Current Situation of Iranian Economy Can Be Seen As an Opportunity in the Context of Extending Armenian-Iranian Economic Relations
The news of the restoration of the US sanctions against neighboring Iran caused a serious anxiety in the country, and it is conditioned by very objective reasons.
The matter is that the use of US sanctions will dramatically decrease the circulation of American currency in Iran, which will result in the Iranian "Riyal" devaluation. This is the result of the Iranian economy's peculiarity. The currency market has always been under control, depriving itself of self-regulatory mechanisms.
As a result, the market requires interference, which is actually done. The Iranian authorities have facilitated the purchase of riyals. In essence, this step will result in short-term effects, not allowing sharp devaluation of their currency, but additional actions are needed for a longer period, as there are no alternatives to the system's operation, in other words, liberalized riyals will not yield results, because there is no sustainability mechanism.
Another negative feature of the Iranian economy is the expected outcome of Trump's well-known statement ''Who works with Iran, will not work with the US''. In the trade relations, Iran has always been distinguished with its super protective policy.
However the authorities of the neighboring country cannot rule out the possibility of revising their policies to provide economic activity due to the representation of a smaller scale of foreign capital. And despite growing public discontent in Iran, probably, the Iranian capital will pull out of a number of regional projects, and for Armenia it can be a good opportunity for the activation of the FEZ (free economic zone).
That is where the Armenian authorities should use a competent policy and remind the neighbours of the benefits of cooperating more active with Armenia at the same time without harming Western counterparts.
- US-China Currency War Will Affect All the Developing Economies The consequences of these mutual trade operations are not just the concern of these two economies, and it is explained not only by the fact that they are superpowers, but also by measures taken as a result...
- China Says U.S. Pressure will not Impact Trade Talks Speaking on the sidelines of a meeting with Southeast Asian foreign ministers, Wang said pressure from the United States would not have any impact on any trade negotiations.
- China Imposes Retaliatory Duties on 800 Goods from US According to the US Customs and Border Service, the United States on July 6, introduced the first installment of 25% import duties for 818 items of Chinese goods for the total amount of $34 bln.
- US-China Trade War Has Started Trump carries out promises made during his election campaign, the core of which is the ideology of the American interests. Following the election, the same taxation policy was applied to American companies...
- Oil Prices Drop as Iran Signals Support for Opec Output Rise Brent crude futures were at $74.51 per barrel at 0152 GMT, down 23 cents, or 0.3 percent, from their last close.
- Russia, Iran, Others Sign Deal on Caspian Sea's Legal Status The leaders of the five countries who gathered in the Kazakh port city of Aktau to sign the document provided no details of the agreement in their speeches before the signing.
- Trump About Iran Sanctions The Iran sanctions have officially been cast. These are the most biting sanctions ever imposed, and in November they ratchet up to yet another level.
- Iran files Suit in International Court against U.S. over Sanctions A State Department official said the application was without merit and the United States would fight it in the court.
- Nikol Pashinyan Discusses Expansion of Armenian-Iranian Economic Ties with Reza Ardakanian Reza Ardakanian conveyed Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s message to Armenia’s Prime Minister and the invitation to visit Iran. The IRI Minister of Energy highlighted the prospects for cooperation...
- Iran Disappointed by What Europe Offers to Offset US Exit from Nuclear Deal What Europe has so far offered Iran to make up for the economic damage inflicted on the country by the US withdrawal from the deal in May is insufficient, Rouhani told Merkel, calling the European proposal...
Putin: It is Extremely Important to Preserve Iranian Nuclear Deal
EU: There is a Lot of Potential to Further Increase Usage of GSP+ with Armenia
U.S. Government Trying to Force Facebook to Break Encryption
Erdogan Reelected as Chairman of Justice and Development Party
Merkel and Putin Discuss Ukraine, Nord Stream-2 at ''Serious, Detailed'' talks
Kofi Annan, Former UN Secretary General, Dies
Yerevan City Council Early Elections to be Held on September 23
Artsakh Republic President Met with the General Staff of the Republic of Armenia Armed Forces
Trump: US Will Pay Nothing for Pastor
Turkey Arrests Another German Citizen
Angela Merkel to Visit Armenia Next Week
Guinea Citizen Ilegally Crossed Armenia-Turkey Border
"Armenian Velvet Revolution" Book Released
Turkey's Biggest Mobile Phone Importing Companies Cancel their Phone Orders
Government Creates Favorable Conditions for Doing Business and Making Profits – PM Pashinyan
Nikol Pashinyan: "Over the past 100 days, we have solved the key problem: we have ensured the country’s normal functioning and economic development"
Armenian PM, Russia President Talk on Phone
Turkey Intends to Establish Close Ties with EU
Trump Says His Tariffs will Rescue US Industry
Main Side of the Conflict Cannot be Withdrawn or Put Aside from Negotiation Table – Artsakh Parliament Speaker
New Wave of Hysteria Raised in Azerbaijan Due to the Possible Visit of Russian Singer with Armenian Surname
Artsakh Republic President Sahakyan, Minister Minasyan Discuss Economic Cooperation Between Artsakh and Armenia
Robert Kocharyan Released: Court of Appeals Approves Attorneys’ Appeal
Armenia PM: Every Penny Stolen from People Will be Returned
Israel: All the Citizens are Equal, but Jews are More Than Equal
"We are Gure to Gain a Victory in our Common Mission" – Nikol Pashinyan Attends Event Dedicated to Armenian General Athletic Union Centenary
Greens Call for New Zealand's Parliament to Recognise Armenian Genocide
Foreign Minister of South Ossetia Congratulated on the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment of the MFA of the Republic of Artsakh
Artsakh MFA Received Congratulatory Message from Abkhazia MFA on the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Coordinator of the "Congress of Refugees from the Azerbaijani SSR" NGO
Wind: 22.53 km/h