US and Turkey Begin Syria ‘Security Zone’ Talks in Ankara
Turkey and the U.S. began talks on Tuesday, July 23 to establish a “security zone” in northern Syria aimed at creating a buffer between Kurdish fighters and the Turkish border, The Defense Post reports.
“Military officials from the two countries began, today in Ankara, to work together on a security zone that will be put in place in a coordinated manner in the north of Syria,” the Turkish ministry of defense said.
It said further talks were due in the coming days.
The idea of a security zone was first mooted by U.S. President Donald Trump in January, in a call with his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan, at a moment when Turkey was threatening to launch an offensive against Kurdish forces in Syria.
- The Next Round of Syria Peace Talks Will Take Place on December 10-11 Kazakhstan will host the next round of Syria peace talks sponsored by Russia, Turkey and Iran on December 10-11, Kazakh foreign minister Mukhtar Tleuberdi told reporters on Friday, Reuters reports.
- Israel Strikes ‘Dozens’ of Targets in Syria Video footage from Syria appeared to show a Syrian air defense missile crashing to the ground in a heavily populated area shortly after launching, which may account for at least some of the casualties.
- Two Armenian Priests Shot Dead by Terrorists in Syria Pastor of the Armenian Catholic Community of Qamishli Priest Hovsep Petoyan and his father Priest Abraham Petoyan were traveling in a vehicle en route to Deir ez-Zor when terrorists opened gunfire on their...
- Western Sanctions on Syria Only Hurt the People in Order to Push Regime Change Agenda – Assad to RT “This might also be a last-ditch attempt to push them to be against the government. They tried it last winter, they tried it before but it did not work because people knew the whole story and knew where...
- Erdogan Plans to Discuss Situation in Syria with Putin According to the Turkish president, Ankara "will honor its part of the commitments under the agreements that had been reached to the very end."
Johnson Says Britain Can Soon Stop Talking about Brexit if He Wins Vote
President Armen Sarkissian Sent a Congratulatory Message to the King of Thailand
Azerbaijan to Hold Parliamentary Elections on February 9
YouTube Reveals Its Most Popular Music Videos for 2019
Dutch Parliament Adopts Amendment to Open Embassy in Yerevan
President Sarkissian Met with a Group of Participants of the Silicon Mountain Conference
Mass Strike Paralyses France as Thousands of Protesters Take to Streets
The Newly Appointed Ambassador of the South African Republic Presented His Credentials to President Sarkissian
We are Aimed at Solving Very Tangible and Concrete Problems: Nikol Pashinyan
Security of Artsakh People will not be Compromised, Armenian FM Says at OSCE Ministerial Meeting
Risk of Escalation Remains in Karabakh: OSCE Chairperson
The World's Most Expensive Christmas Tree
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Participated in the Meeting of the Eastern Partnership Foreign Ministers
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Committee to Investigate Possible Corruption Risks at Yerevan Municipality Formed in Armenia Parliament
Roadways are Closed and Difficult to Pass: Drivers are Advised to Drive Only on Winter Tires
Armenian President Congratulates King of Thailand on National Day
Armenian FM Highlights Artsakh's Direct Engagement to NK Conflict Settlement Process
Serzh Sargsyan Does Not Consider Himself Guilty Under Charge Brought Against Him
Meeting of Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Kicks Off in Bratislava
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Komitas Statue to Be Unveiled in Front of Istanbul’s Armenian Patriarchate
Two Armenian Priests Shot Dead by Terrorists in Syria
Pope Francis Refers to Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Artsakh Republic President Participated in the Opening Ceremony of the Library-Reading Hall of the "Matenadaran-Gandzasar" Scientific-Cultural Center
Artsakh Republic President Held a Working Consultation with the Representatives of the Askeran Regional Administration and Community Heads
Impression is As if Authorities Want Quicker Settlement of Artsakh Issue to Live Freely: Vazgen Manukyan
Statement by MFA of Armenia Regarding the Statements by the President of Turkey on Armenian Genocide Made in the United States
Azerbaijan Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border around 140 Times in One Week
Colonel Arayik Grigoryan Appointed Frst Deputy Director of the Artsakh Republic National Security Service
Wind: 8 km/h