Eurovision 2019 to Be Canceled?
A surprise rocket attack that destroyed a home in the Mishmeret moshav on Monday, wounding seven, has rattled the country and cast a shadow over the upcoming Eurovision competition in Tel Aviv, the Jerusalem Post reports.
The attack marked the second time in less than two weeks that deadly rockets were fired toward central Israel. And with 50 days until the Eurovision kicks off, concerns about an escalation during the competition – or the possibility of a one-off attack – are climbing.
Both European and local officials behind the contest, however, are publicly staid about the threat of rockets.
Reached for comment on Monday, officials at the European Broadcasting Union told the Post they are monitoring the situation in Israel.
“Safety and security is always of paramount importance for the EBU,” it said in an emailed statement. “We continue to work alongside KAN and the appropriate Israeli authorities to safeguard the well-being of everyone preparing for and attending the Eurovision Song Contest in May. We will continue to closely monitor the current situation in Israel.”
The EBU, however, declined to answer if it has a contingency plan in place.
- Israel Begins Demolishing Palestinian Homes near Separation Wall The Israeli Supreme Court ruled in favour of the military last month, ending a seven-year legal battle, and set Monday as the deadline to knock down the homes.
- Trump Administration Preparing to Roll out Kushner’s Israeli-Palestinian "Peace Plan": Sources Potential causes for delay could include the upcoming holidays of Passover and Ramadan.
- Palestinian-Israeli Conflict: Why Is the Game Ruled by Israel? Tensions have flared up again in Gaza recently. Israel has blocked the border with Gaza and is deploying army. Earlier Israel, despite the ceasefire reached by the Egyptian mediation, struck the military...
- Trump’s Decision Over Golan Heights May Create a Mess US president Donald Trump made his next controversial Twitter post, “After 52 years it is time for the United States to fully recognize Israel’s Sovereignty over the Golan Heights, which is of critical...
- Israel Strikes 100 Targets in Gaza in Response to Rockets Fired at Tel Aviv Shortly thereafter, alarms sounded again in Israel's south. The Israeli army said two rockets were launched from Gaza, one of them intercepted by Iron Dome. No injuries or damages were reported.
PM Congratulates Egyptian President on Egypt’s National Holiday – Revolution Day
Artsakh’s President Receives Members of Central Committee of ARF-Artsakh
He Will Be Great: Trump Congratulates Boris Johnson on Becoming UK's New PM
Armenian President Congratulates Egyptian Counterpart on National Day
U.S. Army Involved in Secret D.C. Operation
Japan Lodged Protest with S.Korea, Russia after Jet Incident
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Kabul Seeks Clarification of Trump's Remarks on 'Wiping out Afghanistan'
Trump and Congressional Leaders Announce Critical Debt and Budget Deal
5.4 Magnitude Quake Hits Southern Iran
Pompeo: Different Countries to Participate in Patrolling Strait of Hormuz
Russian-Armenians are Active in Different Spheres – Sinanyan Meets with Russian Deputy FM
North Korea's Kim Inspects New Submarine
Trump Says He Could Wipe Afghanistan off Face of the Earth in 10 Days
Nikol Pashinyan Sends Condolence Cable on Passing of Yukiya Amano
Meeting with President of the Russian Dance Union Stanislaw Popov
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia: the Air Temperature will Go Down
Millions of Barrels of Iranian Oil Are Piled Up in China’s Ports
"The Authority of Each Officer Should be Much Greater than that of His Epaulettes"- Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Graduates of Military Educational Institutions
Israel Begins Demolishing Palestinian Homes near Separation Wall
RA-EU Partnership Road-Map Hardly Overlaps EEU Regulations
Magnifier: Office of High Commissioner on Diaspora
Charles Aznavour's Love Letters to Be Put Up for Auction
For Who the Ministry of Diaspora was Abolished
Insight From Yerevan: Outcomes of Armenia And Azerbaijan FM Meeting
PM Nikol Pashinyan, Mrs. Anna Hakobyan Arrive in Singapore on Official Visit; They Met with Local and Neighboring Countries’ Armenian Communities
Armenia Won't Go to Unilateral Concessions which Endanger Artsakh’s Security and Right to Self-Determination
Artsakh’s Foreign Ministry Welcome the Adoption of the Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of the US House of Representatives
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Ursula von der Leyen on Being Elected President of the European Commission
President of Artsakh Visited the Construction Site of a New Residential Community in Capital Stepanakert
Wind: 8 km/h