Syria Army Captures More Key Points in Sweida Battle against ISIL
The army soldiers battled against ISIL East of the village of al-Saqiyeh in Northeastern Sweida and captured several key areas near Taloul al-Safa region.
Other units of the army fought against ISIL East of the village of al-Sabaki and freed more areas.
In the meantime, the army's artillery and missile units and aircraft pounded ISIL's positions and movements in Araz al-Kara'a, al-Khatib Farms, Sanim al-Qaraz, East of al-Dayatha, Rabat al-Hossan and Tal Razin that is located 15 to 30 km away from villages in Eastern and Northeastern Sweida, destroying several vehicles, military hardware and killing a number of terrorists.
Also, field sources reported that army forces managed to advance against ISIL in Eastern and Northeastern Badiyeh of Sweida, capturing several positions and hills.
On Monday, the army soldiers, backed up by the artillery and missile units and Air Force, engaged in tough battle with the ISIL and advanced towards al-Dayathah region 3km in the depth of Badiyeh.
Other units of the army advanced against ISIL in al-Kara'a and Deko hills and captured several areas.
In the meantime, the artillery and missile units pounded ISIL's strongholds in Tal Sanim, Barak al-Tamthounah and Satah Namlah region in Eastern Badiyeh, inflicting major casualties on the terrorists.
The ISIL terrorists further retreated towards unleveled areas in Badiyeh of Sweida after the army's rapid advances toward Taloul al-Safa.
Other units of the army managed to capture several hills and residential areas, including Tal Basir near the small towns of al-Kasib and Tarba in Eastern Sweida and Tal al-Razin, Qabasha region, South of the town of al-Malah and outskirts of the town of Sha'af.
- Next Group of Armenian Specialists Leaves for Syria Next group from Armenia consisting of humanitarian de-miners, doctors and specialists ensuring their security has arrived in Aleppo, Syria on June 4.
- Syrian Troops Continue Push Into Jihadist Stronghold of Idlib Syrian troops captured the town of Qalaat al-Madiq on Thursday as they continued a push into a remaining rebel-held enclave located in Idlib province. The UN Security Council will hold a closed-door meeting...
- Why Iran Supports Turkey, Or the Regional Puzzle in Syria Interestingly, Iran joined this operation: this is the first Turkish-Iranian joint operation against the PKK. Turkey announced a joint operation with Iran against the PKK on the eve of the general elections...
- Withdrawal Of US Forces In Syria May Begin In "Weeks" Gen. Joseph Votel, the head of U.S. Central Command, temporarily moved additional security and logistics forces into Syria to prepare for the eventual withdrawal of the more than 2,000 American troops...
- Armenian Specialists Have Arrived in Syria The group consists of 83 members, among them de-mining specialists and doctors.
France Closing Dozens of Schools Because of a Heatwave
Georgian Deputy PM to Visit Armenia
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Georgian Citizen of Armenian Origin Injured in Tbilisi Clashes
Egypt Says 7 Policemen Killed in Sinai Jihadist Attack
Awarding Ceremony in Connection With the 95th Anniversary of Formation of the Statistics System of Artsakh
Pompeo Meets Indian Leader Amid Trade Tensions
ANCA Welcomes Introduction of Sherman Amendment on Azerbaijan’s Threats to Shoot Down Civilian Aircraft
Macron Speaks to Rouhani to Try to Ease Mideast Tension
Arshavir Gharamyan Appointed Secretary of the Artsakh Republic Security Council
Brazil's Supreme Court Rejects Request to Free Ex-President Lula
U.S. Aims to Restart China Trade Talks, Will Not Accept Conditions on Tariff Use
Iraqi President Says will not Let US Attack Iran from His Territory
Stephanie Grisham to Replace Sarah Sanders As White House Press Secretary
North Korea Lashes Out at US 'Hostile Acts' As Trump Heads to Asia
Iran Foreign Minister Accuses US’ Bolton of Plotting For War
Pashinyan's Wife Attends Grand Opening of 2019 Fashion Forum Yerevan
San Francisco Becomes First US City to Ban e-Cigarettes
Trump Threatens 'Obliteration,' Iran Calls White House 'Mentally Retarded'
Armenian President, Kaspersky Lab’s CEO Discuss Cooperation Issues in Zurich
"Any Armenian Living Outside the Homeland Should Realize That Their Ultimate Goal is to Return to Armenia": Nikol Pashinyan (PHOTOS)
Giacomo Luigi Ciamician, Armenian Chemist, the Pioneer of Solar Energy Idea
Kosovo's Threats to Join Albania Raise Opportunities For Armenia and Artsakh
Trump’s New Immigration Plan’s Threats to Armenia
Karabakh: "Coercion to Peace" Gaining Ground Again
Artsakh Should Be Fully Involved in the Humanitarian Events: Expert
There is No Religion For Food, All Are Human Beings
What is the "Summit of Minds"
MFA Statement on the Scheduled Meeting of Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan in Washington D.C.
Wind: 8 km/h