Syrian Gov't Agrees to Conditional Ceasefire in Rebel-Held Idlib
The Syrian government has agreed to a truce in the northwestern region of Idlib on condition that a Turkish-Russian buffer zone deal is implemented, according to Syria's state news agency, SANA.
Thursday's announcement, which follows weeks of heavy bombardment in the region of some three million residents, came as talks resumed in Kazakhstan between rebel-backer Turkey and Syrian government allies, Russia and Iran, Al-Jazeera reports.
SANA cited a Syrian military source who announced the government's "approval for a ceasefire in the de-escalation zone in Idlib starting from tonight", on the condition that rebels withdraw forces and weaponry from a buffer zone based on a September accord struck in the Russian resort of Sochi.
- Erdogan Says Syria's Idlib Slowly Disappearing Idlib, in Syria’s northwest corner, is the only big chunk of the country still in rebel hands after over eight years of war.
- US and Turkey Begin Syria ‘Security Zone’ Talks in Ankara The idea of a security zone was first mooted by U.S. President Donald Trump in January, in a call with his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan, at a moment when Turkey was threatening to launch an...
- Next Group of Armenian Specialists Leaves for Syria Next group from Armenia consisting of humanitarian de-miners, doctors and specialists ensuring their security has arrived in Aleppo, Syria on June 4.
- Syrian Troops Continue Push Into Jihadist Stronghold of Idlib Syrian troops captured the town of Qalaat al-Madiq on Thursday as they continued a push into a remaining rebel-held enclave located in Idlib province. The UN Security Council will hold a closed-door meeting...
- Why Iran Supports Turkey, Or the Regional Puzzle in Syria Interestingly, Iran joined this operation: this is the first Turkish-Iranian joint operation against the PKK. Turkey announced a joint operation with Iran against the PKK on the eve of the general elections...
Bako Sahakyan Received Representatives of the "My Step Foundation"
Pashinyan Reiterates Position on Acceptable Karabakh Resolution
Artsakh Republic Parliament Speaker Invites Alexis Ohanian to Visit Artsakh
Artsakh Republic President Attended a Solemn Opening Ceremony of a Capitally Renovated School in Kashatagh
Hassan Rouhani Is Expected in Yerevan on October 1: Pashinyan
Armenia's President Signs Decree to Dismiss NSS Chief
A Historic Agreement between Serbs and Albanians Is the Only Way to Achieve Lasting Peace: Serbian Prime Minister
National Security Service Director of Armenia Resigns
Trump Denies Media Reports He’s Willing to Meet With Iran With "No Conditions"
Iran Denies Launching Drone Attacks on Saudi Oil Facility
Trump: U.S. ‘Locked And Loaded’ For Response To Attack On Saudi Oil Sites
"Armenia has been and Remains a Crossroad of Civilizations" – President Sarkissian
Trump Authorizes Release of Emergency Oil Reserve "if Needed" after Attack on Saudi Oil Sites
Kim Jong-un Proposes Trump to Meet in Pyongyang – Report
Armenian Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Kicks off Official Visit to Lithuania
Vanadzor-Alaverdi-Bagratashen Highway is Closed for Truck Traffic
Karina Ignatyan to Represent Armenia at Junior Eurvision 2019
Bako Sahakyan Took Part at a Baptize Ceremony of the April War Martyr's Relatives
Nikol Pashinyan Offers Condolences to Aram I, Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia, in Connection with the Demise of his Mother
Weather Forecast in Armenia: The Temperature Will Gradually Go Up By 4-5 Degrees.
Famous Russian Singer Lyubov Uspenskaya Performed an Armenian Song in Azerbaijan (VIDEO)
The Government Dismisses the Mayors, then Beats the Deputies Elected by the People: Garo Paylan
Models and Celebrities Love Kim Kardashian's Vogue Arabia Cover
Commemoration of Sts. John the Baptist and Job the Righteous
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Armenia PM: If Government Were Subjected to Pressure on Teghut Matter, Over 900 People Would Again Be Unemployed
Government Sets up Terms and Conditions for Affordable Long-Term Mortgage Lending for Contract Servicemen
Mine Exploitation Means 10-25 Blasts a Day, with Each Blast Raising 25 Tons of Dust: Ex-Governor of Vayots Dzor
Jerusalem Municipality Plans to Reconstruct the Armenian Patriarchate Road
Not Rejection But Eexpression of Ssovereignty: Armenia’s FM on PM’s Decision Not to Participate in Economic Forum in Poland
Wind: 8 km/h