Preparing for Peace? Stepanakert Responded to OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Statement
Statement by the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs on the results of the Armenian and Azerbaijani Foreign Ministers meeting held in Paris on January 16, although maintains the trends of previous statements, however, at the same time contains new elements, Press Secretary of the President of the Republic of Artsakh Davit Babayan said in an interview with News.am, commenting the results of Wednesday’s meeting.
Babayan, at the same time, noted that in reality, the new elements are the well-forgotten old ones which have repeatedly appeared at different stages of the Karabakh conflict resolution process.
The statement, as before, stresses the need for a peaceful resolution of the conflict.
"Very interesting wording about concrete steps and preparation for peace - not a decision or settlement. This implies long-term action and equivalence. The societies should realize that there is no alternative to peace, there is no return to the past, there should not be losers and winners; there should be a common denominator. On the other hand, concrete steps should involve a dialogue for all parties, that is, a return to the full format of negotiations’’, Babayan highlighted, also emphasizing that first of all the parties to the conflict are Azerbaijan and Artsakh, then Armenia, which could not remain indifferent to the fate of Artsakh.
As for the economic projects noted in the statement, the Artsakh authorities have repeatedly spoken about such a possibility.
"Stepanakert has many times offered cooperation in the exchange of some part of water resources, but Baku refused," David Babayan reminded.
He also stressed that one should not forget the reality that Azerbaijan says one thing, but does something else.
- Will Artsakh Take Part in Implementing the Agreements Reached in the Humanitarian Field? As a result of the meeting there are agreements reached at least in three aspects – imprisoned people’s relatives’ visits, mutual visits of mass media representatives and no firing during agricultural...
- Settling Humanitarian Issues Without Artsakh People Not in Place: Statement Although Karabakh’s being a subject in yesterday's statement is not stressed, the subtext is obvious. There can be no solution of humanitarian issues without those who live in Karabakh, at the border...
- Ministers Expressed Willingness to Start Concrete Work on Establishing Contacts Between People: Joint Statement by the FMs of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia The Foreign Ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia reaffirmed the intention of the parties to continue their efforts to resolve the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict through political and diplomatic means.
- Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Artsakh meet ahead of Moscow meeting Armenian Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan met with Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilyan on Saturday, the press service of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia reported.
- Insight From Yerevan: Nikol Pashinyan’s PACE Statement “Insight from Yerevan: Planet”: The program hosts Gevorg Gorgisyan, RA NA MP, “Bright Armenia” faction secretary to discuss RA prime minister Nikol Pashinyan’s PACE speech, key emphasis and the...
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
PM Nikol Pashinyan Extends Condolences to President of Sri Lanka Maithripala Sirisena
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan Attends Pontifical Easter Liturgy
Divine Liturgy of Easter Sunday in the Stepanakert Cathedral of Intercession
The Armenian Students’ Association of Azuza Pacific University Holds Armenian Genocide Vigil
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Feast of the Glorious Resurrection of Jesus Christ
Sudan Probes al-Bashir After "Large Sums of Cash Found at Home"
Fighting Ramps up in Ukraine's Donbass Ahead of Presidential Elections
France's Prime Minister to Attend Armenian Genocide Commemoration Ceremony
Four Turkish Soldiers Killed in Clashes With PKK
The Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border about 250 Times
Peruvian Ex-President Alan Garcia Wrote in an Alleged Suicide Note
Garo Paylan Calls on Turkish Authorities to Stop Keeping People as Hostage
Russia Rejects Mueller Report That Documents Its Interference
US President Trump Recognizes Libyan Haftar’s Role in Fighting Terrorism: White House
Venezuela's Guaido Calls for "Largest March in Country's History"
Montebello Armenian Genocide Monument Freeway Sign Downed
Today Is Holy Saturday, Eve of Feast of the Glorious Resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ or the Easter Feast, Candlelight Divine Liturgy
From April 29, Tourists Visiting Artsakh will be Granted Free Entry Visa
My Family Was Always Proud of its Armenian Heritage: James Bagian - The Only Armenian in the World, who Has Traveled into Space (EXCLUSIVE)
Sarkis Torossian, Armenian Hero of Gallipoli Campaign
Eurovision 2019 to Be Canceled?
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
More Than 70 American Lawmakers Seek US Official Recognition of Armenian Genocide with New Resolution
Assyrian New Year Stands For Nature Revival And Fertility: Interview With Arsen Mikhailov (EXCLUSIVE)
In Case of Attempts by Azerbaijan to Resolve the Conflict by Force, Artsakh has Every Right to Protect its Freedom and Independence. Artsakh's MFA
It is Not Artsakh Issue, It is All-Armenian Issue: Artsakh Republic National Assembly MP Vardges Baghryan (EXCLUSIVE)
Joint Statement by the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan and the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
Catholicos of All Armenians Asks For Patriarch Kirill's Mediation For Release of Armenian From Azerbaijani Jail
Wind: 11 km/h