The White House Reacted To The Resolution, Limiting President Trump’s War Fighting Abilities In Iran
The White House slammed a House resolution passed Thursday that would limit President Trump’s war fighting abilities in Iran, calling it a "misguided" measure that would undermine presidential authority, TheWashingtonTimes reports.
Deputy Press Secretary Hogan Gidley said Mr. Trump has a "right and duty" to defend the nation from terrorism.
"That’s what he continues to do, and the world is safer for it," he said. "This House resolution tries to undermine the ability of the U.S. Armed Forces to prevent terrorist activity by Iran and its proxies, and attempts to hinder the president’s authority to protect America and our interests in the region from the continued threats. These congressional actions are completely misguided."
The House resolution, which passed 224-194, mandates the White House "terminate the use of United States Armed Forces to engage in hostilities in or against Iran or any part of its government or military,"unless Mr. Trump receives Congressional approval or "to defend against an imminent armed attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions," as allowed under the 1973 War Powers Resolution.
- WSJ: Trump’s Popularity Ticks Up During Coronavirus Crisis Approval of Mr. Trump’s handling of the outbreak has risen by 8 percentage points in weekly Economist/YouGov surveys over the course of March, standing at 49% in a poll that ended Tuesday, with 44% disapproving.
- Trump Cancels G7 at Camp David over Coronavirus The G7 is made up of the United States, Italy, Japan, Canada, France, Germany, Britain as well as the European Union.
- U.S. Suspending Visa Services Worldwide due to Coronavirus The State Department spokeswoman said U.S. missions abroad will continue to provide emergency visa services “as resources allow,” and that the services to U.S. citizens will remain available.
- Trump Says He Might Keep Others from Listening in on Calls Robert O’Brien, Trump’s national security adviser, said the president can conduct whatever phone calls he wants without other people being on the line.
- Zarif Slams Top Iranian Commander’s Murder as Act of International Terrorism The operation was carried out at the direction of US President Donald Trump, the statement said.
- Zarif Rejects Trump’s Claim amid Tensions in Iraq Zarif dismissed Trump’s allegation, saying Iran has no “proxies” but friends in Iraq.
- TASS: Tehran Calls US Sanctions Amid Coronavirus Pandemic ‘Medical Terrorism’ Due to American threats, European medical equipment makers do not trade with Iran and do not sell us medical goods.
- Iran Extends Leave for Prisoners Until April 19 Due to Coronavirus He also stated that it is impossible to inspect passengers by checking their temperatures since this causes big traffic jams.
- Opening Armenia’s Embassy in Tel Aviv Contradicts with Interests of Palestinian Nation: Hossein Amir-Abdollahian He referred to the positions of Islamic countries on the necessity of realization of the rights of Palestinian people and strongly condemned any normalization of ties between Arab and non-Arab countries...
- Iran's Foreign Minister: Trump Is Tightening Sanctions With Aim Of Draining Iran's Resources Needed In The Fight Against COVID19 Trump Is Tightening Sanctions With Aim Of Draining Iran's Resources Needed In The Fight Against COVID19
Armenia Records 853 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
President Sarkissian Offers Congratulations on Motherhood and Beauty Day
Pashinyan: 2bn 353mn Drams of Economic and Social Assistance Distributed to Legal Entities, Individuals
An Armenian Woman has Always Been a Keeper of a Hearth, a Support and Reliable Rear for her Husband: Artsakh Republic President
PM on a New Weapon Being Produced in Armenia
On April 7, the Armenian Church Celebrates One of Her Greatest Feasts - the Annunciation To St. Mary
Armenia's PM Hopes to Reach Arrangement with Russian President over Gas Price
Artsakh is Ready to Take all Necessary Measures of Self-Defense: Artsakh MFA
8 Coronavirus Patients in Armenia Are in Very Critical Condition
PM to Keep in Spotlight Capital Programs
Eduardo Eurnekian to Provide Armenia Government $250,000 to Help Fight Coronavirus
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Oil Falls After Saudi Arabia, Russia Delay Meeting
People Must Apply Until Monday 11:59pm for Customs Clearance of Cars Purchased in 2019 but not Imported to Armenia
PM Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Vladimir Putin
Reuters: UK PM Johnson will Continue to Lead Government, Housing Minister Jenrick Says
Fitch Revises Outlook on Armenia to Negative; Affirms at 'BB-'
The Indian Express: Statue of Unity Put Up "For Sale" on OLX for COVID-19 Donations
Larsi Highway Is Open Only For Trucks
This Is Our Armenian Pizza: Turks Have Lashed Out at Kim Kardashian for Describing Lahmacun as Armenian Pizza (VIDEO)
Armenian who Was Born on Ararat Street: Sergey Lavrov – the Unsurpassed Diplomat
March 15: Tehlirian’s Bullet Toppled Talaat to the Ground
Armenian Coat of Arms Printed on Famous American Rapper's Jacket
Joaquín Caparrós Appointes as Armenian National Team Head Coach
Catholicos Aram I Held Phone Talk with Noubar Afeyan over Coronavirus Vaccine
PACE Rapporteur: I Am Astonished And Appalled By The Azerbaijani Government’s Shameful Exploitation Of The Coronavirus Pandemic
Statement of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the military incident at the Armenian-Azerbaijani border
Baku’s Refusal of the Illusions of Restoring Its ''Territorial Integrity'' Will Help to Proceed with the Peace Process: Artsakh MFA
Artsakh President Chaired an Enlarged Meeting of the Interdepartmental Commission Coordinating the Prevention of the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus
Wind: 11 km/h