U.S. Forces Conduct Live-Fire Exercise in Southern Syria in a Warning to Russia
U.S. Marines conducted a live-fire aerial assault exercise in southern Syria on Friday designed to warn Russian and other military forces to stay away from an American base there, The Washington Post reports.
The exercise, involving a company-size unit, came amid rising U.S.-Russia tensions across the Syrian battlespace. The Trump administration has warned both Russia and the Syrian government against a planned offensive in Idlib province in northwest Syria, the largest remaining pocket of rebel fighters who have tried, and failed, over the past seven years to oust President Bashar al-Assad.
In support of the Idlib operation, Russia has deployed a significant naval presence in the eastern Mediterranean, with weaponry capable of reaching across Syria.
The Marine exercise took place near the U.S. garrison at Tanf, along the Syrian-Iraqi border near Jordan, around which the Americans have long declared a 35-mile deconfliction zone off-limits to others. It followed a Russian notification, and U.S. rejection, of a plan to enter the zone to pursue "terrorists."
- Russia Bombed Militant Behind Attack On Syria's Aleppo The Russian Defence Ministry said on Sunday its warplanes had carried out air strikes against militants it held responsible for firing shells filled with chlorine gas at the city of Aleppo
- U.S. Setting up "Observation Posts'' along Turkey-Syria Border “Turkey, a NATO ally, has legitimate concerns about terrorist threats and from where they’re emanating,” Mattis said Wednesday. “We don’t dismiss any of their concerns.”
- Turkey Thankful to Putin for Supporting Memorandum on Syria's Idlib — Mevlut Cavusoglu Turkey is thankful to Russian President Vladimir Putin for supporting the Sochi memorandum on Syria's Idlib which allowed to prevent another humanitarian catastrophe in the Arab country, Turkish Foreign...
- Turkey Launches New Military Operation In Syria Turkey is ready to launch a new military operation against "terrorist groups" east of the Euphrates River, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Tuesday,
- Merkel Asked to Putin Question in Russian German Chancellor Angela Merkel has asked Russian President Vladimir Putin a question in Russian. It was about his coat, RT reported.
Artsakh President Introduces New Defense Minister to Supreme Command Staff of Defense Army
Levon Mnatsakanyan is Released from the Position of the Artsakh Republic Defense Minister
Donald Trump is a Serial Re-Gifter of Christmas Presents
Brexit: EU Says no to May on Renegotiating Deal
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass: Vardenyats Pass is closed
Arsenal-Qarabag: A Pitch Invader Infuriated Qarabag Players
U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations Approves Nomination of Lynne Tracy as U.S. Ambassador to Armenia
Lavrov: "Russia Wants Fair and Mutually Acceptable Settlement of NK Conflict"
Presentation of the New Official Website of the Foreign Ministry of Artsakh and a Film About Artsakh (VIDEO)
The Air Temperature In The Daytime Will Go Down
Erdogan: Turkey Starts Building Land Part of Turkish Stream Pipeline
Lebanese Prime Minister Congratulated Nikol Pashinyan On His Victory
New Anti-Russia Sanctions to Complicate Talks on Kerch Strait Crisis - German Foreign Minister
Theresa May Has Won A Vote Of Confidence
Police Issue Statement on US Embassy Statement, which Urged American Citizens to Be Vigilant when Visiting Armenia
Artsakh President and Armenian PM Held Meeting in Yerevan
Russian FM to Meet with Azerbaijani President, Foreign Minister in Baku
Armenian Foreign Ministry Official to Participate in BSEC Ministerial Session in Baku
Promotion of Investments, Development of Army, Poverty Reduction: Pashinyan Outlines Government’s Upcoming Actions
Russia Ready for Constructive Dialogue with New Armenian Parliament, Government: Maria Zakharova
MFA of Artsakh: John Bolton’s Expectations For The Azerbaijan-Karabakh Conflict Settlement Are Not Realistic
President of Artsakh Met co-Chairs of Coordinating Council of Armenian Organizations of France in Paris
Nikol Pashinyan Visited Meguerian Carpet Company and had Working Dinner with Harvard University Graduates (photos)
Armenia Ombudsman Prepares Special Report on Shooting towards Armenian Border Villages by Azerbaijani Side
Artsakh's President Visited the Phonethon Center Organized in Paris by the "Hayastan" All-Armenian Fund
Armen Sargsyan: "My grandmother Fleeing from the Genocide Took the Most Precious Things – Her Son and the Bible"
Armenian President, Italian Global Leading Aerospace, Defense Company CEO Discuss Opportunities for Cooperation
Nikol Pashinyan Made a Donation to Hayastan All-Armenian Fund and Addressed the Nation in a Live Broadcast
Nikol Pashinyan Hands State Prize for Global IT Contribution to James Truchard, Co-Founder and President of National Instruments
President of the Italian National Research Council is Greatly Interested in President Sarkissian’s Theory of Quant Approach to Global Risks
Wind: 8.05 km/h