Australian Parliament to Debate Armenian Genocide for First Time
Australia’s House of Representatives will debate, for the first time, a Motion to recognise the Armenian Genocide through the prism of Australia’s first major international humanitarian relief effort on Monday 25th June, 2018, the Armenian National Committee of Australia (ANC-AU) reports.
The Motion, which is being moved by Trent Zimmerman (MP for North Sydney) and seconded by John Alexander (MP for Bennelong), proposes Australia recognises, among other things, “the extraordinary humanitarian efforts of the then newly formed Commonwealth of Australia for the orphans and other survivors of the Armenian Genocide, as well as the other Christian minorities of the Ottoman Empire including Greeks and Assyrians”.
The Motion has been supported by Members of the Coalition government as well as the Australian Labor Party, led by the Co-Chairs of the Australia-Armenia Inter-Parliamentary Union Friendship Group Co-Chairs, Zimmerman (LIB) and Joel Fitzgibbon (ALP - MP for Hunter).
ANC-AU Executive Director, Haig Kayserian explained that Armenian-Australians were hoping the debate will portray a favourable reflection of the will of Australia to “recognise an important and proud chapter in Australia’s history that has been kept under wraps for too long due to a foreign dictatorship’s gag order on the Government’s accurate characterisation of Armenian Genocide”.
- Erdogan Instructs to Set Up an Independent Body to Fight against the Recognition of Armenian Genocide It was noted that a number of Turkish ministries were participating in the fight against Armenian Genocide recognition, but no single policy was developed in this regard.
- Syrian Parliament to Vote on a Resolution Recognizing the Armenian Genocide Today’s vote by the Syrian parliament comes amid escalating tensions between Turkish and Syrian forces in Idlib governorate, eastern Syria.
- Canadian Armenian Genocide Survivor Eugenie Papazian Passes Away at Age 105 Eugenie Papazian was born in Turkey, in the Ionia district of Samsun by the Black Sea in 1915. She never knew her parents. Her father was taken to the army in 1915 and did not return home, while her mother...
- Cher Reacts to Senate Armenian Genocide Resolution "Oh, my God, unanimous passage of the US Senate Resolution recognizing the Armenian Genocide," Cher tweeted. "God bless fellow Armenians all over the world."
- Armenian FM Calls US Senate Resolution 150 a Decisive Step in Serving Justice We are overwhelmed with appreciation.
Macron Criticises Turkey's 'Warlike' Rhetoric on Nagorno-Karabakh
PM Nikol Pashinyan Interviewed by Russian Media Representatives
“We Must Use All Means to Defend Ourselves” - Nikol Pashinyan Told The Washington Post
The Provocative Actions of the Turkish Armed Forces Hinder the Efforts of the International Community to Cease the Hostilities: Armenia's MFA
Armenia is Not Considering Deployment of Peacekeepers in Karabakh
Armenia Records 49901 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Armenia not Planning to Apply to CSTO Regarding Situation in Nagorno Karabakh: Armenia's PM
Pashinyan: Possibility of Moscow’s Military Interference Not Discussed With Putin
At Night two UAVs of the Opponent was Shot in the Air of Stepanakert
Turkey's Significant Role in the Crimes Committed by Azerbaijan Against the People of Artsakh is Well-Documented and Beyond any Doubt: Artsakh MFA
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Vladimir Putin
Azerbaijan Is Expanding Geography of Hostilities to Territory of Armenia with Active Support of Turkey: Pashinyan
Turkish F-16 Shoots Down Armenian Jet in Armenian Airspace
Erdogan and Turkey Have Been the Most Destabilizing Factor in This Entire Situation: Armenia's FM
Adversary Targets Vardenis, Mets Masrik Community and other Town in Armenia's Gegharkunik Region
In the past three hours the enemy has lost 12 tanks: Shushan Stepanyan
Tehran: Iran, Russia and Turkey Can Help Baku and Yerevan Find Peaceful Solution
Artak Beglaryan Met with the Head of ICRC Mission in Nagorno-Karabakh Bertrand Lamon
CSTO on Standby Awaiting Armenia’s Request Regarding Azeri Bombardment of Towns
Armenian-Americans Rally in Glendale in Protest of Azeri Attacks
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Ancient Armenian Fortress Surfaces from under Lake Van
Artsakh Women Participate in 1-Week Combat Preparedness Training at Initiative of Armenian PM’s Wife (PHOTOS)
Artsakh Republic President Approved the New Composition of the Security Council of the Country
ICRC Representatives Visited Armenian Captives In Azerbaijan
Azerbaijani Side Launches New Fortification Works on the Border, Armenian Side Suspends such Activities
Armenia, Artsakh ex-President Kocharyan: Nagorno-Karabakh Republic Has Never Been Part of Independent Azerbaijan
Armenia Records 47877 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Nikol Pashinyan On UN 75th Anniversary: "Rejection of the right to self-determination could only lead to oppression and further violence"
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Invited the Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan to Meet Individually
Wind: 6 km/h