Islamic Jihad Says Ceasefire with Israel Agreed
The Palestinian group Islamic Jihad says an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire with Israel has been agreed after air attacks killed at least 34 people in Gaza, Al-Jazeera reports..
The truce was in force from 5:30am local time (03:30 GMT), the group's spokesman, Musab El Berim, told Reuters news agency, marking about 48 hours since Israel sparked the exchange of fire by killing the faction's top Gaza commander in an air raid, deeming him an imminent threat.
Gaza health ministry said the death toll in two days of Israeli air attacks had risen to 34, including eight members of the Abu Malhous family. At least 63 Israelis received treatment for injuries in rocket attacks fired from Gaza.
- Israeli Air Raids on Gaza Kill 18 In response to the rocket barrage, dozens of air raids were launched on Gaza. Overall, 18 Palestinians have been killed in the Israeli bombardment in Gaza, according to health officials.
- Israeli Forces Kill Top Islamic Jihad Commander in Gaza Strike Separately, the Palestinian group said that Israel also attacked the home of one of its officials in the Syrian capital, Damascus.
- Netanyahu: Rocket Attacks Make New War in Gaza Inevitable The Israeli leader has been criticized for failing to respond harshly to the rockets, which have been frequently sending residents of southern Israel scurrying for cover.
- UN Chief Denounces Netanyahu’s Plans to Annex Parts of West Bank Netanyahu said in a televised address that in case he was reelected he would apply Israeli sovereignty over the Jordan valley and the northern part of the Dead Sea.
- Hezbollah Leader Says Israeli Army to Face Quick Retaliation to Drone 'Attack' in Beirut Nasrallah’s comments also followed overnight strikes claimed by Israel that he said killed two Lebanese Hezbollah fighters in Syria.
WFA Signs Mmemorandum of Cooperation with Arab Wrestling Federation
Roadways in RA are Mainly Passable
Greta Thunberg Named Time Person of the Year For 2019
Patriarch-Elect Sahak Mashalian Addressed the Armenian Community of Istanbul
President Sarkissian Hosts UNICEF Armenia Team Representatives
No Breakthrough in Russia-US Relations: Peskov
Armenia PM's New Year Message to Be Broadcast Live from Yerevan Republic Square
President of Artsakh Convoked a Working Consultation around a Number of Issues on the Activities of Transport Police
Trump's Meeting with Lavrov "Important' But Not a Sign of Thaw in US-Russia Relations, Kremlin Says
Israeli Lawmakers Expedite Bill to Dissolve the 22nd Knesset
Bishop Sahak Mashalian Elected 85th Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople
Russia’s Tula Region Interested in Multilateral Cooperation with Armenia
Boris Johnson Hides in Fridge to Avoid Questions as Aide Swears at GMB Reporter (video)
Federal Judge Blocks Trump Plan to Spend $3.6 Billion in Military Funds on Border Wall
Weather Forecast in Armenia: the Air Temperature will Gradually Go up
Scenario Seems to Be Imposed on Karabakh Implemented with Participation of Armenian Authorities: Robert Kocharyan
Armenian Parliament Completely Passes Bill on Early Retirement of Constitutional Court Judges
World's First Fully Electric Commercial Aircraft Takes Flight in Canada
UN Investigators Unable to Trace Saudi Aramco Attack to Iran
4 Killed in Jersey City Shooting
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Komitas Statue to Be Unveiled in Front of Istanbul’s Armenian Patriarchate
Pope Francis Refers to Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Artsakh Republic President Participated in the Opening Ceremony of the Library-Reading Hall of the "Matenadaran-Gandzasar" Scientific-Cultural Center
Revolution Turns into Ashes when the Given Promise Isn't Kept: Aram I Catholicos
Artsakh Republic President Held a Working Consultation with the Representatives of the Askeran Regional Administration and Community Heads
Impression is As if Authorities Want Quicker Settlement of Artsakh Issue to Live Freely: Vazgen Manukyan
Statement by MFA of Armenia Regarding the Statements by the President of Turkey on Armenian Genocide Made in the United States
December 10: Artsakh People Voted for Independence
Azerbaijan Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border around 140 Times in One Week
Wind: 3 km/h