Moscow Should Comment on the Russian Officials' Visit to Leletepe
The participation of several Russian experts, a member of the State Duma and a member of the Public Chamber at a conference entitled "Azerbaijan is Russia's only ally in the South Caucasus" raises some questions. Not only the conference name is problematic, but the venue itself (the conference was held on the territory that was transferred to Azerbaijan as a result of the April war in 2016). Even more alarming is the visit of the conference participants to the height of Lele-Tepe and their meeting with Azerbaijani soldiers.
It is more than obvious what goals Azerbaijan pursued by organizing this action: to legitimize the return of territories by military means, while using the representatives of the country co-chairing the OSCE Minsk Group and Armenia's strategic ally, to show how well Azerbaijan "takes care" of these territories and use all this in information war against Armenia and Artsakh. It should not be forgotten that it was Azerbaijan that provoked war in 2016, violated the ceasefire agreement of 1994 and inflicted quite a significant blow to the reputation of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs whose mediation efforts are extremely important not only in terms of advancing negotiations but also preventing the resumption of hostilities. In this case, the visit of these territories by Russian officials can be perceived as the approval of the actions of Azerbaijan, which violated all this. Moreover, by these actions the Azerbaijani authorities are trying to give some signals to their society, in particular, using the visit of several Russian figures, who in some way formally do not express Russia's official policy, they are trying to show that Russia approves the armed way of resolving territorial issues and that with a possible new war Azerbaijan "will enjoy Moscow's support."
Another question is what goals the Russian side pursued. Naturally, this was not an official visit and these experts and the deputy do not express Russia's official position and the mood of the Russian society. But at the same time, considering the Russian political culture, it would be naive to assume that the relevant authorities were not, at least, informed about this visit of the State Duma deputy. Therefore, this visit contained certain signals directed to the Armenian authorities ...
In this situation, the primary task of the Armenian authorities and the foreign policy department is to raise this issue when communicating with Russian colleagues and receive official comments from Moscow. On the other hand, everything should be done so that the lovers of such trips are aware that regardless of their status and the nature of the visits, with the possible resumption of the war in the future, they will also be responsible for the bloodshed of all sides of the conflict.
- Artsakh Reports More Azerbaijani Ceasefire Violations Over Past Week As the ministry said, the Defense Army’s frontline troops strictly adhere to the ceasefire regime, confidently continuing their military vigil.
- MFA of Artsakh: John Bolton’s Expectations For The Azerbaijan-Karabakh Conflict Settlement Are Not Realistic John Bolton’s expectations for the Azerbaijan-Karabakh conflict settlement are not realistic for various reasons, said Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh Masis Mayilian in the interview...
- OSCE Mission Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border Passed in Accordance with the Agreed Schedule From the opposite side of the border, the monitoring was conducted by Field Assistant to the Personal Representative of the OSCE CiO Mihail Olaru (Moldova) and Personal Assistant to the CiO Personal Representative...
- Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office The sides discussed the current situation on the Line of Contact between the armed forces of Artsakh and Azerbaijan.
- President of Artsakh Observes Process of Tactical Maneuvers Involving Troops of Defense Army's Central Military Region On the same day the Head of the State visited the Mets Shen village of the Martakert region, met with the residents and talked on site over the existing problems and ways of solving them.
Bako Sahakyan Met In Los Angeles With Armenian Philanthropists
Trump Says Report on Khashoggi Death Expected in a Few Days
200 Injured During Paris Protests
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway Is Closed
Saudi Crown Prince Is Blamed For The Assassination Of Khashoggi
Artsakh Reports More Azerbaijani Ceasefire Violations Over Past Week
Armenian President, Italian Global Leading Aerospace, Defense Company CEO Discuss Opportunities for Cooperation
Sasna Tsrer Party Conducting Automobile Race to Karabakh
UEFA Nations League: Armenia Beats Gibraltar 6:2
Armenia Acting PM to Demand Explanations from Belarus, Kazakhstan Presidents
Bako Sahakyan arrives in U.S. on working visit
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Vladimir Putin
Nikol Pashinyan Visited Military Base (photos)
France Prepares Transport and Customs Measures in Case of No-Brexit Deal
Chinese Premier: China Ready to Boost Trade With Russia
Armenia Ombudsman Prepares Special Report on Shooting towards Armenian Border Villages by Azerbaijani Side
Special Task Force to be Set Up To Deal with Possible Violations during Snap parliamentary Elections
California Wildfire Death Toll Grows with Hundreds Missing
Brexit: I am Going to See This Through, Says Theresa May
President of Artsakh Met co-Chairs of Coordinating Council of Armenian Organizations of France in Paris
Azerbaijan Wants to Return Askerov and Guliyev to Make them Heroes as it Happened with Safarov - Babayan
Nikol Pashinyan’s Working Visit to Lebanon Kicks off - Acting Armenian PM, Lebanese President Meet in Beirut
Artsakh: Congratulatory Address to Catholicos of the Holy See of Cilicia Aram I on the 50th Anniversary of Ordination to Priesthood
A Snake Slithering out of Israel's Western Wall is Being Regarded as a Third Sign that the End of the World is Nigh
President of Artsakh Holds Working Consultation with Chairmen of Parliamentary Standing Committees and Heads of Factions
Genadi Tavaratsyan Has Been Appointed As Head of the National Defense Research University of the Defense Ministry
Nikol Pashinyan: "We are a Country That has its Unique Place on the Global Map of Information Technology"
President Anticipates Active Participation of the International Financial Institutions to the Implementation of Different Programs in our Country
Declaration of Friendship Signed between Shekher Community of Artsakh and Arnouville Community of France
Would-be Suicide Bomber Called 911 to Notify About Intentions Before Attempting to Enter Government HQ
Wind: 8.05 km/h