Erdogan Instructs to Set Up an Independent Body to Fight against the Recognition of Armenian Genocide
During a regular meeting of the Turkish supreme advisory committee, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan instructed to establish an independent body fighting against the recognition of Armenian Genocide.
The speakers at the meeting stressed that there was no specific organization in Turkey that will deal with Armenian Genocide denial and the development of a respective strategy, News.am reports, referring to Hurriyet.
It was noted that a number of Turkish ministries were participating in the fight against Armenian Genocide recognition, but no single policy was developed in this regard.
A report on this same topic, and prepared by five universities, was also presented.
The President of Turkey accepted the proposals of the participants in the meeting, and instructed to create an independent body that will deal with the denial of Armenian Genocide.
The idea of creating such a body by the Turkish president arose a few months ago after a resolution recognizing Armenian Genocide had appeared in the US Congress and Armenians had filed lawsuits against Turkey in US courts, but the spread of COVID-19 had forced the Turkish authorities to postpone the founding of such an organization.
- Syrian Parliament to Vote on a Resolution Recognizing the Armenian Genocide Today’s vote by the Syrian parliament comes amid escalating tensions between Turkish and Syrian forces in Idlib governorate, eastern Syria.
- Canadian Armenian Genocide Survivor Eugenie Papazian Passes Away at Age 105 Eugenie Papazian was born in Turkey, in the Ionia district of Samsun by the Black Sea in 1915. She never knew her parents. Her father was taken to the army in 1915 and did not return home, while her mother...
- Cher Reacts to Senate Armenian Genocide Resolution "Oh, my God, unanimous passage of the US Senate Resolution recognizing the Armenian Genocide," Cher tweeted. "God bless fellow Armenians all over the world."
- Armenian FM Calls US Senate Resolution 150 a Decisive Step in Serving Justice We are overwhelmed with appreciation.
- US Senate’s Resolution is the Victory of Justice and Truth – PM Pashinyan This is tribute to the memory of 1.5 million victims of the first Genocide of the 20th century and bold step in promotion of the prevention agenda.
Armenian Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan is in Moscow
UAV Falls in Iran's Territory
US Rep. Urges Government to Recognize Artsakh’s Independence
Situation Is Stable and Under Control: MOD Representative
Levon Ter-Petrosyan Met with Former Presidents of Artsakh Republic Arkadi Ghukasyan and Bako Sahakyan
Tigran Balayan Concurrently Appointed Ambassador of Armenia to Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
Putin, Macron Discuss Situation in Nagorno-Karabakh
Artsakh Downs another Turkish Bayraktar TB2 UAV
Defense Ministry of Armenia Denies Azerbaijan’s Announcement of Striking Goranboy and Tartar
Iran Plans Massive Air Defense Drill
Armenian Presidential Administration to Assist Families from Artsakh
Two Armenia Military Officers Posthumously Awarded Combat Cross Order of 1st Degree
Armenia Premier Dismisses Official From Office
Armen Hovhannisyan - New Deputy Minister of Justice of Armenia
Tiran Khachatryan And Andranik Piloyan Will Be Awarded The Title Of National Hero
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
The Enemy Retreats in the Southern Direction, Khudaferin Reservoir, Suffering Heavy Losses: Shushan Stepanyan
Armenian Church Sends Cross of King Ashot II the Iron, Relics of True Cross to Artsakh
Arayik Harutyunyan Received "My Step" Faction MPs of Armenia
The Inspirer and Direct Par-Ticipant of Azerbaijan’s Barbaric Behavior is Turkey: President’s Message to the Governor General of Canada
Armenians in Nagorno Karabakh Will Never Be Defeated: Kim Kardasian Posted President Sarkissian's Interview
Artsakh's Guardian Angel - St. Savior Ghazanchetsots Cathedral (Virtual Tour)
ICRC Representatives Visited Armenian Captives In Azerbaijan
Armenia Records 47877 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Nikol Pashinyan On UN 75th Anniversary: "Rejection of the right to self-determination could only lead to oppression and further violence"
Ilham Aliyev’s Statements Demonstrate the Degree of Confusion of the Azerbaijani Authorities: Artsakh MFA
Macron Says Ready to Talk with Turkey, but Respect Needed
Russia’s FM Discussed with Azerbaijani Side NK Status Issue and Liberation of Surrounding Territories: Russian MFA
Armenia's Healthcare Minister and Chinese Ambassador Discuss Potential COVID-19 Vaccine Application
Despite Your Best Efforts, Turkey, Azerbaijan... We Will Never Be Annihilated: Alexis Ohanian
Wind: 7 km/h