Gazprom, Turkey Discuss Using TurkStream for Gas Supplies to Europe
Russian energy giant Gazprom and its Turkish partners are currently in talks on how the TurkStream pipeline can be used for deliveries to the European market, said Elena Burmistrova, the chief executive of the Russian holding’s export arm Gazprom Export, TASS reports.
"We are now in talks on the issue with our Turkish colleagues," she said at a conference with investment banks, when asked how the pipeline will be used for European deliveries.
Earlier, Burmistrova said that Gazprom may consider delivering some of TurkStream’s gas further to Europe, on the condition that the demand for gas in the country continues to decline. Gas purchases in Turkey declined significantly since 2019 for a number of internal reasons, including excessive supplies of liquefied natural gas.
Nevertheless, in general, forecasts on gas consumption in Turkey are optimistic, she said back then. Gazprom’s best year in Turkey was 2017, when the Russian company delivered about 29 billion cubic meters of natural gas to the country, making it the second biggest market after Germany.
Commercial deliveries via the TurkStream pipeline started on January 1, 2020. Presidents of Russia and Turkey held the official opening ceremony of the TurkStream on January 8 in Istanbul.
Throughput capacity of the 930-km long gas pipeline is 31.5 bln cubic meters of gas per year. The first line with the capacity of 15.75 bln cubic meters of gas is intended for consumers in Turkey and the other one for Southern and Southeastern European nations.
- Russia, Iran are negotiating creation of common steblecoin on gold The Iranian government intends to secure this token with gold, that is, it will be a kind of steblecoin. The token is expected to work in a special economic zone in Astrakhan, which will receive cargo...
- G7 coalition has agreed to set fixed price for Russian oil The initial price itself has not been set, but should be in coming weeks, multiple sources said. Coalition partners agreed to regularly review the fixed price and revise it as needed, the source said,...
- Details of 8th package of EU sanctions against Russia became known Thus, Brussels will establish a legal basis for determining the price ceiling for Russian oil for its transportation by sea from December and oil products - from February 2023.
- White House Accuses Opec+ of Aligning with Russia The Opec+ group said it would reduce production targets by 2mn barrels a day, equivalent to 2 per cent of global supply, following its first in-person meeting in two years in Vienna. The actual cut in...
- UNCTAD Warns of Policy-Induced Global Recession According to the report, rapid interest rate increases and fiscal tightening in advanced economies combined with the cascading crises resulting from the COVID pandemic and the war in Ukraine have already...
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 0 km/h