Two Armenian Priests Shot Dead by Terrorists in Syria
Terrorists have gunned down two Armenian priests in Qamishli, a city in northeastern Syria, ''Armenpress'' reports, referring to Gandzasar.
Pastor of the Armenian Catholic Community of Qamishli Priest Hovsep Petoyan and his father Priest Abraham Petoyan were traveling in a vehicle en route to Deir ez-Zor when terrorists opened gunfire on their car and killed them.
According to Gandzasar the Armenian Catholic priests were heading to inspect the condition of the Catholic Church.
The Pastor’s father died instantly in the attack.
Priest Hovsep Petoyan succumbed to his wounds minutes after the gunfire attack.
Deacon Fati Sano of the Al-Hasakeh church, who was a passenger in the vehicle, was wounded.
- Children Among Eight Killed in Syria as Missile Hits School Syrian forces launched a wide ground offensive last week in the northwest, after weeks of bombardment that displaced tens of the thousands of people in Idlib province.
- High Level Talks on Syria Start Today in Nur-Sultan The 14th round of the high level talks on Syria issues will start today in Nur-Sultan.
- US Doesn't Rule Out Sending Additional Troops to Syria "I think we have enough troops in Syria and if we don’t we would deploy additional troops — that’s one of the things I keep in close contact about with the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff",...
- The Next Round of Syria Peace Talks Will Take Place on December 10-11 Kazakhstan will host the next round of Syria peace talks sponsored by Russia, Turkey and Iran on December 10-11, Kazakh foreign minister Mukhtar Tleuberdi told reporters on Friday, Reuters reports.
- Israel Strikes ‘Dozens’ of Targets in Syria Video footage from Syria appeared to show a Syrian air defense missile crashing to the ground in a heavily populated area shortly after launching, which may account for at least some of the casualties.
Absence of Armenia-Turkey Relations Challenge for Armenia’s Security: Armenia’s FM
Pashinyan Ensures Law Enforcement will Reveal all Circumstances of the Death of Former NSS Director
Armenia Elected to Council of UNESCO International Bureau of Education and to Legal Committee of General Conference
Serviceman Dies after Falling Down Ravine
Erdogan Says Somalia Has Invited Turkey to Explore for Oil in its Seas: NTV
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Greece Elects First Woman President
5.3 Million Euro for Hazardous Waste Management: Mayor and EU Ambassador Signed Memorandum
Armenia’s Simon Martirosyan Nommed for IWF Lifter of the Year 2019 Award
Armenia a Favorite Destination for Expert-Led Tours
Gor Melikyan Appointed Armenian Deputy Minister of High-Tech Industry
Trump Says He doesn't Know "Very Angry" Greta Thunberg
President Sarkissian Meets with CEO of Apple Tim Cook in Davos
Armenian Parliament Passes bill to Tackle ‘Criminal Subculture’
Armenia’s PM Nikol Pashinyan to Speak Today About NSS Ex-Director Georgi Kutoyan’s Death Circumstances
Vartine Ohanian Becomes First Armenian Woman Minister in Lebanon’s History
President Sarkissian Met with the Prime Minister of Georgia Giorgi Gakharia
Contract Serviceman Dies in Artsak
Government Continues Discussing Programs and Activities to be Carried Out by Prime Minister’s Office in 2020
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
Homemade Armenian Baklava: Kourtney Kardashian's Post Angers Turks
Armenia, Artsakh and the World Around: What the Stars Say
Among His Respective Achievements Alexis Ohanian Mentioned the Visit to Armenia
A. Gundjian, K. Sarkissian Named Members of Order of Canada by Governor-General Julie Payette
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Congratulatory Message to Armenian People From Republican Square (PHOTOS)
The Hill: Armenian Church of Iran Included in Trump's List which He Threatened to Target
The Biggest Fashion Trends to Wear for Spring/Summer 2020
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan and Catholicos of All Armenians Vsit Army Unit Ahead of Holiday Season (PHOTOS)
Armenia's Constitutional Court Has Been Working under Unprecedented Pressure for the Last 6-7 Months: CC President
Armenia's Speaker of Parliament Visited Several North-Eastern Border Positions to Congratulate on New Year
Wind: 6 km/h