Current Situation of Iranian Economy Can Be Seen As an Opportunity in the Context of Extending Armenian-Iranian Economic Relations
The news of the restoration of the US sanctions against neighboring Iran caused a serious anxiety in the country, and it is conditioned by very objective reasons.
The matter is that the use of US sanctions will dramatically decrease the circulation of American currency in Iran, which will result in the Iranian "Riyal" devaluation. This is the result of the Iranian economy's peculiarity. The currency market has always been under control, depriving itself of self-regulatory mechanisms.
As a result, the market requires interference, which is actually done. The Iranian authorities have facilitated the purchase of riyals. In essence, this step will result in short-term effects, not allowing sharp devaluation of their currency, but additional actions are needed for a longer period, as there are no alternatives to the system's operation, in other words, liberalized riyals will not yield results, because there is no sustainability mechanism.
Another negative feature of the Iranian economy is the expected outcome of Trump's well-known statement ''Who works with Iran, will not work with the US''. In the trade relations, Iran has always been distinguished with its super protective policy.
However the authorities of the neighboring country cannot rule out the possibility of revising their policies to provide economic activity due to the representation of a smaller scale of foreign capital. And despite growing public discontent in Iran, probably, the Iranian capital will pull out of a number of regional projects, and for Armenia it can be a good opportunity for the activation of the FEZ (free economic zone).
That is where the Armenian authorities should use a competent policy and remind the neighbours of the benefits of cooperating more active with Armenia at the same time without harming Western counterparts.
- Armenia President Personally Invited to Attend Davos World Economic Forum According to her, Capital Finance International published an interview with Armen Sarkissian on the World Economic Forum in Davos.
- Mark Zuckerberg Named Forbes Biggest Billionaire Losers of 2018 The biggest loser in the world was Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, who had a terrible year amid internal scandals and damaging publicity. He was the only American among the ten biggest billionaire losers,...
- China Hopes for ''Orderly'' Brexit, Calls for More Open EU Economy “China hopes to see Brexit proceed in an orderly fashion and stands ready to advance China-EU and China-UK relations in parallel,” the ministry said in a lengthy policy document on EU ties.
- Qatar to Withdraw from OPEC “Qatar has decided to withdraw its membership form OPEC effective January 2019 and this decision was communicated to OPEC this morning,” Reuters quoted him as saying at a news conference.
- Trade Deal Possible at G20 but Chinese Paper Says U.S. Must be 'Fair Minded' “Beijing wants a deal, just as Washington does. And it is willing to cooperate with Washington in dealing with concerns about trade if they are fair-minded,” the paper said.
- Iran Foreign Minister Condemns US Imprisonment of Press TV Anchor Press TV has learned that she was transferred by the FBI to a detention facility in Washington, DC. The US officials have so far refused to provide any reasons for her apprehension either to her or her...
- EU Agrees Sanctions Against Iran's Intelligence Agency The plot was carried out by a Norwegian citizen of Iranian background, who had ties to Iran's intelligence agency, and planned to assassinate an Iranian-Arab opposition activist in Denmark, officials claimed.
- UN Security Council to Meet on Iran Missile Test For its part, Iran said Sunday it would continue missile tests to build up its defences and denied it was in breach of UN resolutions.
- At Least 500 Injured as Major Earthquake Strikes Iran Officials reported damage at buildings both in town and in rural Kermanshah, as well as to some roadways. The temblor also downed power lines and caused power outages into the night as temperatures hovered...
- Iran Warns US Bases, Aircraft Carriers in Missile Range Hajizadeh said the Guards had improved the precision of their missiles, and specifically said they could hit the Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar, Al Dhafra base in the United Arab Emirates and Kandahar base...
The Criminal Case Against Azerbaijani Blogger Was Terminated
Report: 73% of Germans Support the Construction of the Nord Stream - 2
Bako Sahakyan expresses Gratitude to Jean-Michel Ekherian for Implementing Healthcare Projects in Artsakh
Minister Nikol Pashinyan Will Travel to Moscow on January 25
Mevlut Chavushoghlu: With Karabakh Conflict Unresolved, Normalization of Ties with Armenia Impossible
Macron Vows to Continue Reforms Despite Protests
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Erdogan: Turkey won’t Let Syria Safe Zone be Turned into "Swamp"
Artsakh Republic Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Received the ARFD "Hai Dat" Delegation
"If You are Ready to Make Your Move, Come to Armenia, Get Rich and Enrich" – Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Swiss Businessmen in Zurich
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to Swedish PM
Nikol Pashinyan Meets Businessmen in Zurich to Discuss Investment Projects for Armenia
PACE Elects its Vice-Presidents
President of Belarus: Armenia Remains a Reliable Partner for Belarus
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
UK Ratifies EU-Armenia Agreement
"I Feel Like I'm an Honorary Armenian": Serena Williams Starts Learning Armenian
Italian Deputy PM Calls on EU to Sanction France
Israeli Military Strikes Iranian Targets in Syria
May to Focus on Irish Backstop in her Brexit 'Pan B'
Congratulatory Address by Acting Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan on New Year and Christmas Holidays (VIDEO)
Erdogan Officially Declared 2019 as the Year of Armenian Portasar
His Holiness Karekin II Catholicos of All Armenians Sends a Message on the Occasion of the Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Artsakh Republic President Addressed Congratulatory Message on the Occasion of New Year and Christmas Holidays
Pompeo: US Withdrawal from Syria doesn't Change Mission to Destroy ISIS and Stop Iran's Influence in the Mideast
President Armen Sarkissian Met with the Minister of State of the United Arab Emirates Sultan Al Jaber
Eve of Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Candlelight (Lucernarium) Divine Liturgy
'For the Sake of Armenia': Saghatelyan, Bekaryan, Hakobyan and Farmanyan Have Established a Media Company
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Discussed Issues on the Activities of The HALO Trust in Humanitarian Demining
Father Ghevond Mayilyan: Christ Left the Heavens and Descended into the Earth for Us, Bringing Salvation and Life