Britain Requests Urgent UN Security Council Meeting on Libya
The UN Security Council will meet behind closed doors on Friday to discuss the situation in Libya after the leader of eastern forces in the war-scarred north African country ordered his troops to advance on Tripoli, France24.
Britain requested the urgent meeting on Thursday, diplomats said, following the order from Khalifa Haftar, a key player opposed to the government in the capital.
Haftar's forces announced Wednesday they were gearing up for an offensive in the west of the country to purge it of "terrorists and mercenaries," having seized key areas of the country's south since the start of the year.
"The time has come," Haftar said in an audio message released Thursday by his self-proclaimed Libyan National Army, pledging to spare civilians and "state institutions."
- UN Secretary-General Condemns Attack Near Russian Embassy in Kabul The secretary-general conveys his condolences to the families of the deceased and wishes a speedy recovery to the injured.
- Armen Sarkissian Congratulates Antonio Guterres on the Re-Election as Secretary General of the Organization President of the Republic Armen Sarkissian sent a congratulatory message to Antonio Guterres on his re-election as Secretary-General of the United Nations.
- UN Secretary General Called COVID-19 a Number One Global Security Threat The coronavirus pandemic has gotten out of hand and the number of its victims will soon surpass 1 mln, Antonio Guterres said. "Soon, we will pass the grimmest of milestones: 1 million lives lost to the...
- Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Addressed a Letter to the UN Secretary The assistance and access of the United Nations specialized agencies including and especially of the World Health Organization to the people residing in the conflict-affected areas is essential in this...
- UN's Guterres Criticizes Trump's Move to Cut WHO Funding “The lessons learned will be essential to effectively address similar challenges, as they may arise in the future. But now is not that time,” the UN leader continued in a statement.
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 0.51 km/h