No Go-Ahead on Turkish Operation: Pompeo
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Washington did not give Ankara "a green light" for a military offensive into Syria, Al-Jazeera reports.
"That's just false," he said in an interview with PBS channel, but did not elaborate other than to say that Turkey has a "legitimate security concern".
"They have a terrorist threat to their south," Pompeo said. "We've been working to make sure that we did what we could do to prevent that terror threat from striking the people in Turkey while trying to achieve what is in America's best interest: the threat from radical Islamic terrorism emanating from Syria."
Pompeo said the US was leaving Syria because it had achieved its goal of eliminating ISIL's control of the territory, which the SDF had played an instrumental part in.
"We'll continue to be in a position to do what we need to do to keep the American people as safe as we possibly can from this threat," he said.
- The Next Round of Syria Peace Talks Will Take Place on December 10-11 Kazakhstan will host the next round of Syria peace talks sponsored by Russia, Turkey and Iran on December 10-11, Kazakh foreign minister Mukhtar Tleuberdi told reporters on Friday, Reuters reports.
- Israel Strikes ‘Dozens’ of Targets in Syria Video footage from Syria appeared to show a Syrian air defense missile crashing to the ground in a heavily populated area shortly after launching, which may account for at least some of the casualties.
- Two Armenian Priests Shot Dead by Terrorists in Syria Pastor of the Armenian Catholic Community of Qamishli Priest Hovsep Petoyan and his father Priest Abraham Petoyan were traveling in a vehicle en route to Deir ez-Zor when terrorists opened gunfire on their...
- Western Sanctions on Syria Only Hurt the People in Order to Push Regime Change Agenda – Assad to RT “This might also be a last-ditch attempt to push them to be against the government. They tried it last winter, they tried it before but it did not work because people knew the whole story and knew where...
- Erdogan Plans to Discuss Situation in Syria with Putin According to the Turkish president, Ankara "will honor its part of the commitments under the agreements that had been reached to the very end."
Armenia Remembers Victims of 1988 Earthquake
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan Attended Concert Dedicated to 91st Anniversary of Hovhannes Chekijian
Angela Merkel Visits Auschwitz for the First Time as Germany's Chancellor
Government Continues Discussing Public Agencies’ Budget Requests
We're Acquiring New Weapons: Armenia’s Deputy Defense Minister
Armenian Military Will Have Special Army Sports Club for Distinguished Athlete Conscripts
Mistake Has Occurred while Publishing the Translation of the Text: Armenia's MFA
Unprecedented New Year and Christmas Celebrations Expected in Yerevan: Municipality of Yerevan
PM: State Budget of Armenia Exceeds by AMD 89 Billion in 2019
Armenia Acquired Unprecedented Quantity of Arms, Ammunition Since May 2018: Nikol Pashinyan
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Garo Paylan asked Turkish DM to Clarify Whether Turkish General Staff Has an Action Plan of Airstrikes against Armenia
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Reaffirmed Armenia’s Priorities in the Karabakh Peaceful Settlement Process
Transport Chaos as Strike Against Macron Reforms Enters Day Two
Pashinyan: Armenia Economic Growth is Highest in Post-Soviet Expanse
Cyprus to Launch Hague Court Case Over Turkey’s Gas Drilling
Japanese Scientist Takeo Kanade Awarded RA State Prize for Global IT Contribution
Roadways are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Resolution on Recognizing Armenian Genocide Blocked in US Senate
OSCE Minsk Group calls on the sides to engage in good faith substantive negotiations without artificial delays or conditions
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Komitas Statue to Be Unveiled in Front of Istanbul’s Armenian Patriarchate
Two Armenian Priests Shot Dead by Terrorists in Syria
Pope Francis Refers to Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Artsakh Republic President Participated in the Opening Ceremony of the Library-Reading Hall of the "Matenadaran-Gandzasar" Scientific-Cultural Center
Artsakh Republic President Held a Working Consultation with the Representatives of the Askeran Regional Administration and Community Heads
Impression is As if Authorities Want Quicker Settlement of Artsakh Issue to Live Freely: Vazgen Manukyan
Statement by MFA of Armenia Regarding the Statements by the President of Turkey on Armenian Genocide Made in the United States
Azerbaijan Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border around 140 Times in One Week
Colonel Arayik Grigoryan Appointed Frst Deputy Director of the Artsakh Republic National Security Service
Wind: 5 km/h