US Welcomes Russian-Turkish Ceasefire In Idlib
The United States is encouraged by reports of a Russian-Turkish ceasefire in Syria's Idlib province, a spokesperson for the US Department of State told on Thursday, TASS reports.
"We are encouraged by reports today of a Turkish-Russian ceasefire in Idlib, which we hope will help deescalate a very dangerous situation and relieve the dire humanitarian crisis," the spokesperson said.
"The United States looks forward to discussing the details of this development with our NATO Ally Turkey, which has sought an enduring ceasefire. Of utmost importance now are the actions on the ground by Assad and his supporters, which will show whether an enduring ceasefire will be achieved," the spokesperson added.
"The only way to solve the conflict is through a nationwide ceasefire and a negotiated political solution pursuant to UNSCR [United Nations Security Council Resolution] 2254," the spokesperson stressed.
Other materials on this subject
- Turkey Is Ready For a New Military Operation in Northern Syria Kalyn said. He also added that in the event of a threat, ''an assessment will be made and everything necessary will be done.''
- Russia, Iran and Turkey Discussed the Turkish Operation in Syria Russian side tried to convince Ankara to solve the problem by peaceful means, without resorting to violence.
- US Forces in Syria Attacked after Air rRids on Armed Groups Iran-backed armed groups had earlier promised to retaliate after the US launched several air raids on the groups in Iraq and Syria on Sunday.
- Syria: Assad's Baath Party Wins Majority in Parliamentary Polls More than 7,000 polling stations were set up across government-controlled parts of the country. Voting also took place in former opposition-held areas for the time since government forces retook much of...
- Russia, China Veto U.N. Approval of Aid Deliveries to Syria from Turkey The Security Council will now vote on a rival Russian text that would only approve one Turkish crossing for aid access for six months. During the coronavirus pandemic the council has been operating virtually,...
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 3.6 km/h