US for 3rd Time Blocking Security Council Joint Statement Calling for Ceasefire between Israel and Hamas
For the third time in a week, the US is blocking a joint statement from the Security Council calling for an immediate ceasefire between Israel and Hamas, two diplomats involved tell The Times of Israel.
The statement was introduced by Norway, Tunisia and China following today’s emergency session on the escalation in Israel and Gaza and criticized both sides for the ongoing violence.
Fourteen of the 15 Security Council members sought to issue a joint statement, which requires unanimous approval, after closed emergency meetings on Monday and Wednesday. They were rebuffed by the US, which said it wanted more time for its own diplomatic efforts to play out, according to several Security Council diplomats. The statement would have called for an immediate ceasefire while condemning both sides for the violence.
- Israel and Hamas Agree Gaza Ceasefire after 11 Days of Fighting The development came amid growing global alarm about the bloodshed, with US President Joe Biden urging Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to seek de-escalation, and mediation bids by Egypt, Qatar...
- Israeli Aircraft Strike in Gaza The airstrikes came in retaliation after 13 rocket launches from the Gaza Strip into Israeli territory were identified earlier in the morning, eight of which were intercepted by the Iron Dome missile defense...
- Israel Eases Restrictions on Gaza The sources said that Israel allowed scores of trucks loaded with goods and fuel tankers to enter through the crossing and ship their loads into Gaza after closing the crossing for 20 days.
- Israel Strikes Hamas Targets in Gaza The Israeli military force noted that targets included "weapons and underground infrastructure" belonging to Hamas.
- 'Will not Pass': Palestinian Leader Abbas Rejects Trump's Plan Abbas rejected the deal before it was announced saying the US was hopelessly biased towards Israel.
Armenia Records 340723 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
David Babayan Received Representatives of Democratic Union Party of the Republic of Armenia
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Statement of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
Body of Killed Civilian Handed Over to Artsakh
Biden Says He Does Not Accept Anybody’s Red Lines Referring to Ukraine
Azerbaijan Again Halts Search Operations for Casualties of the 2020 Artsakh War
The Regular Sitting of the Consultative Assembly Held with the Participation of the Prime Minister and the Leaders of the Extra-Parliamentary Political Forces
Human Rights Watch Condemns Human Rights Violations in Azerbaijan
Murderer of Artsakh Civilian Identified
United Russia Congress Re-Elects Medvedev as Party’s Chairman
Any Status Within Azerbaijan is Unacceptable for the People and Authorities of Artsakh: David Babayan
Armenia Records 340396 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Commemoration of the Apostles St. Thaddeus and St. Bartholomew, the First Preachers of Christianity in Armenia
At the Request of Erdogan,Putin Informed Him about the Main Results of the Trilateral Meeting of the Leaders of Russia, Azerbaijan and Armenia in Sochi
Armenia's Foreign Minister Met with the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
Atrocities Committed by the Azerbaijani Armed Forces Against the Civilian Population of Artsakh Are a Continuation of the Policy of Armenophobia: MFA Spox
Putin, Erdogan Speak on the Phone
Foreign Minister of Armenia Met with the OSCE Secretary General
Kremlin Says Putin-Biden Talks to Be Held as Videoconference
Giacomo Luigi Ciamician, Armenian Chemist, the Pioneer of Solar Energy Idea
Armenian Scientists Become Eligible for the EU's Largest Funding Program
Artsakh National Security Service Releases Statement on Incident Near Shushi Checkpoint
Man Detained near Shushi to Be Handed over to Artsakh Law Enforcement Agencies: Ombudsman
Armenian History of ATMs (from the Series "Inventions of the Armenians")
Ararat Mirzoyan, Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne Discussed Peaceful Settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict
West at Risk of Conflict with Russia, Britain's Army Chief Says
Water Tariff in Armenia to Increase on January 1
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Under the Guise of Unblocking the Roads, the Azerbaijani Authorities are Pursuing a Targeted Policy of Isolating the Civilian Residential Communities of Armenia: Tatoyan