Nikol Pashinyan, Armen Sarkissian, Ararat Mirzoyan And Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Laid Flowers At the Armenian Genocide Memorial
On the International Day of Remembrance of Genocide Victims and Prevention of the Crime of Genocide, Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan visited Tsitsernakaberd Memorial Complex together with RA President Armen Sarkissian, National Assembly Speaker Ararat Mirzoyan and Minister of Foreign Affairs Zohrab Mnatsakanyan.
The Prime Minister laid flowers at the Memorial to commemorate the innocent victims of Armenian Genocide.
* * *
The international community commemorates December 9 as the International Day of Remembrance and Dignity of the Victims of the Armenian Genocide and the International Day for the Prevention of this Crime.
On December 9, 1948, the UN adopted the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide. On September 11, the UN General Assembly adopted Resolution 69/323, declaring December 9 as the International Day of Remembrance and Dignity for the Victims of the Armenian Genocide and the International Day for the Prevention of this Crime.
The resolution was drafted by the Permanent Representation of the Republic of Armenia to the UN. It was adopted unanimously and received the support of more than 80 member states. The resolution encourages the international community to raise awareness about the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide and to commemorate the victims of the Genocide.
- Pro-Kurdish Party of Turkey: We Confront Armenian Genocide with Shame The Armenian Genocide has been recognized by dozens of parliaments around the world, but the parliament of the country of that crime does not speak about it for already 105 years.
- EU Delegation to Armenia: These Crimes Will Never Be Forgotten The EU Delegation to Armenia commemorates the victims of the tragic events that have led to the loss of so many innocent Armenian lives.
- PM Pays Tribute to Armenian Genocide Victims But due to the current state of emergency in the country because of the spread of COVID-19, the Prime Minister did not visit the memorial accompanied by the ruling elite, but only by his wife, Anna Hakobyan.
- His Holiness Garegin II Addresses Message on 105th Anniversary of Armenian Genocide We can make these dreams come true with a consciousness of duty and responsibility towards the nation and the Homeland, via national solidarity and uniting our efforts for the sake of the Homeland and...
- It is With Deep Concern that I Must Note How Turkish Politicians are Taking a Look Back at their History "Crimes, indeed, genocides must be recognized as such in order to rule out repetition. It is with deep concern that I must note how Turkish politicians are taking a look back at their history, and currently...
ICRC Representatives Visited Armenian Captives In Azerbaijan
Nikol Pashinyan On UN 75th Anniversary: "Rejection of the right to self-determination could only lead to oppression and further violence"
EU Imposes Sanctions on Violators of Libya Weapons Embargo
President of Artsakh Met with RA Defense Minister David Tonoyan
Artsakh Records 12 New Coronavirus Cases in a Day
Tropical Storm Beta Makes Landfall in Texas Late Monday Night
TikTok Deal under New Threat as Trump Insists on Total US Control
Armenia Records 47667 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Estonian President Congratulates Armenian Counterpart on Independence Day
Tragedy in Azerbaijan: Colors of Armenian Flag 'Discovered' in School Textbooks
Armenia Health Workers Fighting COVID-19 Honored with ''Hero of Our Time'' Special Award
Armenia Minister Meets With ROSATOM Director General in Vienna
Justin Trudeau Felicitates Armenians on Independence Day
Mayor Bowser proclaims September 21 as "Armenian Independence Day" in Washington, DC
Artsakh's Guardian Angel - St. Savior Ghazanchetsots Cathedral (Virtual Tour)
France Determined to Support Armenia in Reforms Process: Macron Sends Congratulatory Message
Armenia 3rd President Sargsyan Visits Yerevan Military Pantheon (PHOTOS)
The Air Temperature Will Not Change Considerably
In His Message To Nikol Pashinyan, Mikhail Mishustin Highlights The Components Of Friendship And Allied Partnership In Russian-Armenian Relations
German President Congratulates Armenian Counterpart on Independence Day
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the Violation of the Rights of the Officer Gurgen Alaverdyan who Appeared Under the Azerbaijani Jurisdiction
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Iran to Hold Presidential Elections on June 18, 2021
Artsakh Women Participate in 1-Week Combat Preparedness Training at Initiative of Armenian PM’s Wife (PHOTOS)
Internal Investigation to Be Carried Out over the Case of Disoriented Armenian Officer: MOD Spokesperson
Armenia Joined International Religious Freedom Alliance’s COVID-19 and Religious Minorities Pandemic Statement
The Government of Artsakh Also Contributes to the Preservation of the Armenian Community of Lebanon. President Harutyunyan Convoked a Consultation
Artsakh Republic President Approved the New Composition of the Security Council of the Country
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Internal investigation Will Reveal All Circumstances of Disappearance of the Armenian Officer - Defense Minister
Wind: 6 km/h