Israel and Hamas Agree Gaza Ceasefire after 11 Days of Fighting
Israel and Hamas have announced a ceasefire after 11 days of fighting in which 232 Palestinians in Gaza and 12 people in Israel have been killed, al-Jazeera reports.
Israel’s security cabinet on Thursday said it voted unanimously in favour of a “mutual and unconditional” Gaza truce proposed by mediator Egypt, but added that the hour of implementation had yet to be agreed upon.
Hamas, the group which rules Gaza, and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) armed group confirmed the “mutual and unconditional” ceasefire in a statement and said it would start at 2am on Friday (23:00 GMT Thursday).
The development came amid growing global alarm about the bloodshed, with US President Joe Biden urging Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to seek de-escalation, and mediation bids by Egypt, Qatar and the United Nations.
- US for 3rd Time Blocking Security Council Joint Statement Calling for Ceasefire between Israel and Hamas The statement was introduced by Norway, Tunisia and China following today’s emergency session on the escalation in Israel and Gaza and criticized both sides for the ongoing violence.
- Israeli Aircraft Strike in Gaza The airstrikes came in retaliation after 13 rocket launches from the Gaza Strip into Israeli territory were identified earlier in the morning, eight of which were intercepted by the Iron Dome missile defense...
- Israel Eases Restrictions on Gaza The sources said that Israel allowed scores of trucks loaded with goods and fuel tankers to enter through the crossing and ship their loads into Gaza after closing the crossing for 20 days.
- Israel Strikes Hamas Targets in Gaza The Israeli military force noted that targets included "weapons and underground infrastructure" belonging to Hamas.
- 'Will not Pass': Palestinian Leader Abbas Rejects Trump's Plan Abbas rejected the deal before it was announced saying the US was hopelessly biased towards Israel.
Armenia Records 229090 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Soldier Killed in Yet Unknown Circumstances, Artsakh Defense Army Says
Captured Villager Was Beaten and Inhumanely Treated by the Armed Forces of Azerbaijan: Artsakh’s Ombudsman
Iran Opens 1st Specialized Nuclear Industry Innovation Center
Ambassador Visits Armenian-Azerbaijani border, Says US Rejects Use of Force in the Case of Demarcation
Azerbaijani Shootings Near Bordering Communities Violate Vital Rights of Local Residents: Arman Tatoyan
The Parliament Will Also Elect Speaker And Three Vice Speakers
Armenian School Students win 5 Medals at International Mathematical Olympiad
Japan to Protest Russian PM Mikhail Mishustin's Visit to Disputed Pacific Islands
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Arayik Harutyunyan Attended the Master Classes Held in Stepanakert by the Boys of the "Львиное сердце" Club
Azerbaijani Forces Open fire at Armenian Positions in Gegharkunik and Ararat Sections of Border
Search Operation of Missing Armenian Servicemen Underway with Russia’s Brokering
Armenia Records 228910 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Iran Calls for Lasting Peace in South Caucasus
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan Attend Last Farewell Ceremony for Jivan Gasparyan
Armenia Records 228632 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Armenia MOD: Armenian Air-Defense Forces Prevent Attempt of Intrusion of Azeri Drone on Armenian Territory
Lavrov Expects No One Will Dare to Launch Aggression against Moscow-Led Bloc’s Members
Ilham Aliyev Admits Azerbaijani Forces are in Armenian Territory – MFA Armenia
Nikol Pashinyan Receives Deputy Chief of RF Armed Forces General Staff Sergey Istrakov
Assistance in Future Solution to Nagorno-Karabakh Issue in South Caucasus Is Required: Lukashevich
Armenia Funeral Commission Set Up in Connection with Djivan Gasparyan's Passing
ECtHR Issues Badalyan v. Azerbaijan Case Decision, Confirms Torture and Illegal Imprisonment
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Statement of the MFA of the Republic of Armenia
New Jersey Becomes 10th U.S. State to Recognize Artsakh
EU to Allocate over €1.5bn to Armenia for Five Programs
Communication Lost with a Serviceman and Driver on Duty– Armenia MOD
US Left Afghan Airfield at Night, didn’t Tell New Commander