Erdogan Says Syria's Idlib Slowly Disappearing
Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Tuesday that a so-called de-escalation zone in Syria’s Idlib region is slowly disappearing because of military attacks by government forces, Reuters reports.
Erdogan also said he would make all necessary contacts with parties in the region to find a solution to the Idlib situation, adding that a Syria safe zone which he has proposed to host Syrians fleeing the war is now nothing more than a name.
“Idlib is slowly disappearing. Idlib is in a situation that it started to disappear and become torn down in a way Aleppo is. It is not possible to stay silent against this,” Erdogan told a news conference in Ankara.
Idlib, in Syria’s northwest corner, is the only big chunk of the country still in rebel hands after over eight years of war. A truce in early August collapsed three days in, after which the Russian-backed Syrian army pressed an offensive and gained ground against rebel forces, some of whom are backed by Turkey.
- Russia, Turkey Conduct Third Joint Patrol in Idlib The first joint Russian-Turkish patrol of the M4 highway section in the Idlib de-escalation zone took place on March 15.
- Russian Military Delegation To Arrive In Ankara On March 10 Russian military delegation will arrive in Ankara on March 10 to discuss joint patrols in Syria’s Idlib, RIA Novosti reports.
- US Welcomes Russian-Turkish Ceasefire In Idlib The United States is encouraged by reports of a Russian-Turkish ceasefire in Syria's Idlib province, a spokesperson for the US Department of State told on Thursday
- The Ceasefire In Idlib Is Being Observed The ceasefire in Syria’s Idlib that was agreed by Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan and Russian President Vladimir Putin is being observed and the situation on the ground is calm, Russia’s RIA news...
- MFAs Of Russia And Iran Discussed The Situation In Idlib Iranian and Russian Foreign Ministers Mohammad Javad Zarif and Sergey Lavrov held telephone conversations, during which they also discussed the spread of coronavirus infection COVID-19, the situation in...
Powerful Thunderstorm on the Slopes of Our Biblical Mount Ararat
The Armenian Love of Aivazovsky
''We and Our Mountains'' Monument - Symbol of the Kinship between Artsakh Soil and the Nation
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenian PM Sends Congratulatory Messages on Eid al-Fitr
Arayik Haroutyunyan Takes First Decision as Karabakh President
President Sarkissian Spoke About the Lanzarote Convention
Larsi Highway Is Open Only For Trucks
Armenia Records 6661 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Second Palm Sunday
The Activity on the Protection of the Interests of the People of Artsakh in Germany is Transparent and Legal and will be Continued: Artsakh MFA
PM Gets Acquainted with Agricultural Activities and Intensive Orchards Establishment Programs in Ararat Marz
5-Day Weather Forecast
Starting from the First of September, the Higher Education will be Free in Artsakh
Adversary Attempts Subversive Intrusion, Thrown Back with Casualties: Artsakh Defense Army
US Authorities Mull Option to Conduct First Nuclear Test Since 1992 - Washington Post
Armenia Records 6302 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Pakistan Plane Crash Leaves 97 Dead, Two Survivors
Trump Says He Won’t Close the Country if Second Wave of Coronavirus Hits
Two More COVID-19 Patients Recover in Artsakh
Ara Darzi, Outstanding Surgeon, the First Armenian in the House of Lords
Scarecrow Society: Kim Kardashian Responded to Turkish User's Comment on Armenian Genocide
These're My Ancestors…That Were Starved, Raped and Slaughtered: Kim Kardashian about Armenian Genocide
The "Koltso" operation of deportation of Armenian villages of Artsakh
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
Armenian Values and Upbringing Always Helped Me: Paul Ignatius, Former US Navy Minister
"I'm Armenian, but I've Never Been in My Homeland'': Anna Der-Vartanian - First Female Master Chief Petty Officer in U.S. Navy
Trump Nominates Patrick Hovakimian as National Intelligence General Counsel
Gandzasar - Artsakh Monastery which Houses the Relics of Saint John the Baptist and Gregory the Illuminator
Armenians Caused the Coronavirus to Plague Us: Garo Paylan Raised the Issue of Attack on Armenian Church in Turkey
Wind: 14 km/h