Eurovision 2019 to Be Canceled?
A surprise rocket attack that destroyed a home in the Mishmeret moshav on Monday, wounding seven, has rattled the country and cast a shadow over the upcoming Eurovision competition in Tel Aviv, the Jerusalem Post reports.
The attack marked the second time in less than two weeks that deadly rockets were fired toward central Israel. And with 50 days until the Eurovision kicks off, concerns about an escalation during the competition – or the possibility of a one-off attack – are climbing.
Both European and local officials behind the contest, however, are publicly staid about the threat of rockets.
Reached for comment on Monday, officials at the European Broadcasting Union told the Post they are monitoring the situation in Israel.
“Safety and security is always of paramount importance for the EBU,” it said in an emailed statement. “We continue to work alongside KAN and the appropriate Israeli authorities to safeguard the well-being of everyone preparing for and attending the Eurovision Song Contest in May. We will continue to closely monitor the current situation in Israel.”
The EBU, however, declined to answer if it has a contingency plan in place.
- Trump Administration Preparing to Roll out Kushner’s Israeli-Palestinian "Peace Plan": Sources Potential causes for delay could include the upcoming holidays of Passover and Ramadan.
- Palestinian-Israeli Conflict: Why Is the Game Ruled by Israel? Tensions have flared up again in Gaza recently. Israel has blocked the border with Gaza and is deploying army. Earlier Israel, despite the ceasefire reached by the Egyptian mediation, struck the military...
- Trump’s Decision Over Golan Heights May Create a Mess US president Donald Trump made his next controversial Twitter post, “After 52 years it is time for the United States to fully recognize Israel’s Sovereignty over the Golan Heights, which is of critical...
- Israel Strikes 100 Targets in Gaza in Response to Rockets Fired at Tel Aviv Shortly thereafter, alarms sounded again in Israel's south. The Israeli army said two rockets were launched from Gaza, one of them intercepted by Iron Dome. No injuries or damages were reported.
- Australia Recognises West Jerusalem as Israeli Capital The status of Jerusalem is one of the most contested issues between Israel and the Palestinians.
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Deadly Air Raids Kill Children in Afghanistan
Aubameyang Makes Europa League Promise to Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Armenia-China Visa Regime Being Lifted
Yerevan State University Rector Resigns
President Armen Sarkissian Made a Statement at the Opening of the Eurasian Media Forum: We Should be Ready for the World We Will Have 20 Years From Now
Amnesty International Condemns Henrikh Mkhitaryan's Europa League 'Ban' by Azerbaijan
Ankara Stopped Buying Iran Oil Out of "Respect" For US Sanctions
Ukrainian Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office Opens Another Case Against Poroshenko
Chinese Market is Open for Armenian Goods: PM Pashinyan
California Senate Passes California-Armenia Trade Office Bill
Libya's Haftar Tells Macron No Ceasefire for now
OSCE Conducts Monitoring at Armenia-Azerbaijan Border
Arsenal, Chelsea Sending Back 6,000 Tickets to UEFA
European Elections 2019
Theresa May Prepares to Quit After Cabinet Mutiny
India Elections: Narendra Modi's BJP Set to Sweep Back to Power
Qatar 2022 World Cup to See 32 Teams Only: FIFA
US Ultimatum Unlikely to Change Turkey’s Position on S-400 Deal
8 Armenians in the Crashed Bus in Italy: MFA
It Is a Crime that Turkey Doesn't Want to Return Mount Ararat to Armenians: Zhirinovsky
Recognition Path of the Armenian Genocide Through 2018-2019
Nubar Pasha, Armenian, the First Prime Minister of Egypt
This Year Marks the 150th Birthday of Renowned Armenian Composer Komitas
INSIGHT From Yerevan: Turkey’s Genocide Policy
INSIGHT FROM YEREVAN: The Legal Aspects of the Armenian Genocide
Anna Kazanjian Longobardo, Armenian, Designer of the American Missile Navigation System
Erdogan Follows the Footsteps of His Criminal Ancestors
"During its EAEU Presidency, Armenia will Make Every Effort to Back the Positive Dynamics of Integration" - Eurasian Intergovernmental Council Meets in Yerevan
Rammstein Released a New Video
Wind: 8 km/h