tank Troops of the Soviet Union, Hero of the Great Patriotic War Hamazasp Babajanyan was the hero of that Battle. He proposed also to discuss the issue of also organizing the exhibition in the Russian Federation with the heading Parliamentarians against Genocides dedicated to the 70th jubilee year of the adoption of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide by the UN.
In the implementation of the initiatives and the programmes the guests underlined the support of the History of the Motherland Foundation and the Russian Centre for Science and Culture in Yerevan.
The perspectives of the activation of the two peoples' political, military, educational and scientific ties were discussed. It has been noted that the further development and deepening of the bilateral relations stems from the interests of the two states.
- In Relations with Armenia Russia Proceeds from the Statements of Nikol Pashinyan: Lavrov During the meeting Zohrab Mnatsakanyan noted that the Armenian government is committed to deepening and strengthening cooperation with Russia, this remains one of the priorities, and Yerevan is determined...
- Yerevan Expects New High-Level Contacts with Russia, Mnatsakanyan According to him, Armenia intends to expend its cooperation with Russia in all fields, as well as within Eurasian Economic Union and CSTO.
- The Meeting of the Armenian Foreign Ministers to Kick Off This is the Armenian FM’s first meeting with his Russian counterpart since assuming office.
- Speaker of Parliament of Armenia Meets Qatari Counterpart in Moscow During the meeting the officials discussed issues relating to the inter-parliamentary ties, as well as the development of cooperation between the two countries in different spheres.
- Z. Mnatsakanyan and Ambassador of Russia Discussed Armenian-Russian Agenda Minister Mnatsakanyan and Ambassador Kopyrkin discussed a number of issues relating to the Armenian-Russian agenda, as well as touched upon the timetable of upcoming high-level mutual visits in the context...
Armenia, China Sign Air Communication Agreement
Russian MoD Blames Israel for Attack Which Led to Downing of Il-20 by Syria
21 Killed in Iranian Road Accident
Levon Aronian's Wife to Solo Cycle through Turkey and Iran to Armenia
Pope to Armenian Monks: Continue to Illuminate the Path to Unity
Fire on the Slopes of Mount Ararat Has Started to Quickly Spread Again
North, South Korean Leaders Kick off 3-day Summit
Armenia’s Human Rights Defender's Office Praised by European Union for "Excellent" Job
PM Receives EAEU-Member States’ Central Bank Presidents
NATO Ready to Response if Russia Carries out a Cyberattack
FM Mnatsakanyan: Armenia Remains Committed to Peaceful Settlement Process of NK Conflict
My Deal or No Deal: Theresa May
Armenia to Carry out Inspections in Turkish Sites as Part of Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe (CFE)
London Mayor Calls for Another Referendum on Brexit
President of Artsakh Met with Armenian Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan
Mattis Condemns Russia for Influence-Peddling in Macedonia
Ethiopia, Eritrea Sign Agreement in Saudi Arabia
Trump to Annouce Tariffs on $200 Billion in Chinese Goods
The Interview of the Suspected Made Scripal Case Even More Complicated
Right After Pashinyan's Son, Now Aliyev's Son Went to the Army (Photos)
Belgian King and His Family Are on Vacation in Armenia
Pashinyan: Karabakh Should Become a Part of Armenia
Erdogan Wants to Build a Seljuk Style Presidential Palace on Shores of Lake Van
Angela Merkel Arrived in Armenia
Armenian-Chinese Friendship School Opens in Yerevan
Dan Bilzerian Registers in the Armenian Armed Forces
Merkel Left Azerbaijan with ''Armenian Flags''
US Announces Death of ISIS Leader in Afghanistan
Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross
Berlin Regrets Azerbaijan's Decision to Ban German Parliamentarian from Entering the Country Due to His Visit to Karabakh
Wind: 11.27 km/h