No Go-Ahead on Turkish Operation: Pompeo
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Washington did not give Ankara "a green light" for a military offensive into Syria, Al-Jazeera reports.
"That's just false," he said in an interview with PBS channel, but did not elaborate other than to say that Turkey has a "legitimate security concern".
"They have a terrorist threat to their south," Pompeo said. "We've been working to make sure that we did what we could do to prevent that terror threat from striking the people in Turkey while trying to achieve what is in America's best interest: the threat from radical Islamic terrorism emanating from Syria."
Pompeo said the US was leaving Syria because it had achieved its goal of eliminating ISIL's control of the territory, which the SDF had played an instrumental part in.
"We'll continue to be in a position to do what we need to do to keep the American people as safe as we possibly can from this threat," he said.
- Germany's Merkel Tells Erdogan to Halt Syria Offensive Immediately The phone call took place at Erdogan’s request, she said.
- Turkey Takes Control of Syria's Ras al-Ayn Turkey's Defense Ministry on Oct. 12 said that Ras al-Ayn neighborhood located east of Euphrates in Syria was taken under control in the scope of Operation Peace Spring
- Armenian Families to be Evacuated from Syria’s Tell Abyad Due to Turkish Military Operations Member of Parliament of Armenia Mkhitar Hayrapetyan held a telephone conversation with Armenia’s Consul General in Aleppo Armen Sargsyan to discuss the recent developments in Syria.
- Trump Declares ‘Time for Us to Get Out’ of Syria as Allies Object The president’s abrupt decision overrode the objections of the Pentagon and State Department, which sought to maintain a small American troop presence in northeastern Syria, and caught even some of Mr....
- Erdogan Says Turkey has no Choice but Go Its Own Way on Syria 'Safe Zone' Speaking at the parliament’s opening ceremony in Ankara, Erdogan said Turkey planned to settle 2 million people in the planned “safe zone,” which he said would stretch east from the Euphrates river...
Jane Fonda Arrested During Climate Protest Outside U.S. Capitol
Germany's Merkel Tells Erdogan to Halt Syria Offensive Immediately
Artsakh President Participated at Harvest Day Trade Fair
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan Held a Meeting With Members of the USA Delegation
Parliamentary Elections Underway in Poland
1 Dead, 50 Injured as Typhoon Hagibis Makes Landfall on Japan's Izu Peninsula
Bako Sahakyan Held a Meeting in Stepanakert With Members of the Delegation From Canada
Turkey Takes Control of Syria's Ras al-Ayn
More Than Six Million People Advised to Evacuate in Japan
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Talks with Vladimir Putin
Euro 2021: Armenia U21 National Team Celebrates Its Frst Victory
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Bako Sahakyan Receives Russia’s State Duma Member Konstantin Zatulin
Roads in Armenia are Passable: Goris-Kapan Roadway will be Closed for Trucks
Bako Sahakyan Held a Meeting with Members of Belgian, Cypriot and Czech Delegation
Artsakh President Meets with Delegation of the Belgian Francophone Regions
The Participants of the Friends of Artsakh Forum, Which Took Place in Stepanakert Adopted a Concluding Declaration
Establishment of Iraq-Artsakh Friendship Group Proposed
We must find a way of dialogue, compromise, mutual trust and respect between our peoples: Pashinyan
Artsakh’s President Received Defense Minister of Armenia
I've Heard about Blood-Thirsty Turks since I Was 11: Cher Reminded about Armenian Genocide and Condemned Ankara’s Operations in Syria
Armenia Marks the 28th Anniversary of Independence
Google Changes Doodle to Mark Armenia’s 28th Anniversary of Independence
ANCA thanks Kim Kardashian for raising Armenia's worldwide recognition
Buckingham Palace ‘Displeased’ by Cameron’s Comments about Seeking Queen’s Help during Scottish Referendum
Strategic Military Exercises to be Held on September 24-October 5, Involving Government Agencies and Local Self-Government Organizations
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
''California Demands Justice for the Murder of 1.5 million Armenians'': California Governor Signs Divestment from Turkish Bonds Act Into Law
Military Rank of Lieutenant-General Conferred to the Artsakh Defense Minister, Commander of the Defense Army
Comment by Foreign Ministry Spokesperson on Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev's Speech at Valdai Discussion Club
Wind: 5 km/h