Euro Zone Governments Should Use Budget Measures to Support Growth: Lagarde
European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde repeated her call on Wednesday for euro zone governments to use their budgetary leeway to boost growth amid the bloc’s slowdown, Reuters reports.
Weak foreign trade has dragged the euro zone’s vast manufacturing sector into recession in recent months, and the coronavirus outbreak is risking further disruption.
"Fiscal measures intended to support the economy are certainly very welcome, particularly under present circumstances," Lagarde told reporters.
- Gazprom, Turkey Discuss Using TurkStream for Gas Supplies to Europe Earlier, Burmistrova said that Gazprom may consider delivering some of TurkStream’s gas further to Europe, on the condition that the demand for gas in the country continues to decline. Gas purchases...
- China's Economy Will Grow 2% This Year and 7.9% in 2021 "A premature policy exit and excessive tightening could derail the recovery," the World Bank said in its latest economic update on China, released Wednesday. It predicts the world’s second-largest economy...
- World Oil Prices Dropping And the Brent oil futures for February supplies fell by 2.97 percent to $50.71 a barrel.
- Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy "Last week’s optimism is taking a hit this morning and longs are edging towards the exit ahead of the OPEC+ talks," said oil broker PVM’s Tamas Varga, after OPEC+ failed to agree on policy in informal...
- OPEC Sees Steeper Oil Demand Drop as Virus Remains Challenging World oil demand will tumble by 9.46 million barrels per day (bpd) this year, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said in a monthly report, more than the 9.06 million bpd decline expected...
Stable Operational Situation Maintained along Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
Ombudsman Tatoyan, German Ambassador Discuss Return of Armenian POWs from Azerbaijan
Lavrov, Head of UN Alliance of Civilizations Discuss Upcoming Conference
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh Sent Letters to International Structures in Connection with Armenian Prisoners of War and Civilians Detained by Azerbaijan
Bodies of 7 Servicemen And 1 Civilian Found During Search Works in Karabakh
Armenia Records 164912 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Iran, Turkey Ink 3 Railroad Deals
India Moves ahead to Procure more MiG-29s and Sukhois
Russia’s FM Says Now not the Best Time to Discuss Nagorno Karabakh Status
Armenian Ambassador to Attend Biden Inauguration
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia's PM Replaces Head of his Staff Eduard Aghajanyan with Released Health Minister Arsen Torosyan
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Representatives of the ARF Dashnaktsutyun Supreme Body of Armenia and Central Committee of Artsakh
COVID-Infected President Sarkissian to Be Discharged from Hospital Soon
Armenia Central Bank Issues New Collector Coins
President’s Office confirms receiving PM’s motion on dismissing Healthcare Minister Arsen Torosyan
Iran jails U.S. Businessman, Possibly Jeopardizing Biden's Plans for Diplomacy with Tehran
Global Coronavirus Cases Top 95 mln
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Armenia Ombudsman: What Azerbaijan Military has Done is Step with Clear Intention to Intimidate Civilians
Wind: 8 km/h