Wall Street Journal: Biden Intends to Recognize Armenian Genocide
President Joe Biden is poised to formally declare that the massacres of Armenians in the early 20th century constituted genocide, US officials said, a rare step that would further inflame ties with Turkey, The Wall Street Journal reported.
Biden is expected to describe as genocide the deportation, starvation, and massacres of Armenians at the hands of the Ottoman Turks beginning in 1915, the officials said.
The language would come as part of an annual statement coinciding with a day of remembrance on Saturday. Officials added no final decisions or briefings have taken place and that Biden could opt to issue the symbolic statement without describing the killings as genocide, as have other presidents.
The Turkish embassy in Washington has not yet commented on the matter, News.am reports.
- Australia MP Joins Demand for Armenian Genocide Recognition A former Mayor of the Bega Valley Shire, McBain entered Federal Parliament in 2020 after winning a by-election. A lawyer by training, Kristy McBain becomes the newest member of the Joint Justice Initiative.
- Quebec National Assembly Unanimously Passes Resolution on 106th Anniversary of Armenian Genocide The resolution marks the 106th anniversary of the atrocities that took the lives of 1.5 million Armenian men, women and children.
- Armenian Churches’ Bells to Ring Friday Night in Memory of Genocide Victims The bells of all the temples of the Armenian Church will ring on Friday at 11pm, in memory of the holy martyrs of the Armenian Genocide.
- Los Angeles Declares April as Armenian History Month One of the motions recognizes April 24 as the Day of Remembrance in solemn recognition of the Armenian Genocide, and the second declares April as Armenian History Month.
- Armenian Genocide Commemoration Events Launch in Ukraine On the sidelines of the commemoration events, an online lecture will be held on April 24 about the Armenian Genocide, the crime against humanity and civilization.
Meeting of Ararat Mirzoyan and Enrique Mora
A consultation on tax potential assessment held at Government
Russian MFA responds to the decision of the EU to deploy a new observation mission in Armenia
Armenia’s citizens to visit United Arab Emirates without visa
Wizz Air to start operating flights on several new routes
Gas supply to be restored in Stepanakert, but cut in the regions
Kremlin rules out any talks between Zelensky, Putin
The Secretary of the Security Council Had a Telephone Conversation with Kestutis Budrys
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Artsakh believes that "international anti-terrorist cooperation" must be considered to save blockaded 120,000 population
We Should Break Up with This Chain of Unworthy Compromises and Double Standards: Armen Gevorgyan's speech at PACE
New U.S. Ambassador to Russia, Lynne Tracy, arrives in Moscow
Azerbaijan leader attempts to assure France envoy that there is no blockade of Karabakh
First ever high-level EU-Armenia Political and Security Dialogue is taking place in Yerevan
Involvement of US, collective West in conflict in Ukraine grows: Kremlin
Vahagn Khachaturyan sent a congratulatory message to the Governor-General of Australia David Hurley
Artsakh government officials brief Canadian parliamentary committee on Azeri blockade
Efforts to focus international attention on the encroachments on the rights and security of the Armenians of Nagorno-Karabakh should be continued: Pashinyan
Alen Simonyan Meets with President of Football Association of Qatar
The First TUMO Center in Portugal to Open in 2023
Merkel’s, Hollande’s remarks on Minsk Accords signify betrayal: Russian top senator
NATO Secretary General says West should prepare for protracted conflict in Ukraine
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
In the new year and coming years my only wish and counsel to our people is STRUGGLE: Serzh Sargsyan
Retired Pope Benedict XVI dies
Russian Foreign Ministry expresses concern over lack of progress in restoring Lachin corridor
People of Artsakh stand before the problem of realizing the right to life: Artsakh National Assembly President
Stranded citizens of Artsakh to spend New Year’s Eve honoring fallen troops at Yerablur cemetery in Yerevan
Garo Paylan urges Erdogan to take responsibility for ending the blockade of Nagorno- Karabakh
Iranian ambassador to Azerbaijan leaves for consultations at home
Wind: 0.51 km/h