Armenian Genocide Museum to Open In Buenos Aires
The Buenos Aires City Council has given the green light to the construction of an Armenian Genocide Museum in the city, Asbarez reports.
The city council voted 54 to 2 last week to approve the measures, which will enable the Armenian Genocide Memorial Foundation to build what it called a "Museum of Armenian Memory, History and Culture."
The property is located on Gurruchaga Street, very close to heart of the Armenian community in the suburb of Palermo.
The resolution aims "to promote the creation of a museum that maintains the contribution of the Armenians to the social construction of Argentina. Thus, an archive of the history of the Armenian presence in Argentina will also be created."
A library and archive of Armenian genocide is also expected to be created.
Argentina was one of the first countries to recognize the Armenian Genocide. In September 1987, Argentina’s President Raúl Alfonsín described the massacre of a million and a half Armenians at the hands of the Turks between 1915 and 1923 as genocide.
Two decades later, in 2007, Argentina declared April 24 as "Day of action for tolerance and respect among peoples" in remembrance of the Armenian Genocide.
- Impunity that Followed the Armenian Genocide, had Opened Doors For Other Grave Crimes Against Humanity and Genocides: Armen Sarkissian April 24 is the day to remember the innocent victims of the Armenian Genocide masterminded and perpetrated in the Ottoman Turkey on the state level.
- Vigorous Discussions in the Arab World Over Recognizing the Armenian Genocide The United Arab Emirates is going to recognize the Armenian genocide, «al-Akhbar» daily reports referring to its sources in the UAE diplomatic circles.
- 9th Circuit Panel on Seeking Reparations for Land Sized by Turkey During the 1915 Armenian Genocide At issue before the panel is whether the court can make a determination on international war crimes policy and whether or not the statute of limitations has expired for families of victims seeking reparations...
- Canadian Armenian Genocide survivor Sirvard Kurdian dies aged 106 In 1991 Sirvard moved with her family to Canada.
- Australian Parliament to Debate Armenian Genocide for First Time The Motion has been supported by Members of the Coalition government as well as the Australian Labor Party, led by the Co-Chairs of the Australia-Armenia Inter-Parliamentary Union Friendship Group Co-Chairs,...
Nikol Pashinyan Hosts Australia’s New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian
Trump Says the U.S. Navy Downed an Iranian Drone in the Strait of Hormuz
Zareh Sinanyan Pays 1st Foreign Visit to Russia in the Post of Chief Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs
President Armen Sarkissian Hosted Premier of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
Head of Parliament Has Meetings with Representatives of the U.S. Armenian Organizations
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
US Preparing to Send Hundreds of Troops to Saudi Arabia Amid Iran Tensions
US House Rejects Bid to Launch Trump Impeachment Proceedings
Bako Sahakyan Attended Maxim Hovhannisyan's 85th Birthday Anniversary Evening
U.S. Removing Turkey from F-35 Program
Hot Line With Azerbaijani President Does Not Guarantee There Will Be No Victims – Pashinyan
Armenia’s Chief Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs Departs for Russia on Working Visit
PM Pashinyan Does Not Rule Out Constitutional Amendments for Overcoming Constitutional Crisis in Armenia
Armenian PM, Holy See Apostolic Nuncio Discuss Development of Armenia-Vatican Relations
Three Turkish Diplomats Killed in Attack in Iraq’s Erbil, Media Reports Say
Moscow Court Extends Arrest of All 24 Ukrainian Sailors Detained in Kerch Strait
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Ursula von der Leyen on Being Elected President of the European Commission
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
“The Government’s goal is to make the public procurement system more flexible, enforce the principle of fair competition and eradicate corruption” - PM Holds Consultation
Armenian Deputy PM Meets With Irish Minister for Children and Youth Affairs in New York
"Any Armenian Living Outside the Homeland Should Realize That Their Ultimate Goal is to Return to Armenia": Nikol Pashinyan (PHOTOS)
RA-EU Partnership Road-Map Hardly Overlaps EEU Regulations
Magnifier: Office of High Commissioner on Diaspora
Washington Meetings Not to Yield Serious Results?
Charles Aznavour's Love Letters to Be Put Up for Auction
For Who the Ministry of Diaspora was Abolished
PM Nikol Pashinyan, Mrs. Anna Hakobyan Arrive in Singapore on Official Visit; They Met with Local and Neighboring Countries’ Armenian Communities
Insight From Yerevan: Outcomes of Armenia And Azerbaijan FM Meeting
Armenia Won't Go to Unilateral Concessions which Endanger Artsakh’s Security and Right to Self-Determination
PM: "Our Will Is Unshakable and Our Hand Will Not Flinch Against Those Who Try to Revive the Methods of Violence in the Republic of Armenia"
Wind: 6 km/h