Two Armenian Priests Shot Dead by Terrorists in Syria
Terrorists have gunned down two Armenian priests in Qamishli, a city in northeastern Syria, ''Armenpress'' reports, referring to Gandzasar.
Pastor of the Armenian Catholic Community of Qamishli Priest Hovsep Petoyan and his father Priest Abraham Petoyan were traveling in a vehicle en route to Deir ez-Zor when terrorists opened gunfire on their car and killed them.
According to Gandzasar the Armenian Catholic priests were heading to inspect the condition of the Catholic Church.
The Pastor’s father died instantly in the attack.
Priest Hovsep Petoyan succumbed to his wounds minutes after the gunfire attack.
Deacon Fati Sano of the Al-Hasakeh church, who was a passenger in the vehicle, was wounded.
- Children Among Eight Killed in Syria as Missile Hits School Syrian forces launched a wide ground offensive last week in the northwest, after weeks of bombardment that displaced tens of the thousands of people in Idlib province.
- High Level Talks on Syria Start Today in Nur-Sultan The 14th round of the high level talks on Syria issues will start today in Nur-Sultan.
- US Doesn't Rule Out Sending Additional Troops to Syria "I think we have enough troops in Syria and if we don’t we would deploy additional troops — that’s one of the things I keep in close contact about with the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff",...
- The Next Round of Syria Peace Talks Will Take Place on December 10-11 Kazakhstan will host the next round of Syria peace talks sponsored by Russia, Turkey and Iran on December 10-11, Kazakh foreign minister Mukhtar Tleuberdi told reporters on Friday, Reuters reports.
- Israel Strikes ‘Dozens’ of Targets in Syria Video footage from Syria appeared to show a Syrian air defense missile crashing to the ground in a heavily populated area shortly after launching, which may account for at least some of the casualties.
Isis Founding Member Confirmed by Spies as Group's New Leader
President of Artsakh Attends Meeting of Defense Army’s Military Council
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
American Singer-Songwriter David Olney Died on Stage
Because of Azerbaijani Opera Singer's Attitude Armenian Soprano Expects Apologies from Opera Organizers
Artsakh’s General Elections to Take Place on March 31, 2020
For the First Time Ever Istanbul's Mayor Issues a Condolence Note on the Day of the Assassination of Hrant Dink
Armen Sarkissian in Zurich Met with Representatives of the French Thales Group
Axios: "Birth Tourism" is Trump's Next Immigration Target
Ex-NSS Chief’s Body had "No Signs of Violence" Other than Gunshot Wound, Authorities Say
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President of Artsakh Partook at a Solemn Event Devoted to the Day of the Judicial System Worker
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Armen Sarkissian will Participate at the 50th Annual Meeting in Davos
Arthur Aleksanyan Beats Azerbaijan Opponent in Final
Trump Says Good Relations with Russia, China are Beneficial for US
Prince Harry on Leaving Royal Role: It Brings Me Great Sadness
Why Did Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Decide to Step Back from Royal Duties?
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Iran’s Geography Lesson to Macron
Homemade Armenian Baklava: Kourtney Kardashian's Post Angers Turks
Armenia, Artsakh and the World Around: What the Stars Say
Among His Respective Achievements Alexis Ohanian Mentioned the Visit to Armenia
A. Gundjian, K. Sarkissian Named Members of Order of Canada by Governor-General Julie Payette
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Congratulatory Message to Armenian People From Republican Square (PHOTOS)
The Hill: Armenian Church of Iran Included in Trump's List which He Threatened to Target
The Biggest Fashion Trends to Wear for Spring/Summer 2020
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan and Catholicos of All Armenians Vsit Army Unit Ahead of Holiday Season (PHOTOS)
Armenia's Constitutional Court Has Been Working under Unprecedented Pressure for the Last 6-7 Months: CC President
Armenia's Speaker of Parliament Visited Several North-Eastern Border Positions to Congratulate on New Year
Wind: 4 km/h