Australian Parliament to Debate Armenian Genocide for First Time
Australia’s House of Representatives will debate, for the first time, a Motion to recognise the Armenian Genocide through the prism of Australia’s first major international humanitarian relief effort on Monday 25th June, 2018, the Armenian National Committee of Australia (ANC-AU) reports.
The Motion, which is being moved by Trent Zimmerman (MP for North Sydney) and seconded by John Alexander (MP for Bennelong), proposes Australia recognises, among other things, “the extraordinary humanitarian efforts of the then newly formed Commonwealth of Australia for the orphans and other survivors of the Armenian Genocide, as well as the other Christian minorities of the Ottoman Empire including Greeks and Assyrians”.
The Motion has been supported by Members of the Coalition government as well as the Australian Labor Party, led by the Co-Chairs of the Australia-Armenia Inter-Parliamentary Union Friendship Group Co-Chairs, Zimmerman (LIB) and Joel Fitzgibbon (ALP - MP for Hunter).
ANC-AU Executive Director, Haig Kayserian explained that Armenian-Australians were hoping the debate will portray a favourable reflection of the will of Australia to “recognise an important and proud chapter in Australia’s history that has been kept under wraps for too long due to a foreign dictatorship’s gag order on the Government’s accurate characterisation of Armenian Genocide”.
- Syrian Parliament to Vote on a Resolution Recognizing the Armenian Genocide Today’s vote by the Syrian parliament comes amid escalating tensions between Turkish and Syrian forces in Idlib governorate, eastern Syria.
- Canadian Armenian Genocide Survivor Eugenie Papazian Passes Away at Age 105 Eugenie Papazian was born in Turkey, in the Ionia district of Samsun by the Black Sea in 1915. She never knew her parents. Her father was taken to the army in 1915 and did not return home, while her mother...
- Cher Reacts to Senate Armenian Genocide Resolution "Oh, my God, unanimous passage of the US Senate Resolution recognizing the Armenian Genocide," Cher tweeted. "God bless fellow Armenians all over the world."
- Armenian FM Calls US Senate Resolution 150 a Decisive Step in Serving Justice We are overwhelmed with appreciation.
- US Senate’s Resolution is the Victory of Justice and Truth – PM Pashinyan This is tribute to the memory of 1.5 million victims of the first Genocide of the 20th century and bold step in promotion of the prevention agenda.
Initiative to Commemorate Armenian Genocide Victims Memory Registered in Ukrainian Parliament
Trump: Cases Stemming from Mueller Probe Should Be 'Thrown Out'
Andrzej Kasprzyk Takes Actions Stemming from His Mandate: OSCE (Tert.am)
Dubai Crown Prince Has Posted a Video which Shows a Pilot Flying an Iron Man-Like Jet Pack '5,000ft above the Ground at 150mph'
Armenia Defense Minister Receives EU Special Representative-Led Delegation
Incumbent Ghani Confirmed Winner of Afghan Presidential Poll After Five-Month Delay
"Citizens Should be Convinced that the Government Does Not Embezzle in State Funds" - Tax Reform Concept Discussed in Government
Haftar-Led Libyan National Army Says It Destroyed a Turkish Vessel With Weapons in Port of Tripoli
Parliament Speaker Says Georgia Moving forward, Opposition Interrupts with USSR Anthem
EU to Give Turkey More Time to Avoid Tax Blacklisting
Turkish Army Sent 300 Military Vehicles To Idlib
Zelensky Calls Extra NSDC Meeting On Situation In Donbas
Chief of General Staff of the Armenian Armed Forces Not Going to Resign
Armen Sarkissian Sent a Congratulatory Message to the President of Moldova on the Occasion of his Birth Anniversary
Bako Sahakyan Received Minister of High-Tech Industry of the Republic of Armenia Hakob Arshakyan
The Number Of Victims Of Coronavirus Reached 1,874
First 10 Names Of The "No" Initiative Group Is Announced
"We are One Family" – PM on Military and Society
Armenia’s High Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs Meets Cilicia Business Club Members in Moscow
Feast of St. Ghevond the Priest and His Companions
Garo Paylan Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize: Organizations Can Join the Initiative and Give Their Vote to Him
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
For the First Time Ever Istanbul's Mayor Issues a Condolence Note on the Day of the Assassination of Hrant Dink
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
FIDE Bans Organizer of Turkish Tournament who Asked Armenian Delegate to Cancel Participation: Maria Gevorgyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
"Yerevan-2800" Silver Collector Coin Takes 3rd Place
Wind: 4 km/h