Syrian Troops Continue Push Into Jihadist Stronghold of Idlib
The Syrian government has captured the town of Qalaat al-Madiq in northwest Syria, some of its residents and a war monitor said on Thursday, as it pushed into the biggest remaining rebel territory under a massive bombardment, France24 reports.
Syria’s army, backed by Russian air power, launched ground operations this week against the southern flank of the rebel zone consisting of Idlib and parts of adjacent provinces.
Intense bombardment caused the jihadists and Islamist rebels to flee, according to the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. "Rockets have been fired on the Hmeimim airbase" from the area around the town, said the Observatory’s head, Rami Abdel Rahman.
The recapture of Qalaat al-Madiq comes after government forces retook the nearby town of Kafr Nabouda on Wednesday, pro-government newspaper Al-Watan and the Observatory said.
- Syrian Gov't Agrees to Conditional Ceasefire in Rebel-Held Idlib SANA cited a Syrian military source who announced the government's "approval for a ceasefire in the de-escalation zone in Idlib starting from tonight", on the condition that rebels withdraw forces and...
- US and Turkey Begin Syria ‘Security Zone’ Talks in Ankara The idea of a security zone was first mooted by U.S. President Donald Trump in January, in a call with his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan, at a moment when Turkey was threatening to launch an...
- Next Group of Armenian Specialists Leaves for Syria Next group from Armenia consisting of humanitarian de-miners, doctors and specialists ensuring their security has arrived in Aleppo, Syria on June 4.
- Why Iran Supports Turkey, Or the Regional Puzzle in Syria Interestingly, Iran joined this operation: this is the first Turkish-Iranian joint operation against the PKK. Turkey announced a joint operation with Iran against the PKK on the eve of the general elections...
- Withdrawal Of US Forces In Syria May Begin In "Weeks" Gen. Joseph Votel, the head of U.S. Central Command, temporarily moved additional security and logistics forces into Syria to prepare for the eventual withdrawal of the more than 2,000 American troops...
China to Impose 10%, 5% Extra Tariffs on $75 Billion Worth of US Imports
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Putin Orders Officials to Prepare Response to US Cruise Missile Testing after INF Treaty Collapse
Armenia's Parliament Speaker Congratulates on 29th Anniversary of Independence Declaration
Mine Exploitation Means 10-25 Blasts a Day, with Each Blast Raising 25 Tons of Dust: Ex-Governor of Vayots Dzor
Canada Opposes Russia's Return to G8: Freeland
Amulsar Exploitation Should Have no Impact on Land, Water and Air: Armenia’s PM
Bako Sahakyan Had a Meeting with Composer Robert Amirkhanyan
Amazon Rainforest Fires: Macron Calls for G7 Talks to Focus on "International Crisis"
Ninth Round of U.S., Taliban Peace Talks Start in Qatar: Reuters
Armenia Economy Minister Has New Deputy
US Formally Pulls Turkey's Patriot Missile System Offer
Boris Johnson Puts His Foot Up on a Table During His Meeting with President Macron
Robert Ghukasyan Appointed Advisor to PM
Ararat-Armenia vs. F91 Dudelange – 2:1
Government Sets up Terms and Conditions for Affordable Long-Term Mortgage Lending for Contract Servicemen
Kosovo Lawmakers Dissolve Parliament
Davit Babayan about Ara Papyan's Statement on Artsakh and Amulsar
NKR President Bako Sahakyan Participated at the Solemn Ceremony of Founding the Artsakh Affiliate of the Armenian General Gymnastic Union.
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
“Our Goal is to Make the Startup a Dominant Mindset in Armenia” - PM Meets with Sevan Startup Summit-2009 Participants (PHOTOS)
Trump Administration Attacks U.S. Aid Program to Artsakh
Armenian Killed in Aleppo
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Prime Minister of the Australian State of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border More than 900 Times
Our Strength Comes From our Ideas, Country’s Leaders and Country’s Rating: Security Council Secretary
In Uruguay Garo Paylan Together with His Party Colleague Paid Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Delivered a Speech at the Meeting with the Armenian Community of Australia
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border more than 65 Times
Environmentalists conduct protest action in front of government building against Amulsar exploitation
Wind: 21 km/h