China Will Build String of Military Bases Around World: Pentagon
The US Defense Department expects China to add military bases around the world to protect its investments in it ambitious One Belt One Road global infrastructure program, according to an official report released on Thursday, the Guardian reports.
Beijing currently has just one overseas military base, in Djibouti, but is believed planning others, including possibly Pakistan, as it seeks to project itself as a global superpower.
“China’s advancement of projects such as the ‘One Belt, One Road’ Initiative (OBOR) will probably drive military overseas basing through a perceived need to provide security for OBOR projects,” the Pentagon said in its annual report to Congress on Chinese military and security developments.
Target locations for military basing could include the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and the western Pacific.
- US Committed to Helping Armenia and Azerbaijan Resolve Issues Peacefully: Blinken Spoke With Pashinyan The Secretary reiterated our commitment to helping Armenia and Azerbaijan resolve issues peacefully.
- Iran to Submit Final Conclusion Over Nuclear Deal Revival by Midnight In comments on Monday, Amirabdollahian said Iran is going to send its final conclusion about the JCPOA talks to the European coordinator in written form at midnight.
- Erdogan, Biden Might Meet in September- Media Turkey plans to buy 40 F-16 fighter jets from the US and upgrade another eighty. US President Joe Biden stated that he expects to receive the approval of the [US] Congress to sell F-16 fighter jets to...
- The United States Announced Its Readiness For a Dialogue With Russia on the Future of Arms Control We are ready to resume dialogue with Russia to shape the future of modern arms control if Russia is ready to act in good faith.
- Biden’s Nominee For U.S. Ambassador to Armenia Sent to Senate Kristina Kvien arrived at U.S. Embassy Kyiv in May 2019. From 2016 – April 2019, she served as Acting DCM/Minister Counselor for Economic Affairs at U.S. Embassy Paris.
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Met with California State Senator Anthony J. Portantino and California Assembly member Adrin Nazarian
Lavrov: Deploying CSTO observation mission in Karabakh being discussed
Foreign Minister David Babayan's Visit to Holy Martyrs Ferrahian High School in Los Angeles
Armenia’s Security Council Secretary holds meetings at CIA headquarters
There is no talk of any “extraterritorial corridor” in negotiations of trilateral working group and cannot be - Overchuk
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to meet in Geneva
Situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Remains Unchanged
Putin signs decrees to recognize independence of Zaporozhye, Kherson regions
West attempts to stir conflict among CIS countries: Putin
Erdogan and Pashinyan may meet soon: Rubinyan
Russia continues vigorous efforts to de-escalate the situation on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Azerbaijan captured several military outposts in direction of Vardenis
Foreign ambassadors visit Kut village to witness aftermath of Azerbaijani bombardments
Pashinyan receives Stanislav Zas
Artsakh FM Bestowed with Freedom Award in LA
U.S. Ambassador meets with people affected from latest Azeri aggression in Syunik province
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Delivered a Lecture in the University of California
Despite all factors, we are determined to protect our independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity: Prime Minister
India to supply arms and ammunition to Armenia
Azerbaijan Returns Five POWs to Armenian Side
Alen Simonyan’s Congratulations to Artur Tovmasyan on Artsakh Independence Day
Azeri Propaganda Spreads Fake Videos, Old Gootage From 2020 War
Ukrainian General Estimates Kiev’s Losses at Hundreds of Thousands since Feb
Pashinyan Meets with UN Secretary General António Guterres
Latest Events on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Have Nothing to Do with Karabakh: Putin
We Call on Azerbaijan to Return the Troops to their Initial Positions: US Embassy to Armenia
Pashinyan Presents the Consequences of Azerbaijan's Aggression to the President of Slovenia
Reports on Evacuations in Tavush Border Towns Are Fake News: Governor’s Office
Trump Warns US 'Is Going to Hell' and Needs Strong Leadership
Wind: 1.54 km/h