U.S. Considering 'Additional' Military Assistance To Ukraine, Blinken Tells
Secretary of State Antony Blinken says the United States is considering Ukraine’s request for "additional" military assistance. Kyiv has requested U.S. air defense systems and anti-sniper technology, along with a possible deployment of Patriot missiles in Ukraine.
Blinken told RFE/RL on May 6 in an interview in the Ukrainian capital, where he met with the country's top leaders, including President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, that the Pentagon is "looking at what additional assistance -- beyond the very significant assistance that we've already provided, including equipment -- would be helpful to Ukraine right now. That’s a very active consideration."
The United States has provided nearly $5 billion in financial, humanitarian, and military aid -- including lethal, anti-tank weapons -- to Ukraine since 2014, when Russia forcibly annexed Crimea and backed separatists in two of its eastern provinces, sparking a war that has killed more than 13,000.
- Military Actions Resumed in Eastern Ukraine: Who Is Interested in It? On the other hand the situation in eastern Ukraine can be intensified deliberately in order to stop US President Donald Trump’s plan easing of sanctions against Russia.
- Poroshenko Interrupts His Visit to Germany For Emergency Situation in Ukraine According to the Ukrainian officials sources, on January 30 that there was heavy shelling in Avdiivka, near the city of Donetsk overnight.
- Russia Has Opened a Criminal Case against Ukrainian Defense Minister The investigation has provided sufficient evidence that unlawful actions were committed against civilians at the orders of Ukraine's senior military leadership.
- Savchenko Refused to Thank Putin for Pardon “Maybe I’ll have to thank him released for the rest of Ukrainians”, — said Savchenko.
- Ukraine Accused Russia of War Crimes in UN “In light of the current difficult situation in and around Ukraine, we fully recognize the need of ensuring the global jurisdiction, legitimacy and the International criminal court”, — said in a...
Commemoration Day of the Discovery of the Relics of St. Gregory the Illuminator
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia Regarding the Inadmissibility of the False Charges Against Armenian POWs and Captured Civilians
You will Never Feel Deceived - Robert Kocharyan
There Were and Are Those Who Will Put Aliyev in His Place
Armenia, Iran Plan to Create Operational Communication between Meghri and Norduz Checkpoints
"Armenia" Bloc – 28,7%, Civil Contract 25,2% - Gallup Publishes Poll Results
Russia in Contact with all Parties over Settlement of Situation over Karabakh - Kremlin Spokesperson
Two New Cases of Coronavirus Reported in Artsakh
Armenia Reports 86 New Cases of Coronavirus
Delimitation, Demarcation Issues Should not be Discussed Only from the Political and Military Viewpoints: Armenia Ombudsman
Return of 15 Armenian POWs Instills Hope for Major Change in Regional Atmosphere: Pashinyan
The Comment of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the Declaration Signed by the Presidents of Turkey and Azerbaijan
Zakharova: Russia Sees Need to Demarcate and Delineate Armenia-Azerbaijan Borders as Soon as Possible
3 More Bodies Found in Thursday’s Search for Artsakh War Casualties
Sergei Lavrov and OSCE Secretary General Helga Schmid to Discuss Nagorno-Karabakh
Erdogan Does Not Exclude the Creation of a Turkish Military Base in Azerbaijan
EU, WHO Hand over 22 Ventilators to Armenia’s Health Ministry
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Quake Hits Armenia
Parents of Missing Soldiers Meet with Caretaker PM Pashinyan
United States Calls on Azerbaijan and Armenia to Relocate Forces to the Positions They Held on May 11
Elections in Armenia: To Be or Not to Be?
Situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Tense, 500-600 Azeri Militaries are in Armenia’s Territory: Pashinyan
German Chancellor Angela Merkel to Visit White House on July 15
Biden Administration Proposes $24,005,000 Post-War Aid Package for Armenia
ECHR Examines Armenia’s Appeal Over Case of Six Servicemen Captured by Azerbaijani Forces
CSTO Countries to Carry out Thunderbolt-2021 Drills in Armenia with Involvement of Armored Vehicles, Aviation
Moscow Calls on Yerevan and Baku to Resolve All Emerging Problems Peacefully
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Call for Release of All POWs, Relocation Troops
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia