US Formally Pulls Turkey's Patriot Missile System Offer
The Trump administration has formally withdrawn its offer for Turkey to purchase a Patriot missile system in retaliation for Turkey's receipt of the Russian-made S-400 missile system, CNN reports.
"We have consistently told Turkey that our latest offer of PATRIOT would be withdrawn if it took delivery of the S-400 system. Our PATRIOT offer has expired," a US State Department official tells CNN.
In December, the US State Department announced that it had approved the possible sale of a $3.5 billion Patriot missile system to Turkey.
The withdrawal of the Patriot missile defense system is just the latest US response to Turkey's acquisition of the S-400 system.
The US has also ejected Turkey from the F-35 jet program, preventing Turkey from acquiring some 100 of the stealth jets and removing Turkish companies from the production chain.
- Erdogan Hopes to Meet with Putin on March 5 ‘in the Worst-Case Scenario’ The Turkish leader stressed that the bilateral meeting with Putin could be held in Ankara and in Istanbul.
- Putin Expresses Concern Over Aggressive Actions in Idlib During Talks with Erdogan The parties also agreed to intensify inter-agency consultations over Idlib, particularly with respect to military institutions.
- EU to Give Turkey More Time to Avoid Tax Blacklisting The tax haven debate adds to a number of issues in which the EU faces the choice between enforcing its own rules and jeopardizing an agreement under which Turkey helped stem the flow of migrants to Europe...
- At Least Three Dead as Turkish Jet Skids off Runway in Istanbul The majority of people on board were Turkish, but local media quoted the airline's records as saying there were 22 foreign passengers from 12 other countries. A small number of children are believed to...
- Turkish Military Convoy Crosses Syria Border, Heads to Southern Idlib - TV Earlier, Al Mayadeen TV channel reported that the Syrian forces had surrounded a Turkish observation point in Maar Hattat, a Syrian village in the Idlib governorate. On December 23, another Turkish post...
Armenia Premier: We Started Brilliant Ecnomic Year
Karabakh Will Never Be Part of Azerbaijan: This Was the Supreme Goal of My Life and Will Follow Me Till the End - Serzh Sargsyan
Bako Sahakyan Receives ARF party Bureau Representative
We are Working on Possible Meeting of Russia, Turkey and Iran, Peskov Says
Death Toll Rises as Violence Continues for Third Day in Delhi
Israel-Gaza Ceasefire Takes Hold after Two-Day Flare-up
Seventh Coronavirus Patient Dies in Italy as Authorities Urge Calm
Some Roads are Closed in the Area of the Republic
Erdogan Hopes to Meet with Putin on March 5 ‘in the Worst-Case Scenario’
Colombia Congressional Committee to Investigate President After ex-Senator's Allegations
Armenians Advised to Avoid Crowded Locations in Northern Italy and Contact Embassy
Artsakh President Attends Opening of Conference of Armenian National Committees and Offices
Armenian President Congratulates Kuwait’s Emir and Crown Prince on National Day
PM Receives Slovakian Foreign Minister
Three Ex-Premiers to Apply to Court for Changing Robert Kocharyan’s Preventive Measure Under Their Personal Guarantees
Armenia Constitutional Court President Has Filed a Lawsuit against Prime Minister
Car Drives Into German Carnival Parade
PM Introduced to Investment Support Center’s Activities
Armenian-Azerbaijani Top-Level Meetings on Karabakh 'Signal Positive Developments': Miroslav Lajčák
Ararat Mirzoyan Receives President of Parliament of Republic of Moldova Arrived in Armenia on an Official Visit
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
‘That Day Solidified Our Unity’: Congratulatory Message of President Armen Sarkissian on the Occasion of Artsakh’s Revival Day
Wind: 12 km/h
Wind: 12 km/h