U.S. Considering 'Additional' Military Assistance To Ukraine, Blinken Tells
Secretary of State Antony Blinken says the United States is considering Ukraine’s request for "additional" military assistance. Kyiv has requested U.S. air defense systems and anti-sniper technology, along with a possible deployment of Patriot missiles in Ukraine.
Blinken told RFE/RL on May 6 in an interview in the Ukrainian capital, where he met with the country's top leaders, including President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, that the Pentagon is "looking at what additional assistance -- beyond the very significant assistance that we've already provided, including equipment -- would be helpful to Ukraine right now. That’s a very active consideration."
The United States has provided nearly $5 billion in financial, humanitarian, and military aid -- including lethal, anti-tank weapons -- to Ukraine since 2014, when Russia forcibly annexed Crimea and backed separatists in two of its eastern provinces, sparking a war that has killed more than 13,000.
- Military Actions Resumed in Eastern Ukraine: Who Is Interested in It? On the other hand the situation in eastern Ukraine can be intensified deliberately in order to stop US President Donald Trump’s plan easing of sanctions against Russia.
- Poroshenko Interrupts His Visit to Germany For Emergency Situation in Ukraine According to the Ukrainian officials sources, on January 30 that there was heavy shelling in Avdiivka, near the city of Donetsk overnight.
- Russia Has Opened a Criminal Case against Ukrainian Defense Minister The investigation has provided sufficient evidence that unlawful actions were committed against civilians at the orders of Ukraine's senior military leadership.
- Savchenko Refused to Thank Putin for Pardon “Maybe I’ll have to thank him released for the rest of Ukrainians”, — said Savchenko.
- Ukraine Accused Russia of War Crimes in UN “In light of the current difficult situation in and around Ukraine, we fully recognize the need of ensuring the global jurisdiction, legitimacy and the International criminal court”, — said in a...
President of the Artsakh Republic Convened An Enlarged Working Consultation Dedicated to the Organization of Preparations for the Winter Season
Armenian Soldier Wounded in Azerbaijani Shooting in Gegharkunik Border Section
Freedom House Calls on the Armenian Authorities to Immediately Cease Enforcement of the Unconstitutional Legislation Criminalizing Defamation
Iran Says Military Drill in Northwest a Sovereign Issue
Agreements on Nagorno-Karabakh Help Establish Stability, Russia's Lavrov Says
Georgian PM to Visit Azerbaijan
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
38 Civilians were Killed in Captivity: Ombudsman of the Artsakh Republic
Ombudsman’s Proposal to Create Demilitarized Zone Around Armenia’s Borders Included in PACE Resolution
Armenia Records 259779 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
UN Secretary General Reiterates Full Support to the Efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
PACE Adopts Report on Humanitarian Consequences of the Conflict Between Armenia and Azerbaijan
Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary Hogan Discusses Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict with OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
President Harutyunyan Took Part in the Requiem Service for the Victims of the 44-day War
Foreign Troops Deployed in Poland on Belarusian Border: Lukashenko
PM Pashinyan Visits Soldier’s House Rehabilitation Center
Georgian Prime Minister Offers "Tbilisi platform" for Armenia-Azerbaijan Talks
France Will Spare no Effort to Contribute to Resumption of Dialogue within OSCE MG Co-Chairmanship
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Statement of the Foreign Minister of Armenia on the Occasion of the Anniversary of the Aggression Unleashed by Azerbaijan against Artsakh on September 27
Sir Khachik Paul Chater, Father of Hong Kong
Trump Says He’d Beat Biden in a Boxing Match
Lebanese-Armenian George Bojkian Appointed Minister in the New Lebanese Government
Arayik Harutyunyan Convened an Enlarged Working Consultation
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Construction of Nord Stream 2 Completed: Gazprom
Zelensky's Speculations about Risk of Russia-Ukraine War Apocalyptic: Kremlin Spokesman
Commander of Artsakh Defense Army Mikayel Arzumanyan Relieved of Duties
Armenia Records 248397 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
US Envoy to Armenia Says they do not Consider Karabakh Conflict to be Resolved