Erdogan Expects Ceasefire to be Declared in Idlib Following Moscow Talks
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan expects that a ceasefire will be declared in the Syrian province of Idlib following his Thursday meeting with Russian leader Vladimir Putin, as Erdogan himself told reporters on Wednesday, TASS reports.
"As for the talks, we expect a ceasefire to be declared," Erdogan said, as cited by the NTV channel.
In addition, the Turkish president commented on a statement by US Special Representative for Syria Engagement James Jeffrey who had said that Washington was willing to provide ammunition to Ankara. "I have sent a request to [US President Donald] Trump," Erdogan noted.
Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov was hopeful earlier on Wednesday that talks between Presidents Vladimir Putin of Russia and Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey, scheduled for March 5, would make it possible to figure out the causes of the Idlib crisis and agree on measures to end it.
- Turkey’s Leader Met Two E.U. Presidents. The Woman Among Them Didn’t Get a Chair Von der Leyen stood staring at them, gestured with her right hand and appeared to say "um" or "ehm."
- EU Freezes Turkey Sanctions Plan Work has stopped on additional blacklistings of Turkish individuals, and we are not talking of economic sanctions anymore.
- NATO Chief Expresses 'Serious Concerns' Over Turkey's Actions Though it has been a NATO member since 1952, Turkey has angered members of the alliance over the last few years in a string of moves.
- Turkey Considers Purchasing 2nd Regiment of Russian-Made S-400 Air Defense Systems "Our work on the second [regiment] of S-400 systems continues," he said in an interview with the Turkish NTV television channel.
- Turkey Says Turning Back on S-400s 'Problematic' "It is a very problematic situation to turn back from the point we have come to. We invite (the United States) to distance themselves from threatening language such as sanctions," Akar told journalists...
Nationwide Moment of Silence To Be Observed September 27
Stepanakert Day is Celebrated Today
Armenia Records 257620 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Minsk Group Co-Chairs Meet Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs
Azerbaijan Carries Out Systematic Fight Against Armenian Cultural Values in Artsakh. Human Rights Defender of Artsakh
The Right of the People of Artsakh to Self-Determination Cannot Be Suspended Through the Use of Force: Pashinyan
Parliament Adopted Legislation on Community Enlargement
Investment Program of Construction of Sisian-Kajaran Road Section of North-South Road Corridor To Be Launched
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia Met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Iran
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Artsakh to Hold Moment of Silence on Sep 27 in Memory of 2020 War Victims
Armenia Security Council Chief: We Need to Normalize Relations with Turkey
Armenia Records 256554 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Russia, France Express Readiness to Continue Work Towards Stabilizing Nagorno Karabakh Situation
Seerpoohi Elias: Armenian Woman and the First Chief Justice of New Zealand
We're Receiving Positive Signals from Pashinyan, Erdogan Says
Pashinyan-Erdogan Meeting Is Not Planned: Armenia's Deputy Prime Minister
Armenia's Speaker of Parliament to Pay Official Visit to Russia
Irakli Garibashvili Sends Congratulatory Message to Nikol Pashinyan on Indpendence Day
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
Trump Says He’d Beat Biden in a Boxing Match
Lebanese-Armenian George Bojkian Appointed Minister in the New Lebanese Government
Arayik Harutyunyan Convened an Enlarged Working Consultation
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Construction of Nord Stream 2 Completed: Gazprom
Zelensky's Speculations about Risk of Russia-Ukraine War Apocalyptic: Kremlin Spokesman
Armenia Records 248397 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Commander of Artsakh Defense Army Mikayel Arzumanyan Relieved of Duties
US Envoy to Armenia Says they do not Consider Karabakh Conflict to be Resolved