Current Situation of Iranian Economy Can Be Seen As an Opportunity in the Context of Extending Armenian-Iranian Economic Relations
The news of the restoration of the US sanctions against neighboring Iran caused a serious anxiety in the country, and it is conditioned by very objective reasons.
The matter is that the use of US sanctions will dramatically decrease the circulation of American currency in Iran, which will result in the Iranian "Riyal" devaluation. This is the result of the Iranian economy's peculiarity. The currency market has always been under control, depriving itself of self-regulatory mechanisms.
As a result, the market requires interference, which is actually done. The Iranian authorities have facilitated the purchase of riyals. In essence, this step will result in short-term effects, not allowing sharp devaluation of their currency, but additional actions are needed for a longer period, as there are no alternatives to the system's operation, in other words, liberalized riyals will not yield results, because there is no sustainability mechanism.
Another negative feature of the Iranian economy is the expected outcome of Trump's well-known statement ''Who works with Iran, will not work with the US''. In the trade relations, Iran has always been distinguished with its super protective policy.
However the authorities of the neighboring country cannot rule out the possibility of revising their policies to provide economic activity due to the representation of a smaller scale of foreign capital. And despite growing public discontent in Iran, probably, the Iranian capital will pull out of a number of regional projects, and for Armenia it can be a good opportunity for the activation of the FEZ (free economic zone).
That is where the Armenian authorities should use a competent policy and remind the neighbours of the benefits of cooperating more active with Armenia at the same time without harming Western counterparts.
- EU's Juncker Expects Trump to Refrain from Imposing Higher Tariffs on Cars “Trump gave me his word that there won’t be any car tariffs for the time being. I view this commitment as something you can rely on,” Juncker told the German daily Stuttgarter Zeitung in an interview....
- China Has No Intention to Reduce US Treasury Holdings According to the official, the current tensions will not affect the interest of the Chinese government in purchasing US government debt.
- Armenia President Personally Invited to Attend Davos World Economic Forum According to her, Capital Finance International published an interview with Armen Sarkissian on the World Economic Forum in Davos.
- Mark Zuckerberg Named Forbes Biggest Billionaire Losers of 2018 The biggest loser in the world was Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, who had a terrible year amid internal scandals and damaging publicity. He was the only American among the ten biggest billionaire losers,...
- China Hopes for ''Orderly'' Brexit, Calls for More Open EU Economy “China hopes to see Brexit proceed in an orderly fashion and stands ready to advance China-EU and China-UK relations in parallel,” the ministry said in a lengthy policy document on EU ties.
- Suicide Attack in Iran Kills 41 Including Revolutionary Guards Members The deadly attack took place in the Chanali area of the Khash-Zahedan road, between the cities of Zahedan and Khash — an area not far from the border with Pakistan, where drug smuggling and military...
- Iran’s Top Leader Defends Iranian "Death to America" Chants Khamenei was referring to Trump's State of the Union address this week in which the American president, among other things, said: "We will not avert our eyes from a regime that chants death to America."
- Iran Unveils Long-Range Cruise Missile Iran unveiled a new cruise missile with a range of 1,300 km (800 miles) on Saturday, state television reported, as the Middle Eastern country displays its achievements during celebrations marking the 40th...
- Iran Foreign Minister Condemns US Imprisonment of Press TV Anchor Press TV has learned that she was transferred by the FBI to a detention facility in Washington, DC. The US officials have so far refused to provide any reasons for her apprehension either to her or her...
- EU Agrees Sanctions Against Iran's Intelligence Agency The plot was carried out by a Norwegian citizen of Iranian background, who had ties to Iran's intelligence agency, and planned to assassinate an Iranian-Arab opposition activist in Denmark, officials claimed.
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed
Artsakh Republic President Appointed Deputy Director of the National Security Service
Strategic Relations of Armenia and Russia Provide the Security Guarantee between our Countries: Sergey Kopirkin
Artsakh Republic Armed Forces Conduct Military Exercises
Nikol Pashinyan Inspects Construction of Basic School N7 in Vanadzor
The Contribution of Armenians in the Great Patriotic War
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 150 Times
U.S. Ambassador to Armenia Arrives to Yerevan Next Week
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
"We Need a Strictly Working Mechanism of Scientific Potential, Private Investment and Public Administration to Develop the Military Industrial Complex": Pashinyan
One of Last Survivors of Armenian Genocide Dies in Argentina at the Age of 106
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Ararat Mirzoyan to Leave for Moscow on 25 February
Artsakh Permanent Representative to the U.S. Held Meetings in Arizona
French Climbers Rescued from Armenian Mountain, One Pronounced Dead During Medevac
Peskov: Disagreements over CSTO New Chief’s Appointment are Being Settled
Richard Hoagland: "Lavrov Plan" on Karabakh Peace not Backed by Conflicting Sides "as yet"
Lynne M. Tracy Officially Sworn in to Serve as U.S. Ambassador to Armenia
We Are for the U.S. government to Officially Recognize the Armenian Genocide: U.S. Presidential Candidate
Elderly Man in Turkey Sentenced to Read Erdogan’s Biography for Insulting Him
"I Don't Speak Armenian, but I'm Armenian": Alain Prost - Living Legend of Formula One
"I'm Armenian, but I've Never Been in my Homeland'': Anna Der-Vartanian - First Female Master Chief Petty Officer in U.S. Navy
Serj Tankian and His Wife Provided Assistance to over 200 Needy Families in Armenia
I'm Pleasantly Surprised that Armenians Haven't Destroyed Azerbaijani and Jewish Cemeteries: Lapshin Visited Armenian Yeghegis
ANCA Suggests to Rename the Washington Street in Front of the Turkish Ambassador's Residence after Henry Morgenthau
Patrick Devedjian - Advocate of Chirac, Close Adviser of Sarkozy: Armenian, who Fight for Rights of ASALA and Monte during Court Hearings
Rhetoric around Preparing Armenian and Azerbaijani Societies for Peace Needs Transparency to Make Way for "Informed Judgements"
Turkey Recalled that Venezuela Recognized the Armenian Genocide in 2005
''Knight of Cilicia'': Aram Karamanukyan – One of the Founders of Syrian Armed Forces
Wind: 5 km/h