The European Union has agreed to enact sanctions against Iran's intelligence agency "for its assassination plots on European soil," Danish foreign minister, Anders Samuelsen, said on Tuesday.
EU Agrees Sanctions Against Iran's Intelligence Agency
According to the Danish Foreign Ministry, both Iran's intelligence agency and its director general of intelligence, Saeid Hashemi Moghadam, were now on the EU's terror list, euronews reports.
"No other country's intelligence services are on the terror list," he said in a statement. "So it's a very clear signal we send to Iran today."
Denmark has been particularly vocal about its support for the EU sanctions after officials said in October last year they had uncovered an Iranian-backed assassination plot on Danish soil.
The plot was carried out by a Norwegian citizen of Iranian background, who had ties to Iran's intelligence agency, and planned to assassinate an Iranian-Arab opposition activist in Denmark, officials claimed.
- Armenia to Send Humanitarian Aid to Iran "We will send technical means, vehicles, and rescuers; we are specifying the numbers.”
- Iran Rights Lawyer Sotoudeh to Face Additional 10 Years in Jail She had in been found guilty of "colluding against the system, propaganda against the system... disrupting public order" and on several other counts.
- PM-Led Delegation is in Isfahan (photos) Nikol Pashinyan and Anna Hakobyan visited Imam and Sheikh Lothollah mosques, Ali Qapu Palace and Kesariyeh Bazari. During the tour, they were briefed on the history of Iranian spiritual and cultural institutions.
- Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif Resigns I am apologising you for all the shortcomings...in the past years during my time as foreign minister ... I thank the Iranian nation and officials
- Suicide Attack in Iran Kills 41 Including Revolutionary Guards Members The deadly attack took place in the Chanali area of the Khash-Zahedan road, between the cities of Zahedan and Khash — an area not far from the border with Pakistan, where drug smuggling and military...
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
PM Nikol Pashinyan Extends Condolences to President of Sri Lanka Maithripala Sirisena
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan Attends Pontifical Easter Liturgy
Divine Liturgy of Easter Sunday in the Stepanakert Cathedral of Intercession
The Armenian Students’ Association of Azuza Pacific University Holds Armenian Genocide Vigil
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Feast of the Glorious Resurrection of Jesus Christ
Sudan Probes al-Bashir After "Large Sums of Cash Found at Home"
Fighting Ramps up in Ukraine's Donbass Ahead of Presidential Elections
France's Prime Minister to Attend Armenian Genocide Commemoration Ceremony
Four Turkish Soldiers Killed in Clashes With PKK
The Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border about 250 Times
Peruvian Ex-President Alan Garcia Wrote in an Alleged Suicide Note
Garo Paylan Calls on Turkish Authorities to Stop Keeping People as Hostage
Russia Rejects Mueller Report That Documents Its Interference
US President Trump Recognizes Libyan Haftar’s Role in Fighting Terrorism: White House
Venezuela's Guaido Calls for "Largest March in Country's History"
Montebello Armenian Genocide Monument Freeway Sign Downed
Today Is Holy Saturday, Eve of Feast of the Glorious Resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ or the Easter Feast, Candlelight Divine Liturgy
From April 29, Tourists Visiting Artsakh will be Granted Free Entry Visa
My Family Was Always Proud of its Armenian Heritage: James Bagian - The Only Armenian in the World, who Has Traveled into Space (EXCLUSIVE)
Sarkis Torossian, Armenian Hero of Gallipoli Campaign
Eurovision 2019 to Be Canceled?
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
More Than 70 American Lawmakers Seek US Official Recognition of Armenian Genocide with New Resolution
Assyrian New Year Stands For Nature Revival And Fertility: Interview With Arsen Mikhailov (EXCLUSIVE)
In Case of Attempts by Azerbaijan to Resolve the Conflict by Force, Artsakh has Every Right to Protect its Freedom and Independence. Artsakh's MFA
It is Not Artsakh Issue, It is All-Armenian Issue: Artsakh Republic National Assembly MP Vardges Baghryan (EXCLUSIVE)
Joint Statement by the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan and the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
Catholicos of All Armenians Asks For Patriarch Kirill's Mediation For Release of Armenian From Azerbaijani Jail
Wind: 11 km/h