Preparing for Peace? Stepanakert Responded to OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Statement
Statement by the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs on the results of the Armenian and Azerbaijani Foreign Ministers meeting held in Paris on January 16, although maintains the trends of previous statements, however, at the same time contains new elements, Press Secretary of the President of the Republic of Artsakh Davit Babayan said in an interview with News.am, commenting the results of Wednesday’s meeting.
Babayan, at the same time, noted that in reality, the new elements are the well-forgotten old ones which have repeatedly appeared at different stages of the Karabakh conflict resolution process.
The statement, as before, stresses the need for a peaceful resolution of the conflict.
"Very interesting wording about concrete steps and preparation for peace - not a decision or settlement. This implies long-term action and equivalence. The societies should realize that there is no alternative to peace, there is no return to the past, there should not be losers and winners; there should be a common denominator. On the other hand, concrete steps should involve a dialogue for all parties, that is, a return to the full format of negotiations’’, Babayan highlighted, also emphasizing that first of all the parties to the conflict are Azerbaijan and Artsakh, then Armenia, which could not remain indifferent to the fate of Artsakh.
As for the economic projects noted in the statement, the Artsakh authorities have repeatedly spoken about such a possibility.
"Stepanakert has many times offered cooperation in the exchange of some part of water resources, but Baku refused," David Babayan reminded.
He also stressed that one should not forget the reality that Azerbaijan says one thing, but does something else.
- Armenia Soldier Wounded by Azerbaijan The Investigative Committee of Armenia has launched a criminal case into this incident, and on the grounds of attempted murder.
- Please Have a Bit Patience: Armenia’s FM on Next Meeting with Azerbaijani FM “I would ask you to be more patient as it is principle for me to state about the date of the meeting on the day and time agreed with the co-chairs and the other side,” Mnatsakanyan said.
- Azerbaijan Released Another Information Bait: Artsrun Hovhannisyan The Azerbaijani Border Service has released yet another information bait – presenting the movement of combat positions in its own territory to be exclusive achievements.
- Efforts Are Being Made for Repatriation of Prisoner of War Arayik Ghazaryan: Artsakh MFA The Mission of the International Committee of the Red Cross in Artsakh and the Office of the Personal Representative of the OSCE - The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe Chairperson-in-Office...
- Armenia’s DM Says He Has Inner Conviction Conscript Arayik Ghazaryan Got Lost Armenia’s defense minister Davit Tonoyan thinks the 19-year-old Armenian conscript Arayik Ghazaryan appeared in Azerbaijani territory as a result of getting lost.
Alexander Lukashenko Has Congratulated Armenian Apostolic Church Leader on his Birthday
“We Consider you the Friend of Democracy in Armenia" - PM Holds Farewell Meeting with Piotr Switalski
The Government Dismisses the Mayors, then Beats the Deputies Elected by the People: Garo Paylan
Artsakh Republic President Handed in the ''Anania Shirakatsi'' Medal to Famed Geologist from Russia Sergey Vardanyan
Serzh Sargsyan Congratulates His Holiness Garegin II on Birthday
OSCE Mission Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border Passed in Accordance with the Agreed Schedule
Sinquefield Cup: Aronyan Loses in Round 4 of Tournament
PM, RyanAir Representatives Discuss Prospects for Irish Carrier’s Involvement in Armenia
PM Nikol Pashinyan Extends Birthday Greetings to Catholicos of All Armenians
Serbia to Sign Free Trade Zone Agreement with EAEU on October 25
ARF-D offers referendum for the solution of Amulsar issue
Earthquake Hits Armenia
Armenia National Security Service uncovers embezzlement at MOD
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Uruguay’s President Says He Has Lung Cancer
Artsakh President Congratulates His Holiness Garegin II on Birthday
Government Discussed Potential Entry of Ryanair into Armenian Market
Honduras' Ex-First Lady Convicted of Fraud, Embezzlement
Less Water Released from Lake Sevan This Year: Nikol Pashinyan
Venezuelan Leader Nicolás Maduro Confirms Months of Secret US Talks
He Will Be Great: Trump Congratulates Boris Johnson on Becoming UK's New PM
“Our Goal is to Make the Startup a Dominant Mindset in Armenia” - PM Meets with Sevan Startup Summit-2009 Participants (PHOTOS)
Trump Administration Attacks U.S. Aid Program to Artsakh
Armenian Killed in Aleppo
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Prime Minister of the Australian State of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border More than 900 Times
Our Strength Comes From our Ideas, Country’s Leaders and Country’s Rating: Security Council Secretary
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Delivered a Speech at the Meeting with the Armenian Community of Australia
In Uruguay Garo Paylan Together with His Party Colleague Paid Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border more than 65 Times
Wind: 10 km/h