Canada "Temporarily" Suspends New Arms Sales to Turkey
Canada has "temporarily" suspended new arms export permits to Turkey following that country's incursion into northern Syria, Global Affairs Canada said Tuesday, CBC reports.
In a written statement, a government spokesman re-iterated that Canada condemns Turkey's military action, which the government of President Recep Erdogan says is necessary to create a buffer zone against Kurdish militia forces.
"This unilateral action risks undermining the stability of an already fragile region, exacerbating the humanitarian situation and rolling back progress achieved by the Global Coalition Against Daesh, of which Turkey is a member," said spokesman Guillaume Berube.
"We call for the protection of civilians and on all parties to respect their obligations under international law, including unhindered access for humanitarian aid."
Over the weekend other nations — Britain, France and Germany — also suspended arms sales to Turkey because of its decision to attack Kurdish forces.
The suspension of Canadian weapons exports was first reported by Postmedia.
Turkey is on a list of trusted countries where Canadian defence contractors can safely do business and sell sophisticated, restricted weapons.
- Russia, Turkey Conduct Third Joint Patrol in Idlib The first joint Russian-Turkish patrol of the M4 highway section in the Idlib de-escalation zone took place on March 15.
- Russian Military Delegation To Arrive In Ankara On March 10 Russian military delegation will arrive in Ankara on March 10 to discuss joint patrols in Syria’s Idlib, RIA Novosti reports.
- US Welcomes Russian-Turkish Ceasefire In Idlib The United States is encouraged by reports of a Russian-Turkish ceasefire in Syria's Idlib province, a spokesperson for the US Department of State told on Thursday
- The Ceasefire In Idlib Is Being Observed The ceasefire in Syria’s Idlib that was agreed by Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan and Russian President Vladimir Putin is being observed and the situation on the ground is calm, Russia’s RIA news...
- MFAs Of Russia And Iran Discussed The Situation In Idlib Iranian and Russian Foreign Ministers Mohammad Javad Zarif and Sergey Lavrov held telephone conversations, during which they also discussed the spread of coronavirus infection COVID-19, the situation in...
33-year Old Patient Died of Coronavirus: Arsen Torosyan
Positive-Tested PM Pashinyan and Family Members Show no Coronavirus Symptoms
Government Expands Scope of 8th Anti-Crisis Program Beneficiaries
Zakharova: There are no Dramatic Changes in Karabakh Settlement, but Optimism Remains
Comment by the Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan Regarding Bellicose Statements of Various Circles of Azerbaijani Authorities
Davit Ananyan Announced About His Resignation
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President of Artsakh Appoints New Justice Minister
Aleksander Lukashenko Appointed The New Prime Minister Of Belarus
Hong Kong Passes China National Anthem Bill amid Protests
President of Artsakh Received the Mayor of Stepanakert
Libya's GNA Retakes Tripoli Airport from Haftar's Forces
North Korea: Kim's Sister threatens to End Military Pact over Leaflets
Artak Davtyan: No Violations In The Import Of Armaments And Military Equipment
Trump Administration to Bar Chinese Passenger Carriers from Flying to U.S.
Trump Believes He won’t Need to Invoke Insurrection Act
Armenia Records 11221 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Artsakh Republic President Sent a Condolence Letter to the Family of Prominent Writer and Publicist Maxim Hovhannisyan
Belarus President Dismisses Government
The President of Artsakh Republic will Submit for the Consideration of the Parliament the Candidacy of Mher Aghajanyan to the Post of Prosecutor General
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
Trump Nominates Patrick Hovakimian as National Intelligence General Counsel
Armenians Caused the Coronavirus to Plague Us: Garo Paylan Raised the Issue of Attack on Armenian Church in Turkey
Trilateral Ceasefire Agreement Signed Between NKR, Armenia and Azerbaijan: 26 Years Have Passed
Gevorg Nalbandian: an Armenian who Wrote an Anthem for an African Country
The Armenian Love of Aivazovsky
David Tukhmanov, Armenian, Author of the Best Victory Day Song
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Azerbaijan Informed neither Armenia, nor International Organizations about the Military Exercises: RA Defense Ministry Spokesperson
Murderer of Hrant Dink Ogun Samast May Be Released in Nine Months
Wind: 9 km/h