Australian Parliament to Debate Armenian Genocide for First Time
Australia’s House of Representatives will debate, for the first time, a Motion to recognise the Armenian Genocide through the prism of Australia’s first major international humanitarian relief effort on Monday 25th June, 2018, the Armenian National Committee of Australia (ANC-AU) reports.
The Motion, which is being moved by Trent Zimmerman (MP for North Sydney) and seconded by John Alexander (MP for Bennelong), proposes Australia recognises, among other things, “the extraordinary humanitarian efforts of the then newly formed Commonwealth of Australia for the orphans and other survivors of the Armenian Genocide, as well as the other Christian minorities of the Ottoman Empire including Greeks and Assyrians”.
The Motion has been supported by Members of the Coalition government as well as the Australian Labor Party, led by the Co-Chairs of the Australia-Armenia Inter-Parliamentary Union Friendship Group Co-Chairs, Zimmerman (LIB) and Joel Fitzgibbon (ALP - MP for Hunter).
ANC-AU Executive Director, Haig Kayserian explained that Armenian-Australians were hoping the debate will portray a favourable reflection of the will of Australia to “recognise an important and proud chapter in Australia’s history that has been kept under wraps for too long due to a foreign dictatorship’s gag order on the Government’s accurate characterisation of Armenian Genocide”.
- Syrian Parliament to Vote on a Resolution Recognizing the Armenian Genocide Today’s vote by the Syrian parliament comes amid escalating tensions between Turkish and Syrian forces in Idlib governorate, eastern Syria.
- Canadian Armenian Genocide Survivor Eugenie Papazian Passes Away at Age 105 Eugenie Papazian was born in Turkey, in the Ionia district of Samsun by the Black Sea in 1915. She never knew her parents. Her father was taken to the army in 1915 and did not return home, while her mother...
- Cher Reacts to Senate Armenian Genocide Resolution "Oh, my God, unanimous passage of the US Senate Resolution recognizing the Armenian Genocide," Cher tweeted. "God bless fellow Armenians all over the world."
- Armenian FM Calls US Senate Resolution 150 a Decisive Step in Serving Justice We are overwhelmed with appreciation.
- US Senate’s Resolution is the Victory of Justice and Truth – PM Pashinyan This is tribute to the memory of 1.5 million victims of the first Genocide of the 20th century and bold step in promotion of the prevention agenda.
PM Introduced to Investment Support Center’s Activities
Armenian-Azerbaijani Top-Level Meetings on Karabakh 'Signal Positive Developments': Miroslav Lajčák
Ararat Mirzoyan Receives President of Parliament of Republic of Moldova Arrived in Armenia on an Official Visit
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Estonia’s Prime Minister on Independence Day
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Departs For Geneva
Government Decides to Close Land Border and Communication with Iran, with Some Exceptions
Bako Sahakyan Chairs Working Consultation in Askeran Regional Center
Anti-Trust Regulator Calls on Businesses to Refrain from Increasing Medical Protective Mask Prices
Jalal Haroutyunyan Appointed Defense Minister, Commander of the Defense Army
Azerbaijan's Reports on Sabotage are Total Disinformation and "Fairytales"- Artsrun Hovhannisyan
MFA: 35 Armenia Citizens Applied to Tehran Embassy Due to Spread of Coronavirus in Iran
Armenian FM says Artsakh People’s Right to Self-Determination was, Remains on Settlement Agenda
Iran Coronavirus Death Toll Reaches 12
We do Not Have Any Coronavirus Infection Case in Armenia- Pashinyan
Slovakia FM Visits Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan
Roads in Armenia are Mainly Passable
Azerbaijan Opened Fire In The Direction Of Armenianian Positions
Slovakia Remains Very Important Partner of Armenia – Zohrab Mnatsakanyan
About the Great Lent
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
Armenian Human Rights Activist Was Searched Naked in Turkey (video)
Wind: 6 km/h