US Army to Use Microsoft's Hololens for Combat Missions
The U.S. Army said on Wednesday that it has awarded Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) a $479.2 million contract to supply prototypes for the Army’s augmented reality systems helping soldiers in training and combat missions, Reuters reports.
The Army posted the contract award on its website.
"Augmented reality technology will provide troops with more and better information to make decisions," a Microsoft spokesperson said in an emailed statement.
Bloomberg, which earlier reported the deal, said the contract went though a bidding process with key tech companies including Magic Leap participating in the auction.
- US Committed to Helping Armenia and Azerbaijan Resolve Issues Peacefully: Blinken Spoke With Pashinyan The Secretary reiterated our commitment to helping Armenia and Azerbaijan resolve issues peacefully.
- Iran to Submit Final Conclusion Over Nuclear Deal Revival by Midnight In comments on Monday, Amirabdollahian said Iran is going to send its final conclusion about the JCPOA talks to the European coordinator in written form at midnight.
- Erdogan, Biden Might Meet in September- Media Turkey plans to buy 40 F-16 fighter jets from the US and upgrade another eighty. US President Joe Biden stated that he expects to receive the approval of the [US] Congress to sell F-16 fighter jets to...
- The United States Announced Its Readiness For a Dialogue With Russia on the Future of Arms Control We are ready to resume dialogue with Russia to shape the future of modern arms control if Russia is ready to act in good faith.
- Biden’s Nominee For U.S. Ambassador to Armenia Sent to Senate Kristina Kvien arrived at U.S. Embassy Kyiv in May 2019. From 2016 – April 2019, she served as Acting DCM/Minister Counselor for Economic Affairs at U.S. Embassy Paris.
Ararat Mirzoyan met with the State Secretary of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs
Two pilots dead in light aircraft crash in Armenia
Pashinyan receives Philip Reeker
Media reports on Armenian FM having trilateral meeting with Turkish and Azeri counterparts are exaggerated: MFA
Lavrov: On the issue of the OSCE MG disintegration we should address the USA, France and Azerbaijan
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan visited painter Hagop Hagopian’s family
At the Australian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Mr. Arman Tatoyan presented the latest facts of Azerbaijani criminal invasions in Armenia and evidence of war crimes
Discussions on implementation of agreements reached between Armenia and Turkey to continue: MFA
Nikol Pashinyan sends congratulatory message to the Prime Minister of Romania
Armenia parliament speaker thanks France National Assembly for resolution condemning Azerbaijan
Armenian Foreign Minister presents consequences of Azerbaijani aggression to his Czech counterpart
Azerbaijani troops open fire at Armenian positions
Some roads are closed in Armenia
Russia finds NATO’s rapid evolution worrisome: Lavrov
The steps towards the introduction of the Universal Declaration System discussed at Government
French National Assembly adopts resolution supporting Armenia and calling for sanctions against Azerbaijan
MoD Armenia comments on another Azerbaijani disinformation
UK imposes sanctions against 22 Russian officials supporting mobilization: document
EC confirms removal of information about Ukrainian army death toll
The Prime Minister leaves for Tunisia on a working visit
Azerbaijan's attempts to abolish the status of Artsakh as a party to the conflict is unacceptable: Artsakh MFA
Putin to attend CSTO summit in Armenia next week, Kremlin confirms
Putin and Erdogan discuss details of creating a gas hub in Turkey: Kremlin
Azerbaijan’s defense ministry spreads another misinformation: MoD Armenia
Russia bars entry to 200 US citizens: Russian Foreign Ministry
Nikol Pashinyan and Charles Michel meet in Djerba
Igor Khovaev to visit Baku
Azerbaijan carries out tactical maneuvers
Armenian Security Council Secretary and Indian PM's Advisor discuss security cooperation
Wind: 0.51 km/h