Iran Parliamentary Election Kicks Off
Iranians have started casting their votes in Iran’s 11th parliamentary and Assembly of Experts elections, al-Manar reports.
Polling stations across the country opened at 8:00 a.m. (0430 GMT) on Friday and Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Sayyed Ali Khamenei was among the first to cast his ballot.
More than 7,000 candidates are competing to enter the parliament. A winning candidate must have at least 20 percent of the votes cast in their constituency in order to become lawmaker for a four-year term.
A total of 57,918,000 people are eligible to cast their ballots. There would be one lawmaker at Majlis per each 190,000-strong segment of the Iranian population.
- Russia, Iran Developing Alternative to SWIFT Both countries are facing severe Western sanctions, making settlements in trade through SWIFT difficult or impossible.
- Iran to Overhaul and Maintain Russian Aircraft Iranian and Russian officials at the meeting stressed the need to intensify bilateral cooperation in air transport, he said.
- Iran and Russia Exclude Dollar from Trade Between Countries Noting that the policy of good neighborliness is a priority of Iran's foreign policy, Khandouzi said that Putin's visit to Tehran is in line with the implementation of the agreements reached during President...
- Iran Will Keep IAEA Cameras Turned off until Nuclear Deal is Restored Tehran recently suggested it could still return to compliance if a new deal is struck, but it has insisted Washington must move first.
- Iran Will Oppose Any Policy to Block its Border with Armenia – Supreme Leader "If there is a policy to block the border between Iran and Armenia, Iran will oppose it as this border is a years-old corridor", he said.
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Erdogan, Biden Might Meet in September- Media
The Situation on the Armenian-Azerbaijani Border is Relatively Stable
US Congress Approves $430 Billion Package of Initiatives to Reduce Inflation
The Prime Minister Awards the Members of the Men's Chess Team of Armenia
Russia warned US of ''points of no return'' in bilateral relations: MFA Russia
Feast of the Apparition ("Shoghakat") of Holy Etchmiadzin
General Seyran Saroyan, Armenia Former MP, Dies
Indeed, Neither Azerbaijan nor its Leadership Has Ever Misled or Deceived About their Plans for Artsakh: David Babayan
Russia Urges West Not to Create Hurdles for IAEA Mission to Zaporozhye Power Plant: MFA
Armenia Asks Georgia to Consider Sea Transport as Alternative to Lars Border Crossing
US Warns about More Sanctions in Case Ukrainian Regions Join Russia
Zelensky Is Either to Face Tribunal or Return to Comedy Shows: Russia Security Council
High Treason by Armenia Citizens, Espionage by Foreign Nationals Exposed
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Türkiye, Pakistan Sign Trade Agreement
Attacks Against Azerbaijani Journalists Continue Unabated in 2022: Greek City Times
4 Women Die On the Spot After Cars of Russian Peacekeepers and Artsakh Villages’ Residents Crash
Liberal Party of Australia recognized Artsakh independence, Armenian Genocide- David Babayan
Turkey Ready to Move Armenia Normalisation Talks to Yerevan and Ankara
Raffi Hovannisian Barred from Entering Artsakh
EU Will Not Recognise Passports Distributed By Russia To Ukrainians: Josep Borrell
Armenian Film Producer Armen Grigoryan Dies In Courtroom
Edvard Asryan Appointed Chef of Staff of Armenia’s Armed Forces
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Meet in Tbilisi
Prime Minister Pashinyan Receives US CIA Director William Burns
Armenia Plans to Open Diplomatic Office in Cyprus
A Place You Will Never Get Bored of: Tunisia for Movie Fans
Estonian PM Resigns to Form New Government
Meeting of the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan
Wind: 2.57 km/h