Jeff Marootian - Special Assistant to the US President for Climate and Science Agency Personnel: Political Portrait
Armenian American Jeff Marootian joins Joe Biden's Administration as Special Assistant to the President for Climate and Science Agency.
Below, we present who is Jeff Marootian and how did he get the position.
Marootian is a New Jersey native. In 1997, he moved to Washington, D.C., to study public administration at George Washington University.
In 2003 after receiving a Master's degree in Public Administration, he joined the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia as Manager for Community Partnerships and Legislative Analyst.
From 2008 to 2013 worked at District Department of Transportation (DDOT) as Customer Service Officer.
From 2011 to 2013 collaborated with 2,000 national leaders to build a coalition of grassroots supporters for President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign. Also led the DNC’s Office of Party Leaders and served as the point person for DNC Officers. Oversaw surrogate program for Officers and Vice Chairs and worked to build national events for White House principals.
Led the DNC effort to reach LGBT voters through robust social media and grassroots campaigns.
From 2013 to 2015 served as the Departmental liaison to the White House Office of Cabinet Affairs and Presidential Personnel and as the senior agency official responsible for the hiring and management of political appointees.
From 2015 to 2017 Jeff served as the Department's COO and Chief Sustainability Officer and worked to drive strategic priorities including electric and autonomous vehicles, unmanned aircraft, transportation safety and infrastructure modernization.
A key component of Jeff’s role at the DOT was to build consensus and further cultivate external relations with governmental agencies.
Jeff worked to connect all of the Department’s core business and operating functions to its mission of making America’s transportation system safer, more competitive and sustainable. He supervised Department-wide human resources, including labor relations and diversity.
From 2017 to 2021 was the Director at District Department of Transportation (DDOT).
During Jeff’s tenure at DDOT, the agency modernized over 200 miles of roads and sidewalks, and advanced critical infrastructure projects such as the reconstruction of the Frederick Douglass Memorial Bridge.
- Nubar Pasha, Armenian, the First Prime Minister of Egypt "Nubar Pasha is an Egyptian-Armenian politician, Christian and the first Prime Minister of Egypt. An Educated person, who fluently speaks a few languages, he is a genuine diplomat of the time," Brighouse...
- Jack Aghazarian, WW2 Special Agent of Armenian Descent Jack Charles Aghazaryan, one of Britain's bravest spies in the Special Forces Department during World War II.
- Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong The most famous Armenian of all times who lived in China was Khachik Pogose Astwachatoor, known as Paul Chater.
- When I Sit Around a Table with Other Armenians, Bread and Wine Taste Differently: The Armenian Speechwriter of 3 US Presidents Aram Bakhshyan was born in Washington, DC (USA), in 1944. His life is a vivid example of career rise and realization of personality: he was a freelance journalist, journal editor, art critic, teacher at...
- "I Don't Speak Armenian, but I'm Armenian": Alain Prost - Living Legend of Formula One Alain is a four-time World Formula One Drivers' Champion (1985, 1986, 1989, 1993). In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Prost set a number of records and only Michael Schumacher managed to break them a...
Russia Considers Minsk Group an Important Tool for NK Conflict Settlement
President of Iran Sends Congratulatory Message to Prime Minister of Armenia on Independence Day
Kremlin Regrets Erdogan's Remarks on Crimea Amid Preparations for His Visit to Russia
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Ukrainian Presidential Aide Survives Assassination Attempt
Secretary Blinken, Turkey’s Cavusoglu Discuss Nagorno Karabakh
Armenia Records 254709 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Putin Appoints Armenia's Mikayel Aghasandyan Russia's Permanent and Plenipotentiary Representative to CSTO
Russia Regrets Turkey’s Refusal to Recognize Duma Election Results in Crimea - Kremlin
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Largest Flag of Armenia Raised in Yeraskh village of Ararat Province
Vladimir Putin Sends Congratulatory Message to Nikol Pashinyan
We Look Forward to Continuing to Support the Armenian People on their Democratic Journey - Joseph Biden Congratulates Nikol Pashinyan
Arayik Harutyunyan Visited the First President of the Republic of Armenia Levon Ter-Petrosyan
US Remains Committed to Helping Negotiate Long-Term Political Settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict. Blinken
President of the Artsakh Republic Paid Tribute in ''Yerablur'' Military Pantheon
Armenia Records 254436 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Today, the History of Our Country, the People, the Present, and the Future are Intertwined: President of Armenia Armen Sarkissian
The Independence of the Native Country is the Greatest Value: Catholicos Karekin II
Armenia Marks the 29th Anniversary of Independence
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
Trump Says He’d Beat Biden in a Boxing Match
Lebanese-Armenian George Bojkian Appointed Minister in the New Lebanese Government
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Arayik Harutyunyan Convened an Enlarged Working Consultation
Construction of Nord Stream 2 Completed: Gazprom
Zelensky's Speculations about Risk of Russia-Ukraine War Apocalyptic: Kremlin Spokesman
Commander of Artsakh Defense Army Mikayel Arzumanyan Relieved of Duties
Armenia Records 248397 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
US Envoy to Armenia Says they do not Consider Karabakh Conflict to be Resolved