The European Union has agreed to enact sanctions against Iran's intelligence agency "for its assassination plots on European soil," Danish foreign minister, Anders Samuelsen, said on Tuesday.
EU Agrees Sanctions Against Iran's Intelligence Agency
According to the Danish Foreign Ministry, both Iran's intelligence agency and its director general of intelligence, Saeid Hashemi Moghadam, were now on the EU's terror list, euronews reports.
"No other country's intelligence services are on the terror list," he said in a statement. "So it's a very clear signal we send to Iran today."
Denmark has been particularly vocal about its support for the EU sanctions after officials said in October last year they had uncovered an Iranian-backed assassination plot on Danish soil.
The plot was carried out by a Norwegian citizen of Iranian background, who had ties to Iran's intelligence agency, and planned to assassinate an Iranian-Arab opposition activist in Denmark, officials claimed.
- Iran Foreign Minister Condemns US Imprisonment of Press TV Anchor Press TV has learned that she was transferred by the FBI to a detention facility in Washington, DC. The US officials have so far refused to provide any reasons for her apprehension either to her or her...
- UN Security Council to Meet on Iran Missile Test For its part, Iran said Sunday it would continue missile tests to build up its defences and denied it was in breach of UN resolutions.
- At Least 500 Injured as Major Earthquake Strikes Iran Officials reported damage at buildings both in town and in rural Kermanshah, as well as to some roadways. The temblor also downed power lines and caused power outages into the night as temperatures hovered...
- Iran Warns US Bases, Aircraft Carriers in Missile Range Hajizadeh said the Guards had improved the precision of their missiles, and specifically said they could hit the Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar, Al Dhafra base in the United Arab Emirates and Kandahar base...
- Rouhani: Iran Won’t Bow The Head To The US Iranian President Hassan Rouhani reaffirmed Iran’s determination to resist foreign pressure,
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Informal Meeting with Ilham Aliyev
Aliyev: Azerbaijan's CSTO Membership Isn't Being Discussed Yet
Azerbaijani Embassy Carries Out 1-Dollar Propaganda Attempt in Switzerland
Nikol Pashinyan Discusses Cooperation Prospects with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, JICA and eBay Executives in Davos
Lapshin Has Applied to Armenian Defense Ministry Asking to Allow Him Visit the border Zone Shelled by Azerbaijan
''Armenia!'' Exhibition in New York Metropolitan Museum Registered a Record Number of Visitors
Pashinyan: Armenia Has Agreed with Gazprom on Gas Price
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
The Criminal Case Against Azerbaijani Blogger Was Terminated
Report: 73% of Germans Support the Construction of the Nord Stream - 2
Bako Sahakyan expresses Gratitude to Jean-Michel Ekherian for Implementing Healthcare Projects in Artsakh
Minister Nikol Pashinyan Will Travel to Moscow on January 25
Mevlut Chavushoghlu: With Karabakh Conflict Unresolved, Normalization of Ties with Armenia Impossible
Macron Vows to Continue Reforms Despite Protests
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Erdogan: Turkey won’t Let Syria Safe Zone be Turned into "Swamp"
Artsakh Republic Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Received the ARFD "Hai Dat" Delegation
"If You are Ready to Make Your Move, Come to Armenia, Get Rich and Enrich" – Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Swiss Businessmen in Zurich
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message to Swedish PM
Nikol Pashinyan Meets Businessmen in Zurich to Discuss Investment Projects for Armenia
Congratulatory Address by Acting Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan on New Year and Christmas Holidays (VIDEO)
Erdogan Officially Declared 2019 as the Year of Armenian Portasar
His Holiness Karekin II Catholicos of All Armenians Sends a Message on the Occasion of the Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Artsakh Republic President Addressed Congratulatory Message on the Occasion of New Year and Christmas Holidays
President Armen Sarkissian Met with the Minister of State of the United Arab Emirates Sultan Al Jaber
Pompeo: US Withdrawal from Syria doesn't Change Mission to Destroy ISIS and Stop Iran's Influence in the Mideast
Eve of Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Candlelight (Lucernarium) Divine Liturgy
'For the Sake of Armenia': Saghatelyan, Bekaryan, Hakobyan and Farmanyan Have Established a Media Company
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Discussed Issues on the Activities of The HALO Trust in Humanitarian Demining
Father Ghevond Mayilyan: Christ Left the Heavens and Descended into the Earth for Us, Bringing Salvation and Life